Cyclists Threaten timid little man in LandCruiser...

jasonc

Re: Cyclists Threaten timid little man in LandCruiser...

Postby jasonc » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:56 pm

il padrone wrote:
jasonc wrote:I saw their points of discussion to be very pro-cycling. I did not see balance. I agree, there are many occasions when myself and my fellow cyclists have being terrorised/injured and this is not on.
I saw their discussion as being very pro-legal responsibility, and pro-respect for other road-users. I don't regard this as being either pro-cycling or pro-motorist. In the topic of the discussion they were looking at cyclists' treatment on the roads, so this of course focused on legal obligations and "rights" of cyclists.
yep. agree wit that

Xplora

Re: Cyclists Threaten timid little man in LandCruiser...

Postby Xplora » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 pm

It's funny, I didn't think neoppg or the professional cyclist came out against poor motorist behaviour anywhere NEAR as hard as they could, or perhaps should. It would be fair to say that 99 cars pass them without issue, but they want the remaining 1% drawn and quartered, and if that's not available then they want the most extreme punishment available to the courts. :mrgreen:

The morning couldn't be described as procyclist. It was simply "cyclist aware" and it got some of the facts wrong anyway. (It IS QLD specific info though) I am in favour of H909's comments. We don't want special treatment, we just want sensible treatment just like you'd give your mum and granny. Our road culture is pathetic. We shouldn't even need to say that being a psycho behind the wheel is unacceptable. EVERY OTHER SPHERE OF LIFE OUTSIDE PROFESSIONAL SPORT IS THE SAME.