[POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confession

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confession?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Yes
22
24%
No
68
76%
 
Total votes : 90

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Only seen snippets as me stomach isn't that strong but the Betsy Andreu clip is enough for me. That poor lady has been hurt big time and this business has done nothing to ease that pain. No real contrition detectable to this viewer. Excuses are not apologies, they are hardly valid reasons.

No redemption possible IMO. Call out the mob, I've got the torches and rope...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 25681
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

by BNA » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:08 pm

BNA
 

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby greyhoundtom » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:08 pm

Lance had the perfect opportunity to set the record straight and undo some of the damage that he has caused to the reputation of cycling..............and stuffed it.

About the only thing he has done is show the world what a unrepentant liar he is, and that it’s all about Lance and nothing else. :roll:
User avatar
greyhoundtom
 
Posts: 2532
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 6:28 am
Location: Narre Warren, Victoria

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby il padrone » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Lance who??


(Where's the "Don't give a funkelstein" option?)
Riding bikes in traffic - what seems dangerous is usually safe; what seems safe is often more dangerous.
User avatar
il padrone
 
Posts: 18274
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:57 pm
Location: Heading for home.

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby TomBikes » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Last edited by AUbicycles on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Admin says: Thanks - I have embedded in the first post.
TomBikes
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby Farmer Elvis » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Lance will end up doing time over this....... I hope :twisted:
Farmer Elvis
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:45 pm
Location: Nort West N.SW.

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:26 pm

I got a little bored towards the end so I turned over to Animal plannet. Only problem was Oprah was on that channel to. And on Discovery Science.... Discovery Health... Discovery Turbo. It was as if i couldn't get away from it. Didn't help that the replay channels played it aswell. All afternoon that's all what was on haha.
Image
User avatar
Lukeyboy
 
Posts: 2220
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby drubie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:30 pm

I'm satisfied. There is only so much you can expect from those with narcissistic personality disorder as anybody who has lived with someone with it will attest.

Most of them have delusions of grandeur, not many attain it and the seductive nature of his increasing legend was a monstrous trap of his own design. Have pity on him, forgive, but don't ever forget. We're all flawed in some way.
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.
User avatar
drubie
 
Posts: 4617
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:12 am
Location: New England

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby sogood » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Farmer Elvis wrote:Lance will end up doing time over this.

This should be the next poll subject.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16929
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby open roader » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:36 pm

il padrone wrote:Lance who??


(Where's the "Don't give a funkelstein" option?)


+1
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking
User avatar
open roader
 
Posts: 2361
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Dueling Banjo Country

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby drubie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:01 pm

Image
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.
User avatar
drubie
 
Posts: 4617
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:12 am
Location: New England

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby gpz1100 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:42 am

Are you satisfied with the Lance arm-pong confession?This sounds like a 7 Sunrise topic.Is it ok to smack your child? should alcho pops be banned?
User avatar
gpz1100
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:44 pm
Location: sydney

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby greyhoundtom » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:55 am

As he has freely admitted........he could not have won seven TdF without the use of performance enhancing drugs.

Therefore most of the money and possessions he has are as a direct result of fraud.........take the lot off him + let him serve about 5 years jail time.........that should almost square the ledger..........not quite, but almost.
User avatar
greyhoundtom
 
Posts: 2532
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 6:28 am
Location: Narre Warren, Victoria

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby sogood » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:11 am

greyhoundtom wrote:Therefore most of the money and possessions he has are as a direct result of fraud.........take the lot off him + let him serve about 5 years jail time.........that should almost square the ledger..........not quite, but almost.

Was LA the only doper on that stage? Was LA the first doper on that stage? Was LA the worst doper on that stage? What has been the due process in these past cases? What should be the due process going forward? It's so easy to lynch one to absolve communal wrongs.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16929
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby Apple » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:10 am

And to think I had fantasies about that man :oops: :mrgreen:
Image
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby sogood » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:48 am

Apple wrote:And to think I had fantasies about that man :oops: :mrgreen:

In this present world, one that's filled with commercial values, he won‘t be your only nor last flawed fantasy.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16929
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby RonK » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:05 am

MarkG wrote:He's pretty adamant he didn't dope in '09 and '10 but then again, he was also adamant he'd never doped, period.

That is because these seasons are still within the statue of limitations, so he could be subject to further legal consequences if he makes any admissions about this period.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
User avatar
RonK
 
Posts: 5280
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane, Queensland

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby Apple » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:21 pm

I am watching oprah winfrey Now and I still want to do Lance, is that wrong :oops:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby sogood » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Apple wrote:I am watching oprah winfrey Now and I still want to do Lance, is that wrong :oops:

You are naughty. That we already know. ;)
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16929
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby RonK » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:53 pm

sogood wrote:
greyhoundtom wrote:Therefore most of the money and possessions he has are as a direct result of fraud.........take the lot off him + let him serve about 5 years jail time.........that should almost square the ledger..........not quite, but almost.

Was LA the only doper on that stage? Was LA the first doper on that stage? Was LA the worst doper on that stage? What has been the due process in these past cases? What should be the due process going forward? It's so easy to lynch one to absolve communal wrongs.

The due process has been to catch and punish the dopers. There is a chart which has been posted frequently, showing that the majority of top 10 TDF placegetters if the LA era have been caught and punished. And quite a number who never failed a drug test (Ullrich, Basso, Rasmussen) were also tracked down and punished.
LA, as history now shows, has had favourable treatment repeatedly, and it has only been through the determination of a few disbelievers that we have reached the point where LA has not only admitted that he used PED's, but also that he lied about using them. So his credibilty is now on par with Landis and Hamilton.
LA is a cheat, liar and bully. His actions are absolutely unjustifiable, and unforgivable.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
User avatar
RonK
 
Posts: 5280
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane, Queensland

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby ozzymac » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:17 pm

RonK wrote:
sogood wrote:
greyhoundtom wrote:Therefore most of the money and possessions he has are as a direct result of fraud.........take the lot off him + let him serve about 5 years jail time.........that should almost square the ledger..........not quite, but almost.

Was LA the only doper on that stage? Was LA the first doper on that stage? Was LA the worst doper on that stage? What has been the due process in these past cases? What should be the due process going forward? It's so easy to lynch one to absolve communal wrongs.

The due process has been to catch and punish the dopers. There is a chart which has been posted frequently, showing that the majority of top 10 TDF placegetters if the LA era have been caught and punished. And quite a number who never failed a drug test (Ullrich, Basso, Rasmussen) were also tracked down and punished.
LA, as history now shows, has had favourable treatment repeatedly, and it has only been through the determination of a few disbelievers that we have reached the point where LA has not only admitted that he used PED's, but also that he lied about using them. So his credibilty is now on par with Landis and Hamilton.
LA is a cheat, liar and bully. His actions are absolutely unjustifiable, and unforgivable.


I am confused by everybody's reaction to this.

What has Armstrong done differently to anyone else?

He lied....

So did everyone else before they got caught.

Only difference I can see is that he managed to get away with it for longer and the process of proving it took longer.

Didn't Contador do the same thing?

How long did it take to convict him?

And what sort of punishment did he receive?

Armstrong's conviction just took longer, same offence but a much bigger punishment.

Is this just a case of the tall poppy syndrome?

Not quite sure I understand how certain riders get months of the bike and another rider gets a life ban.


Now I'm not a Armstrong fanboy, just think punishments should be the same for everyone.

If you are caught drug cheating in any sport it should be a life ban, no ifs or buts.

So have we now set an example by the Armstrong ban? Will it now be life bans for everyone?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2
User avatar
ozzymac
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby sumgy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:20 pm

How many more threads do we need to have on this subject?

All publicity is good publicity.
You have all just done your bit to add to the publicity machine. :mrgreen:
User avatar
sumgy
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby Apple » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:24 pm

I am with you ozzymac but I am a fan. Let that poor spunk race if he wants. :D
His punishment should be to train overweight or unmotivated people. He can start with me 8) :mrgreen: Not that I am unmotivated or overweight, well maybe I am just blotted a little.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby sogood » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:29 pm

ozzymac wrote:I am confused by everybody's reaction to this.
What has Armstrong done differently to anyone else?

I agree. It's the result of media beat up and being a higher profile character with lots more enemies. Then it become the lynch mob mentality. So many of those who are now keen to put him through the most severe punishment are also those who were emotive with the Livestrong wave. Further, there are those ex-dopers (revealed or unrevealed) who've decided to jump on the bandwagon and join the "bash Lance" brigade, thereby washing their sins.

Whilst I agree that Lance needs and will be punished for his deeds, there's a proper course for it.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16929
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby sogood » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:30 pm

Apple wrote:I am with you ozzymac but I am a fan. Let that poor spunk race if he wants. :D
His punishment should be to train overweight or unmotivated people. He can start with me 8) :mrgreen: Not that I am unmotivated or overweight, well maybe I am just blotted a little.

You are a real individual! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16929
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: [POLL] Are you satisfied with the Lance Armstrong Confes

Postby sogood » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:31 pm

sumgy wrote:All publicity is good publicity.
You have all just done your bit to add to the publicity machine. :mrgreen:

Your multiple posts in this thread has already done the same too. The ability to ignore is an art of Zen! :mrgreen:
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16929
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], grt046



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit