- Posts: 253
- Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:52 am
(found off another forum i frequent)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... BJ7GB1I280
Footage shows cyclist in what appears to be hi-vis gear.
ute opens door, cyclist gets knocked off.
Happened in Marine Parade Cottesloe WA 6011, Australia
7th of Feburary 2013
Anyone have any info on this incident?
- Posts: 12268
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:30 pm
- Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney
Far out :O :O :O
- foo on patrol
- Posts: 5981
- Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 am
- Location: Sanstone Point QLD
- Posts: 2174
- Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:50 pm
If there had been a car following, he'd probably be dead.
Probably worth sending this footage to the Victorian road safety authorities (given the James Cross case). Might give them more ammunition to beef up the penalties a bit.
- il padrone
- Posts: 22931
- Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:57 pm
- Location: Heading for home.
Not a nice thing to have happen at all
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."
- Posts: 17153
- Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
- Location: Sydney AU
I have seen many years ago how far an off balanced rider can end up. On a bunch ride, a rider in the breakdown lane hit an cat eye or similar and was "thrown" across two wide traffic lanes and finally came to a stop on grassed median strip. Had there been a car or two at 80km/h, all would have been history.
Ride defensive and stay in control.
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
- Posts: 703
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:08 pm
The police should get a copy of this video, to include in the accident report which will likely have been filed. Might be worth ringing around local hospitals as well, to get this video to the cyclist,
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:33 pm
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:46 pm
- Location: Gold Coast QLD
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.