Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:43 pm
- Posts: 2314
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am
- Location: Shoalhaven. NSW
- Posts: 9504
- Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
- Location: Brisbane
norbs wrote:warthog1 wrote:Make sure you get a SRAM 28-11 for its closer spacing between cogs.
That is a good tip. I am on my 3rd 11-28 and might look at the SRAM next time.
someone mentioned noisier. how much noisier would the SRAM be? I do like the idea of 22-25-28 spacing
- Posts: 478
- Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:47 am
- Location: Ballajura, Western Australia
- Posts: 6996
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm
norbs wrote:How does it go with Shimano chains?
Noise isn't that much of a concern for me.
Goes fine with ultegra 6600 and 6700 chains. I reckon it picks up the chain a bit better than a shimano cluster when shifting to an easier gear. No difference noise wise with the pg1050 ones I've been using.
- Posts: 3063
- Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:47 pm
- Location: Mackay, QLD
Arlberg wrote:Hi there, just wondering if I can swap/interchange an Ultegra 12-25 cassette for an Ultegra 11-28 cassette without having to make any adjustments to the chain, chain length, rear derailleur etc? Rear derailleur and other drivetrain parts are Shimano Ultegra Di2 if it makes any difference. I have one set of wheels with the 12-25 and I am about to get another with an 11-28 (for climbing) and want to be able to swap the wheels over quickly and easily when required.
Set a new chain up with the 28 and it'll definitely be okay.
Will it work with the chain you've got without any issues? Depends how short the chain has been cut, without seeing it one could only guess.
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users