2nd hand K-mart bike for 133% more than new

jasonc

Re: 2nd hand K-mart bike for 133% more than new

Postby jasonc » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:07 pm

ausbike - do you understand the difference between a comma and a period?

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Are they free range caged eggs?
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:06 pm

But the cages have been removed carefully and the eggs re photographed as variable ultra free ranges eggs.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

GeoffInBrisbane

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Speed up technology means they fry quicker. Unfortunately it also means they go off quicker, but it's a price you have to pay for such speedy fryups. They are popular in Europe and increasingly with smart local breakfasters.
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.

FuzzyDropbear

Postby FuzzyDropbear » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 pm

ausbike wrote:Agree, who would have any interest when the truth comes out anyway: it's a bogus analogy from the starting post - a victim found out TTar's "better offer" is not available at the price advertised in the first post, in fact, it's not available at any price on any day, end of the story.
Where in the first post does it say there's a better offer? He rightly points out it's in the shop for $150 rather than the $350 you muppets are selling them for. The 'better offer' also does exist depending on who you talk to. I assembled a mates K-mart bike for the measly price of nothing, well I even bought over the 6-pack... Even if I were to charge, there's no way I could justify to myself the markup that you muppets have on the item.
ausbike wrote: For those who got a bit jealous about the attention TTar is getting, try start your own topic instead of being blind followers. TTar asked you not to take the bogus analogy as "advice" anymore, one credit point was given to TTar for the courage to clarify that, none for blind followers.
Better to be a 'blind follower' than a low-life scammer selling an item for something it isn't (still waiting for you to show evidence of all of the claimed features which make it a high end bike). That also gives TTar an infinitely higher credit rating than you who hasn't provided any evidence to support your claims. How about sending me (or the admin) a message with the phone number or contact details of the 'victim', who would surely be willing to discuss their 'victimisation' in this matter.
ausbike wrote: Yes, there is good offers, bad offers out there, good for you may not be good for someone else, an egg in farm is not an egg in DJ looking similar or not, may even be the same egg, the communists may think DJ is a ripoff, same thing, different prices, oh gosh, the whole world is full of evil capitalists, but how things worked out for them, like you, i bought things later regreted, but it was still the best for me at that time, if I have unlimited time to wait like the blind followers, I would probably get all these things for free from my mates who own farms and shops somewhere in the country and overseas.
Ah, now it's all clear, we're actually talking about communist eggs... Geez mate, get your story straight will ya!
ausbike wrote: I don't usually like forum moderators take side, but I understand the forum moderator took an unusual step, it might be good for stopping people circling around a bogus analogy, it's advised from early on to leave purchase decisions and choices to shoppers, spam other site because you heard something here? not a good idea, it's trackable, I heard people never bought anything from the selling site went there to make reports, give me a break, I like choices, I don't like some idiots go behind the scene to filter out what they don't like, we all know you want to kill off the competition, but I like to make my own choice, guess who doesn't want choices, the monopoly.
*sigh* how about providing proof that the bike in question, isn't from k-mart and does contain all the high tech upgrades (that don't exist on the component manufacturers catalogs) you claim it has? You can't because you're selling a bogus item and you are the one who's made all the bogus claims.

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:44 pm

GeoffInBrisbane wrote:Speed up technology means they fry quicker. Unfortunately it also means they go off quicker, but it's a price you have to pay for such speedy fryups. They are popular in Europe and increasingly with smart local breakfasters.
LMAO

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:00 pm

I nominate this thread as 'thread of the year'. It's too funny.
<removed by request>

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:11 pm

So what is it exactly that makes me a blind follower Jenny? Is it because I ask questions that you either cant or wont answer, or is it that I point our the inaccuracy of your allegations against the OP? Please tell me, or I might start losing sleep over it??
shimomo wrote:I don't usually like forum moderators take side, but I understand the forum moderator took an unusual step
On a serious note, I will point out to you that the moderators here are volunteers, and work on the principle of being members first & moderators second. It was the admin that took the step of allowing your post, who is the site owner. There is a difference, although with your international forum experience you probably dont need me to point that out, right?

FWIW, If we post as moderators in this thread (or anywhere else on the boards) you will be able to tell pretty easily as it will be in this coloured text
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

TMjpn

Postby TMjpn » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:14 pm

ausbike wrote:Yes, there is good offers, bad offers out there, good for you may not be good for someone else..
I under-estimated you Jennay and I apologise - clearly I should have seen earlier that you are the Confucius of bicycle sales.

We are blessed with your presence.

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:15 pm

It's certainly been fun. I'd usually be against a thread where a lot of people poke fun at an individual, but in this case breaking all our eggs into one frypan doesn't feel unethical...

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:21 pm

All I really want to know is if the eggs come with bacon.

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:29 pm

lobstermash wrote:It's certainly been fun. I'd usually be against a thread where a lot of people poke fun at an individual, but in this case breaking all our eggs into one frypan doesn't feel unethical...
And they cooked so quickly, like the professionals use.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:32 pm

InTheWoods wrote:All I really want to know is if the eggs come with bacon.
Did someone mention.... BACON???

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:33 pm

The 2nd Womble wrote:
lobstermash wrote:It's certainly been fun. I'd usually be against a thread where a lot of people poke fun at an individual, but in this case breaking all our eggs into one frypan doesn't feel unethical...
Mine cook quickly because tefal frypan I use. I got from Target but is Tefal so its the same as use Jamie Oliver professional.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Would they be super fast, free range, free farm eggs or overpriced, false analogy, logical fallacy DJ lol eggs?
<removed by request>

TMjpn

Postby TMjpn » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Break down of the component "value-adding" for the technologically inept:

"Shimáno's renown multi-speed technology" - Shimáno knows that the typical cyclist cannot travel endlessly at constant velocity as though in a vaccum condition; thus why they have spent years developing M-STech. By utilising high strength light pulses eminating from behind the bicycle, M-S Tech effectively nullifys the effect of airpressure ahead of the rider to produce a personal vaccum pocket which minimises drag.

"Speed road wheels" - Speed is the wheel subsidiary of Shimáno, as such it benefits from several years of real world R&D from years of scientific whaling. Speed Wire Spoke Tech - Or SWST (Active) shares similar wire strands to the cables used to haul Minky carcasses aboard in the treachous conditions of the Southern ocean. Superior strength and dynamics in true real world conditions - notably in high surging white water or whilst under water cannon attack from Greenpeace.

"high energy black-red colour scheme" - Otherwise Known as "HE-BlarCSh". This system only works in conjunction with M-S Tech. In place of a battery ala Di2 or EPS, the battery for M-S Tech is the frame paint itself. By utilising nuclear (red) and solar (Black) special energy collecting/storing paint and using the frame as a conductor to power the system. It will take years for the Japs and Italians to get to this level of technology. Notable side-effect include loss of fertility - and possible cancers in the lower torso areas.

Source: I've read enough BikeRadar to know my stuff.

FuzzyDropbear

Postby FuzzyDropbear » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:53 pm

im_no_pro wrote:
The 2nd Womble wrote:
Mine cook quickly because tefal frypan I use. I got from Target but is Tefal so its the same as use Jamie Oliver professional.
Ah wow, you got one of those too? Did yours come with the professional glass encapsulation and heat retention device which promotes speedy cooking? ie. a lid? I didn't pay for the upmarket model so mine lacks such technologies, so my cooking is variable speeds but alas, it is not ultra-fast, nor contains anything as cool as aviation gauges or touch shifting technologies. :(

TTar

Postby TTar » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:06 pm

One matter I've neglected to attend to in the disaster zone this thread has become is comrade ausbike's repeated imputation that I'm somehow "promoting" K-mart.

Whatever one may think of K-mart and similar stores, you'd have to be a little unhinged to believe they have an agent [me] flushing out swindlers who "de-brand' and sell their bikes at unethically inflated prices on Gumtree.

Just because ausbike has such a sparkling and endearing personality, I'm going to all the trouble of "promoting" a bike currently offered for sale on Gumtree that is exactly the same as the one in my first post, to prove I'm not an undercover K-mart agent:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/goonella ... 1023690593

You'll note the "Southern Star" stickers haven't been removed and the photography isn't the most dazzling, but it is the same bike, isn't it, ausbike?

You may take some solace from this seller's description though;

" Hi

I got this bike from Kmart for $ 200 but I used it for one week only.

Bike($120) + lock ($10) = $130
"

Actually, you can take solace from two things, 1) the prosaic writing (nowhere near your league) and 2) the fact the seller says they paid $200 for it; which is more than the $150 cited here by me and another poster who even included a link to K-mart's website which displays this very same bike, still available, for $149.

But the point is, this seller is honest enough to describe this bike and its provenance truthfully and price it accordingly.

I don't expect you to appreciate why any of that matters, though, ausbike.
Sent from my fortified compound

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Fuzzy, you need to work on your grammar, your sentences almost makes sense. im_no_pro however has it nailed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anything you can do, I can do slower

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:12 pm

This just gets worse. You expect us to believe its worth stealing :shock:

newie

Postby newie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:56 pm

This really is the thread that just keeps on giving.

Hey, does anyone else think the bike looks a lot like the one on the add that is currently playing on SBS. The annoying one with the two guys riding along with one of them doing stupid tricks that would even be beyond Peter Sagan. I think it is selling insurance or accountants or something.

gorilla monsoon

Postby gorilla monsoon » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:03 pm

I just want eggs. :cry:
Not my circus, not my monkeys

K2

Postby K2 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:06 pm

...or
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/macgrego ... 1023689393

I think I'm converted. These things clearly hold their value very well.

There was another dodgy ad up this morning...and gone within a couple of hours. Good work folks.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:19 pm

newie wrote:This really is the thread that just keeps on giving.

Hey, does anyone else think the bike looks a lot like the one on the add that is currently playing on SBS. The annoying one with the two guys riding along with one of them doing stupid tricks that would even be beyond Peter Sagan. I think it is selling insurance or accountants or something.
H&R block ad. same bike yes

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:23 pm

In other news, apparently the US is under fire for it's policy of the tapping of phones and monitoring of FB accounts of it's citizens by subcontracted undercover K Mart agents as it's own agencies struggle to operate within ever tightening budgetary constraints. They ride these very bikes BTW, rather than contributing to Government fleet costs. I think they're rebranded as Khevrolets in North America.