[POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confession

Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confession?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:44 pm

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 90
sumgy

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby sumgy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:33 pm

sogood wrote:
sumgy wrote:All publicity is good publicity.
You have all just done your bit to add to the publicity machine. :mrgreen:
Your multiple posts in this thread has already done the same too. The ability to ignore is an art of Zen! :mrgreen:
Its a swindle!!! :mrgreen:

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:37 pm

sogood wrote:
Apple wrote:I am with you ozzymac but I am a fan. Let that poor spunk race if he wants. :D
His punishment should be to train overweight or unmotivated people. He can start with me 8) :mrgreen: Not that I am unmotivated or overweight, well maybe I am just blotted a little.
You are a real individual! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You are the only one that understands me :mrgreen: I am sure Lance does as well, he just needs to meet me
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

sogood

Postby sogood » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:43 pm

sumgy wrote:Its a swindle!!! :mrgreen:
C'mon, be honest! You just love the circus too, don't you? :mrgreen:
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Metor

Postby Metor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:46 pm

He can't compete for a few weeks and he starts freaking out already. Addicted to winning and competing... :roll:

sogood

Postby sogood » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:50 pm

Metor wrote:He can't compete for a few weeks and he starts freaking out already. Addicted to winning and competing... :roll:
Isn't that also a reflection of his highly competitive and aggressive personality? He may have lost his ball but he is not short on testosterone! :mrgreen:

sumgy

Postby sumgy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:51 pm

sogood wrote:
sumgy wrote:Its a swindle!!! :mrgreen:
C'mon, be honest! You just love the circus too, don't you? :mrgreen:
I honestly dont care, but I will say this.
This is years and years old information suddenly admitted.
It is not "news".
It did not suddenly happen yesterday.
Tyler's book has been out for ages and took a number of years to put together before it was published.
Everything you are suddenly listening to on the other publicity hunter's show has been said before by others that he has tried to rubbish.
And it is all being rolled out now by him for whatever reason.
That reason will revolve in some way around $$$$$.

Dont be fooled.
It is a swindle.

sogood

Postby sogood » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:53 pm

sumgy wrote:Dont be fooled.
It is a swindle.
Of course it is, and a big PR campaign! In the meantime, you are still contributing to his Google counter. ;)

sumgy

Postby sumgy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:57 pm

sogood wrote:
sumgy wrote:Dont be fooled.
It is a swindle.
Of course it is, and a big PR campaign! In the meantime, you are still contributing to his Google counter. ;)
I have not mentioned his name once.
But every time you do it adds to the hits found for his name.

That is my theory anyway. :lol:

sogood

Postby sogood » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:11 pm

sumgy wrote:I have not mentioned his name once.
Google is much smarter than that, and so is forum analytics. You've been pawned! :mrgreen:

sumgy

Postby sumgy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:14 pm

sogood wrote:
sumgy wrote:I have not mentioned his name once.
Google is much smarter than that, and so is forum analytics. You've been pawned! :mrgreen:
I said it was just my theory. :P

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:29 pm

It is satisfactory because it has put to bed all the speculation about the 7 T d f s. that is all you can expect from a career liar. It is similar to catholic priests admitting to child abuse. No words or punishment can ever be enough. A sad day for pro cycling; this should vindicate riders like il pirato, but it won't. :(

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:07 pm

Most people's problem with Lance, I believe, is not the fact that he doped, cos face it, during that time it appears almost all the top riders did.
When you look back at guys like Pantani, Ulrich, Ricco, Basso etc, they did the crime, they got caught, most of them aknowledged what they did and moved on. I'm not saying this is acceptable at all, dopers should be wiped from the sport.

However, the thing I believe that causes most people's anguish and anger is the fact that Lance not only took drugs, but he was a bully, he used his swarm of lawyers to attack like pitbulls, he belittled people, and basically his whole ethos during his career was based on the notion that "even tho I'm a doper, I am going to deny it and threaten people's liveleyhood (think Lemond and his bikes) who even dares come at me with anything to the contrary".

The people he owes the biggest apology to tho, are the cancer victims. People who used this false idol as a crutch to lean on. People who not only admired him, but needed him to be the clean cut, drug free cancer survivor he claimed to be ;the people who he looked straight in to the eyes of and preached his clean living lifestyle, which was a complete lie. Those poor people who went from the hospital straight to the bike races to cheer on their hero, defending him to everyone who've since been vindicated.
Livestrong I'm afraid is never gonna be able to distance themselves from his name, as one's been synonymous with the other since he began the foundation.

The whole saga is sad more than anything. The guy spent so much time believing his own lies and living in his self constructed cocoon of deceit and ego that I honestly still don't really think he fully understands the enormity of the situation.

Crocodile tears anyone..
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

sumgy

Postby sumgy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:13 pm

MarkG wrote:Most people's problem with Lance, I believe, is not the fact that he doped, cos face it, during that time it appears almost all the top riders did.
When you look back at guys like Pantani, Ulrich, Ricco, Basso etc, they did the crime, they got caught, most of them aknowledged what they did and moved on. I'm not saying this is acceptable at all, dopers should be wiped from the sport.

However, the thing I believe that causes most people's anguish and anger is the fact that Lance not only took drugs, but he was a bully, he used his swarm of lawyers to attack like pitbulls, he belittled people, and basically his whole ethos during his career was based on the notion that "even tho I'm a doper, I am going to deny it and threaten people's liveleyhood (think Lemond and his bikes) who even dares come at me with anything to the contrary".

The people he owes the biggest apology to tho, are the cancer victims. People who used this false idol as a crutch to lean on. People who not only admired him, but needed him to be the clean cut, drug free cancer survivor he claimed to be ;the people who he looked straight in to the eyes of and preached his clean living lifestyle, which was a complete lie. Those poor people who went from the hospital straight to the bike races to cheer on their hero, defending him to everyone who've since been vindicated.
Livestrong I'm afraid is never gonna be able to distance themselves from his name, as one's been synonymous with the other since he began the foundation.

The whole saga is sad more than anything. The guy spent so much time believing his own lies and living in his self constructed cocoon of deceit and ego that I honestly still don't really think he fully understands the enormity of the situation.

Crocodile tears anyone..
Who do you think funded his lawyers originally?
When he was racing for US Postal who were in turn funded by the US Govt.
As I said earlier, it is a swindle.
He is a swindler and stands to make more money out of his "confession", but he in no way the top of this tree.
And the foundation? They knew nothing?
Seriously? Nobody there had any clue?
:roll:

sogood

Postby sogood » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:29 pm

MarkG wrote:However, the thing I believe that causes most people's anguish and anger is the fact that Lance not only took drugs, but he was a bully, he used his swarm of lawyers to attack like pitbulls, he belittled people, and basically his whole ethos during his career was based on the notion that "even tho I'm a doper, I am going to deny it and threaten people's liveleyhood (think Lemond and his bikes) who even dares come at me with anything to the contrary".
Standard multi-national corporate business strategy. LA is but an extension of corporate America. No?

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:43 pm

MarkG wrote: The whole saga is sad more than anything. The guy spent so much time believing his own lies and living in his self constructed cocoon of deceit and ego that I honestly still don't really think he fully understands the enormity of the situation.

Crocodile tears anyone..
Boom :P sums it up, as George Costanza said,
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

jillybean

Postby jillybean » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:15 pm

Just realised that I completely forgot about the second part of this interview being on today. Probably says a lot about what I thought of yesterday's effort. Liar, liar, pants on fire.
1987 Colnago Master Piu | 1994 Trek OCLV Carbon |2013 Colnago CLX 3.0 Di2

gabrielle260

Postby gabrielle260 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:31 pm

MarkG wrote:Most people's problem with Lance, I believe, is not the fact that he doped, cos face it, during that time it appears almost all the top riders did.

Crocodile tears anyone..
Great post, Mark!
You summed up why this is not another Tiger Woods, why he is getting little sympathy and why he is being thoroughly reviled.
Andrew

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:46 pm

sogood wrote:
MarkG wrote:However, the thing I believe that causes most people's anguish and anger is the fact that Lance not only took drugs, but he was a bully, he used his swarm of lawyers to attack like pitbulls, he belittled people, and basically his whole ethos during his career was based on the notion that "even tho I'm a doper, I am going to deny it and threaten people's liveleyhood (think Lemond and his bikes) who even dares come at me with anything to the contrary".
Standard multi-national corporate business strategy. LA is but an extension of corporate America. No?
No

jimsheedy

Postby jimsheedy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:55 pm

The problem with the interview lies at Oprah's feet not Armstrong's. She is a lightweight entertainment host. Not an investigative journalist with the skill to be able to think on their feet and follow a thread and to keep digging to get all the information. She also know nothing about cycling. The most telling thing about Armstrong's contrition or lack thereof is that he chose to be interviewed by Oprah.

sogood

Postby sogood » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:10 pm

jimsheedy wrote:The problem with the interview lies at Oprah's feet not Armstrong's. She is a lightweight entertainment host. Not an investigative journalist with the skill to be able to think on their feet and follow a thread and to keep digging to get all the information. She also know nothing about cycling. The most telling thing about Armstrong's contrition or lack thereof is that he chose to be interviewed by Oprah.
Not Oprah's problem and your expectation is not realistic. If she was a hard hitting investigative news woman, LA wouldn't have engaged for the interview.

sumgy

Postby sumgy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:14 pm

And I understand they are friends.

jimsheedy

Postby jimsheedy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm

sogood wrote:
jimsheedy wrote:The problem with the interview lies at Oprah's feet not Armstrong's. She is a lightweight entertainment host. Not an investigative journalist with the skill to be able to think on their feet and follow a thread and to keep digging to get all the information. She also know nothing about cycling. The most telling thing about Armstrong's contrition or lack thereof is that he chose to be interviewed by Oprah.
Not Oprah's problem and your expectation is not realistic. If she was a hard hitting investigative news woman, LA wouldn't have engaged for the interview.

Thats correct that was exactly my point. Didn't you read my post? My expectations were very low when I heard he was going to be interviewed by Oprah, and they were realised.

sogood

Postby sogood » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:25 pm

sumgy wrote:And I understand they are friends.
LA is "friend" even with recent US Presidents. What's new? At that level and being a recent all-American hero, the only people who aren't friend with him are those who have a conflict of interest with him. We all already know who they are.

sumgy

Postby sumgy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:29 pm

sogood wrote:
sumgy wrote:And I understand they are friends.
LA is "friend" even with recent US Presidents. What's new? At that level and being a recent all-American hero, the only people who aren't friend with him are those who have a conflict of interest with him. We all already know who they are.
Refer jimsheedy's response above yours.
Oops, except the bit about asking whether you read my post.
Just the bit about how my expectations were low as a result.
And because I hate her. :mrgreen:

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Why do you hate her?
I've never really had an opinion on her, one way or another, but she's hardly "hate worthy".
Lance on the other hand...