Cycle from Sydney to .. Darwin?

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Cycle from Sydney to .. Darwin?

Postby blossommcgill » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:38 pm

I'd really love to do something adventurous seeing as no one i know would be willing to do it with me. How much training would i need? (I'm not fit, not over weight either) How much would it cost a day if anyone has had any previous experience with something like this, did you camp out or did you rent a room out every night? A friend of mine recently finished a 6 day ride to QLD from SYD with no training at all (i'm jealous!) She had a team of people to go with her, all expenses paid for. It would be great to set a goal for perhaps the end of the year to ride to darwin (doesn't have to be here, just far away so it actually feels like a journey) with a group of people off this forum maybe? if anyone is keen? I don't know, just putting some ideas out there.

This is my first post!

My name is Blossom, i'm 20 years old from Sydney. :D
blossommcgill

by BNA » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:03 am

BNA

Re: Cycle from Sydney to .. Darwin?

Postby djw47 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:03 am

I'd love to do a road trip on my bike but not sure cycling through the desert is something that appeals!
djw47

Postby rjk » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:05 am

Hi Blossom,

Check out crazy guy on a bike web site, lots of adveture cyclists there, it also shows a list of the type of equipment required

www.cgoab.com
Boardman CX pro now the commuter, Salsa Casseroll, Trek Domane
rjk

Postby Addictr3 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:59 am

blossommcgill wrote:I'd really love to do something adventurous seeing as no one i know would be willing to do it with me. How much training would i need? (I'm not fit, not over weight either) How much would it cost a day if anyone has had any previous experience with something like this, did you camp out or did you rent a room out every night? A friend of mine recently finished a 6 day ride to QLD from SYD with no training at all (i'm jealous!) She had a team of people to go with her, all expenses paid for. It would be great to set a goal for perhaps the end of the year to ride to darwin (doesn't have to be here, just far away so it actually feels like a journey) with a group of people off this forum maybe? if anyone is keen? I don't know, just putting some ideas out there.

This is my first post!

My name is Blossom, i'm 20 years old from Sydney. :D

Welcome, I've done a few big rides, Sydney to Queensland, Sydney to Canberra with another member on here (good bloke too) and it requires not a lot of training but just good training, I ride anywhere to 500-700km a week but I try make the rides count, weekends usually around 100-200km both days but slow.

I'd be keen to try Sydney to Perth or Darwin. maybe we can go via Queensland? I dunno the route now but with some research we can get something going.

I'm 25 from Sydney too.
If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough.
Addictr3

Return to General discussion