Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 1358
- Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm
I've been running cheap fake Oakleys (Radar paths) for some time, and recently pulled the trigger on a legit set of photochromic ones.
Up until now I've mounted my sunglasses on my helmet when I'm not using them. I didn't care that much as the sunglasses were worth $30.
But now that I've invested a considerable amount into my shades, I'm a little worried that mounting them on my helmet will 'stretch' the frames and hinges.
What's everyone's experience and preference?
- Posts: 1390
- Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 11:01 am
- Location: Snug, Tasmania
- Posts: 399
- Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Kirrawee, Sydney, NSW
Sometimes I put them the arms inserted into my helmet (glasses upsidedown) and haven't noticed an issue with the arms bending.
I wear Oakley Jawbones.
- Posts: 275
- Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:52 am
- Posts: 3959
- Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:18 pm
- Location: Denistone, NSW
- Posts: 845
- Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:33 pm
- Mulger bill
- Super Mod
- Posts: 28906
- Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
- Location: Sunbury Vic
bigfriendlyvegan wrote:rangersac wrote:The rear pockets of your cycling jersey are your friend if you a) don't wear a backpack, and b) wear a cycling jersey!
But then other people won't know you've got Oakleys.
You mean they don't throw a couple of "discreet" hemlet sized logo stickers into the pack?
London Boy 29/12/2011
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.