Clothing For The Larger Gentleman...

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Clothing For The Larger Gentleman...

Postby Panz05 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi,

I am struggling to find cycling clothes for the larger gentleman. I need a XXXL but looking in the local bike stores and the usual places online (eBay, Chain Reaction, Wiggle, Cell, Cycling Express, Torpedo7, Evans etc), I am struggling to find anyone that stocks XXXL.

Either they don't make too many cycling clothes in XXXL or everyone is big boned like me and they have simply run out of stock. :-)

I did however come across these two site and wanted to see if anyone has purchased items from these sites.

http://www.cheap-cycling.com/

http://www.cyclingjerseyclub.com/

They seem to be the only ones that have XXXL for all items. I am guessing that they are all "original" copies, but since I cant find anything elsewhere in my size, it is sort of the last resort for me.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Lapierre FDJ Di2

Panz05

by BNA » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:15 pm

BNA

Re: Clothing For The Larger Gentleman...

Postby RonK » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:15 pm

No, I haven't used those sites. Yes, they are fakes.

But I have used Prendas Ciclismo, who do have a good range in large sizes (up to 7XL) on legitimate gear and offer great service and prices.

You can enter your personal measurements on the checkout page so they can confirm the sizing you have selected is appropriate.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
RonK

Postby Panz05 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:30 am

Thanks RonK, this is brilliant.

I have had a look and they are reasonably priced.
Lapierre FDJ Di2

Panz05

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:19 am

I gave away all of my 3xl cycling clothes to a forum member sometime last year, but I got most of them from Aust. Bicycle Clothing. They don't have everything in bigger sizes, but they have quite a lot. Check out the size guides at http://www.abcoutlets.com.au/shop/sizing

You can, however, just wear what you can get and let it hang out like every other big bloke does. It all comes down to the engine anyway. Remember, in a race with a skinny guy, he can never win. If he beats you, he only beat a fat bloke, but if you beat him, he got beaten by a fat bloke.

Also, keep riding and you'll be in xl soon enough.
bigfriendlyvegan

Postby Jimbobtwoshoes » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:22 am

Im a pretty big fellow, height and width 204cm and 158kg and I have found the gear from Aerotech to be pretty good they have pretty much anything you will need.
Jimbobtwoshoes

Postby frodo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:01 pm

Also check what "fit" the styling is. Don't get race fit. Im 185 cm and 120 kg - I have found american brands are a better fit
Trek Domane 4.5
Giant TCR 1
frodo

Postby pacra » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:11 pm

I am 179cm and 100 +/- 5 kg (goes up and down). I can only get 2XL max anywhere. 2XL in BBB, Uno and Nalini just fit.

I suspect that asian garment manufacturers use a model where humans are never more than 170cm with narrow short chests and small shoulders and want clothing to be cling tight.
pacra

Postby russellgarrard » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:43 pm

If you want me to give you a few gook up's, let me know. One supplier I have does XXXL for $9.50, another one has just come online for $7, the quality is definately worth the price and a bit more. It ain't $100 gear, but it ain't cheap and nasty!
russellgarrard

Return to General discussion