Considerate Motorists! 2013

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Considerate Motorists! 2013

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Big happy wave to the lady in the Landy who hung back and gave me room to get out of the bikelane into heavy traffic at a crowded Gap Rd roundabout this morning :D Unlike the towie that floored it to stop halfway past me in the queue. :|
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

by BNA » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:38 pm

BNA

Postby bychosis » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:38 pm

This afternoon I was driving at school times. Up ahead I saw a school kid on a bike, riding reasonably slowly in a section that, for me, is too narrow. It's dual 2 lane and the shoulder lane is a little wider than a normal lane width, but no shoulder. Tis no kids mate was riding on the narrow footpath that is immediately behind the kerb. Normally I check out what is behind me along there, then he'll for leather and claim as much lane as I'm game in a traffic gap. The car in front of me slowed to merge then changed lanes, I followed in a lane change, the car a decent gap behind me also slowed, then changed lanes.

I wonder if the same cars would have lane changed, or shaved a 'Lycra warrior'. I'm going to get me a school uniform for my next on road ride
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.
bychosis

Postby TraceyG » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:05 pm

So many pleasant drivers on my commute home tonight - nice wide passing, patience and even a couple of nice, positive calls from motorists.
TraceyG

Postby trailgumby » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Not a motorist but a resident. First house on the left I think on Battle Boulevarde on the climb from Spit Bridge was a mid-thirties guy carefully and thoroughly sweeping tiny glass fragments off the road. Made eye contact and said "Thanks mate, *really* appreciate it :D "
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
trailgumby

Postby nezumi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:53 pm

A big thank you and thumbs up to the green P plater in the black BMW 1 series convertible, who let me get ahead on Johnston St when crossing Brunswick St.

He was in the left hand lane, stuck behind people turning left. I took the right hand lane and had another P plater in a ute try and make a right hand trun across me. The ute driver stopped short and I managed to keep going through the gap, but then had the BMW on my left about 5m behind. I did a head check, threw a signal out, checked again and changed lanes, then gestured for him to pass if he wished. All very congenial.

I caught him up at the lights, tapped on the window and gave a thumbs up and a thank you. :)
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4

I am a Merida Ambassador - ask me why I love them enough to volunteer for this! :)
nezumi

Postby Tomca74 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:22 pm

again today I had a Rogers Transport Semi act in a civilised and courteous manner. These guys are making a habit of being patient and driving safely around Rocklea. One more time and I might even contact the company!
Tomca74

Previous

Return to General discussion