[POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confession

Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confession?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:44 pm

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 90
Apple

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby Apple » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:58 pm

rdwaltonut wrote:Well, since we are on the topic of LA, I have a Team Discovery jersey that needs a new home. Definitely cheap. Don't want it trying to wrestle my other jerseys into any sordid activity
LOL, do you have a trek bike as well.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

sogood

Postby sogood » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:45 pm

Nice bike Apple! Wasn't it a shame that I have no Trek, Discovery, US Postal, Radioshack or Livestrong labels anywhere in my kit. Never liked to follow those glams of the day.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

rdwaltonut

Postby rdwaltonut » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:32 pm

sogood wrote:Nice bike Apple! Wasn't it a shame that I have no Trek, Discovery, US Postal, Radioshack or Livestrong labels anywhere in my kit. Never liked to follow those glams of the day.
I only have one good thing to say about "him." He is the reason I got into cycling. I loved watching the TdF back then. Still do. Good thing I have gotten away from one specific person to follow and just love the whole thing, all of it. And I do hope that now, the sport will come out stronger and cleaner than it was.
"Try not. Do...or do not. There is no try." -Yoda-

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 pm

rdwaltonut wrote:I only have one good thing to say about "him." He is the reason I got into cycling. I loved watching the TdF back then. Still do. Good thing I have gotten away from one specific person to follow and just love the whole thing, all of it. And I do hope that now, the sport will come out stronger and cleaner than it was.
I have to agree he was inspirational and beautiful to watch on the bike, what style and physique.
He was so focused all the time. I still think he had such mind power that he probably would have achieved without the drugs as long as everyone else was not on drugs.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

ozstriker

Postby ozstriker » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:21 am

Apple wrote:
rdwaltonut wrote:I only have one good thing to say about "him." He is the reason I got into cycling. I loved watching the TdF back then. Still do. Good thing I have gotten away from one specific person to follow and just love the whole thing, all of it. And I do hope that now, the sport will come out stronger and cleaner than it was.
I have to agree he was inspirational and beautiful to watch on the bike, what style and physique.
He was so focused all the time. I still think he had such mind power that he probably would have achieved without the drugs as long as everyone else was not on drugs.
Agreed

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:50 pm

ozstriker wrote:
Apple wrote:
Agreed
But he WAS on the juice. Game Over.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Apple wrote:
Don't forget Armstrong's high cadence and reconnoitering the stages. :roll:

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:04 pm

biker jk wrote: Don't forget Armstrong's high cadence and reconnoitering the stages. :roll:
Yes that high cadence has changed the way cyclists ride. He is the one that people watched and said, wow cadence is the way to go. Jan Ullrich used high gears ( he was also doping). I remember watching them race and watching the difference in style. It didn’t take long for the world of cycling to pick up the cadence phenomena.
Lance Armstong introduced cycling to a different level for the world to see. If he didn’t dope would it have the same effect, I don’t know but my guess is Yes he would, why, because Lance is unique with or with out EPO

I am still not good on the cadence but I am trying for those Hills, I think of Lance when I am climbing hills and repeat cadence tempo cadence tempo. :mrgreen:

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Mulger bill wrote: But he WAS on the juice. Game Over.
I know, We all know but he was still a great cyclist and still is. ( The spunk that he is) 8)

sogood

Postby sogood » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:33 pm

Apple wrote:Yes that high cadence has changed the way cyclists ride. He is the one that people watched and said, wow cadence is the way to go...
It's all very interesting isn't it? Now that we know he doped, does that also mean all the publicised technique are out the door? I note that Chris Carmichael has been very quiet these days, along with all associates of LA. Time will tell.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Read an interesting story about Lance's " coach " the other day... Never realized he had such a dirty secrets past, I always thought Carmichael was a bit of a puppet / muppet ... But seems he was right in the thick of it.
Just had a good coating of Teflon as well.
There is a good reason not to stick your head out too high.

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:00 am

Apple wrote:
biker jk wrote: Don't forget Armstrong's high cadence and reconnoitering the stages. :roll:
Yes that high cadence has changed the way cyclists ride. He is the one that people watched and said, wow cadence is the way to go. Jan Ullrich used high gears ( he was also doping). I remember watching them race and watching the difference in style. It didn’t take long for the world of cycling to pick up the cadence phenomena.
Lance Armstong introduced cycling to a different level for the world to see. If he didn’t dope would it have the same effect, I don’t know but my guess is Yes he would, why, because Lance is unique with or with out EPO

I am still not good on the cadence but I am trying for those Hills, I think of Lance when I am climbing hills and repeat cadence tempo cadence tempo. :mrgreen:
The Lance v Ullrich cadence difference was mostly a myth in the minds of cycling commentators.

Why do people think that a clean rider in a clean peleton could not also have had the power to bring more people into the sport? That's just a fallacy to excuse the doping.

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:13 am

toolonglegs wrote:Read an interesting story about Lance's " coach " the other day... Never realized he had such a dirty secrets past, I always thought Carmichael was a bit of a puppet / muppet ... But seems he was right in the thick of it.
Just had a good coating of Teflon as well.
There is a good reason not to stick your head out too high.
Yeah, it's old news. It was reported on an American 60 minutes story about 4-5 years ago, and was in papers in the years before that.
News of Carmichael having reached an out of court settlement after being sued by several USAC riders over doping has been public domain for over a decade.

We are still waiting for confirmation here on the Vinnicombe case. I have a pretty fair idea but best it be validated through the right channels first.

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 am

Alex Simmons/RST wrote:
Why do people think that a clean rider in a clean peleton could not also have had the power to bring more people into the sport? That's just a fallacy to excuse the doping.
I wasn’t disputing that if anything, I think Lance could have achieved without drugs,(maybe not 7 wins of the TDF) It is his personality and the desire to be famous, he wanted it so much he could taste it.
For him it was the supreme, he would have stopped at nothing, his brain works only one way, win win win, How, doesn’t matter, even if you make a deal with the devil. Shame really, but from reading his books I can see that even as a child he had to be the best. I wish I had some of that mind power.

clean riders in a peloton do have the power, but the news was on Lance not on the clean Peleton, was there ever a clean peloton :? The true cyclist of the TDF without doping was years ago. think of the first TDF 1903 and onwards till ? was clean, Now that was inspirational

roller

Postby roller » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:00 am

Apple wrote:from reading his books
the penny still hasn't dropped for you, it's all lies.

it's all written to make you think a certain way about him, part of the marketing strategy, build the myth, laser like focus "no one trained harder than me" . . .

the high cadence thing, people were doing that years and years ago, back when photos were black & white.

but lance put it in his book to make people think he'd discovered something new and amazing so that you would see past his results which got more and more unbelievable as the years went on.

the "we reconned the stages, no one else did", are you sure? did you check with the other teams? do you think the other teams just sat around eating doritos and watching repeats of dr phil during the offseason?

but what's that you say?

he wouldn't put it in the book if it wasn't true!!!

. . . . . oh . .really?

just like the the "i wasn't taking dope. it's just the french, they're out to get me"
inflammatory statement or idea