Training by remote control??

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Training by remote control??

Postby il padrone » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Riding bikes in traffic - what seems dangerous is usually safe; what seems safe is often more dangerous.
il padrone

by BNA » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:15 pm

BNA

Re: Training by remote control??

Postby sogood » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:15 pm

What a hard life! :mrgreen:
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
sogood

Postby g-boaf » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:13 pm

Why is it that these videos make me want to go on the bike again? I just got home a few hours ago. :wink:
g-boaf

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:44 pm

I love watching Dan Martin ride... he has the KOM's on one of my locals... insanely fast... especially compared to the TDF going over the same climb a month later. http://app.strava.com/segments/2407667
Still wondering if strava will come up with an app that will connect in live with the garmin... until then or I have powermeter I can't really see the point for me personally... ok except not having to have my phone in my pocket :P .
toolonglegs

Postby g-boaf » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:14 pm

toolonglegs wrote:I love watching Dan Martin ride... he has the KOM's on one of my locals... insanely fast... especially compared to the TDF going over the same climb a month later. http://app.strava.com/segments/2407667
Still wondering if strava will come up with an app that will connect in live with the garmin... until then or I have powermeter I can't really see the point for me personally... ok except not having to have my phone in my pocket :P .

So The Edge 810 will do live stream to Garmin Connect, apparently via your smart phone. But it's not useful for those who've abandoned Connect. ;)
g-boaf

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:01 pm

g-boaf wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:I love watching Dan Martin ride... he has the KOM's on one of my locals... insanely fast... especially compared to the TDF going over the same climb a month later. http://app.strava.com/segments/2407667

So The Edge 810 will do live stream to Garmin Connect, apparently via your smart phone. But it's not useful for those who've abandoned Connect. ;)

We will see...some little boffin is on the case I am sure!.
toolonglegs

Return to General discussion