spin bike vs spare bike on a mag trainer

open topic, for anything cycling related.

spin bike vs spare bike on a mag trainer

Postby RRalphy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:45 pm

Looking for some opinions on whether I should get a spin bike for indoor training as my current setup on the mag trainer is too noisey to have in the house. I have it setup in the garage but get bored just looking at a brick wall with only music to keep me distracted so I rarely use it. I have some friends that work for a sports store and they could get me a pretty good quality spin bike for $300-400 which I could set up in the living room infront of the TV which I imagine I would use more often.

What are people's thoughts on this? (I could sell the spare bike and make back the cost of the spin bike as I never use the spare)
Does anyone have a spin bike / use one at the gym, how do they find it for training? are they noisy?

Cheers for the help, enjoy the sunny (at least in sydney) weekend
RRalphy

by BNA » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:54 pm

BNA

Re: spin bike vs spare bike on a mag trainer

Postby zero » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:54 pm

(a) ride the spare bike outdoors like its designer intended
(b) get a cheap television and put that in front of your brick wall.
zero

Postby RRalphy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:45 pm

a) spare bike is a clunker and if I was riding anything out doors it would be my proper bike (this option is more for when its a week night after work or when its raining too much on the weekends)
b) no option to put a tv in the garage as its a shared garage in a block of units (no reception and it might go for a walk)

thanks though
RRalphy

Postby im_no_pro » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Spend the dosh on a decent trainer. Sell old trainer. Continue to ride spare bike on new trainer. Do so inside where its a) closer to the TV b) warmer and c) closer to the fridge. Continue to still have a spare bike in the event your main bike has an issue. Avoid having to find somewhere to put a spin bike when its not in use. Sit down. Consume beverage of choice. Celebrate your achievement.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Return to General discussion