Hit and Run Sydney North

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Hit and Run Sydney North

Postby sogood » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:23 pm

ILMB wrote:PS: New regulations mean that registering as a donor on one's driving license is no longer recognised. See here for changed regulations http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/organdonation.html

Went over to register and it told me I am duplicating. Must have done it some time back when it first came out.

The other important comment on organ donation is to make sure your wishes are widely known to your loved ones. Many transplant opportunities were missed due to delayed confirmation or last minute reluctance by the relatives. Often because of the wishes weren't made clear or widely known, the one loved one who has been told can feel immensely pressured when other members of the family are in disagreement.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16926
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

by BNA » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:33 pm

BNA
 

Re: Hit and Run Sydney North

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Very sad to hear that he passed away but was great to hear that his organs are now helping out so many others in need.
Image
User avatar
Lukeyboy
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Hit and Run Sydney North

Postby birdbrain » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:44 pm

I would hate to turn this into a debate about what happened and who if anybody was involved but I have to go on my experience on two occasions and the police investigation :roll: to know that anything is possible.

A wonderful gesture being an organ donor and no doubt Ron's gift will save the lives of others.
Image
User avatar
birdbrain
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: tulla melb

Re: Hit and Run Sydney North

Postby gabrielle260 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Very sad news!
I'm in Bright and have just caught the news about Ron, a fellow Audax member. The AGM is on this weekend- I'll post about any mention then,
Andrew
gabrielle260
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Hit and Run Sydney North

Postby grantw » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:13 pm

sogood wrote:
ILMB wrote:PS: New regulations mean that registering as a donor on one's driving license is no longer recognised. See here for changed regulations http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/organdonation.html

Went over to register and it told me I am duplicating. Must have done it some time back when it first came out.


Same thing happened so I called the 1800 number, seems they imported the RMS donor information but they still require validation. They send you a separate donor card as opposed to having your license endorsed.
Image
User avatar
grantw
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:22 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: Hit and Run Sydney North

Postby sogood » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:47 pm

grantw wrote:Same thing happened so I called the 1800 number, seems they imported the RMS donor information but they still require validation. They send you a separate donor card as opposed to having your license endorsed.

Thanks for the follow up. I don't think I'll further "use" the system and just leave it at that. As long as they have sufficient data to flag my intent within the system, the rest will come through my loved ones. They will have the final say when I am no longer conscious. I just have to ensure they will follow my wish. Fact is, the hospital can not act without relatives' consent.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16926
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Previous

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot]



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU



InTouch with BNA
“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter