Teenager with potential

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Teenager with potential

Postby avroncotton » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:00 pm

I live in country Victoria and while there is a growing cycling community, not an awful lot happens around here. However, I have become aware of a year 12 student who seems to have a potential to go places in road racing. At the mo he is doing lots of kms and a few races and local triathlons. I don't know him that well, and don't even know if it's my place to give him advice. But, just for arguments sake, what would/should he be doing to get himself noticed?
avroncotton

by BNA » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:18 pm

BNA

Re: Teenager with potential

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:18 pm

avroncotton wrote:I live in country Victoria and while there is a growing cycling community, not an awful lot happens around here. However, I have become aware of a year 12 student who seems to have a potential to go places in road racing. At the mo he is doing lots of kms and a few races and local triathlons. I don't know him that well, and don't even know if it's my place to give him advice. But, just for arguments sake, what would/should he be doing to get himself noticed?

Join a local bike club and race. Enter the country championships and enter the states. Race and win. People will notice and talk.

Joining a good club with a good coach is the key. Find one with a development team or a NRS squad and let them know that he wants to work with them.
bigfriendlyvegan

Re: Teenager with potential

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:22 pm

Get him into a club and then go from there. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Return to General discussion