Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 3489
- Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:39 pm
Anyone know who?
it really is a very poor sprint and I'd like to know how he got it so wrong. Bike broke, or hit lane paint, perhaps.
- Posts: 3056
- Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:54 pm
Looks like a messy paceline with too much aggression/surging on a turn at the front anyway, which the ride leader should be discouraging given the traffic conditions/location. Some parts of a training ride should be treated as a commute if thats what the traffic dictates.
- Posts: 748
- Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:54 pm
Don't know him or the area but those two guys immediately adjacent particularly the guy on his left did well not to collide with him or the bike.
- Posts: 15451
- Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
- Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!
Also he could of done the same thing if he was riding on his own and it would've just been a guy accelerating to catch a green light... after a nice little tow on the truck.
I am sure his friends went back as quick as they could... the last thing you do is jam on your brakes in a situation like that, just takes out more riders behind you.
- Posts: 357
- Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:13 pm
I've done something similar albeit all by myself, the cause of mine was chain fell off the big ring.
- Posts: 1337
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:45 pm
- Location: New Farm, Brisbane
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.