Crashed

g-boaf

Re: Crashed

Postby g-boaf » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:40 pm

All good now - leg is getting closer to healed up - the bandage on it is half the size today, and it makes a huge difference alone. The swelling is going down today a lot as well and I'm getting full movement back in my foot too.

The swelling was bad yesterday - they actually did another ultrasound to rule out clots. Fortunately there are none - but that freaked me out a bit. :)

So I imagine I'll be back on the bike in a week I think. It cannot come soon enough! 8)

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:07 am

Sounds like yesterday was just a bad day, but as my mum always said, "a good night's sleep will fix it!!". Ok...it's taken a few nights, but she was right in the end!! Glad the corner has been turned :)

rabobank89

Postby rabobank89 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:39 pm

Hope you heal well g-boaf... I for one understand the notion of giving up cycling...

My experience was slightly worse with a young silly P plater in a car so I was hurt a little more, but I have been recovering everyday and now back on the bike and riding..

Yes there is a risk in riding, however with more caution and alertness you can prevent many incidents but at the end of the day not every factor can be controlled.

You only live once, enjoy what makes you happy even if you come close to being killed :lol:

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Should be back on the bike soon now - leg is now healing well and all the swelling is going down nicely. It is looking good now and I'm walking without pain. I've got a lot of riding to do if I want to catch up with my target for the year! :D

Rabobank89: hope things work out okay for you and the insurance stuff doesn't get too nasty. Really unfortunate reading about that. Seems very unfair.