Big reward for froome

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Big reward for froome

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:58 pm

ldrcycles wrote:Only just OT but, I think knighthoods are perhaps given just a bit too freely these days, it's diluting the importance of it a bit. Sure Wiggo has achieved a lot and not to take anything away from that but should that be enough to be called a Sir? Surely an OBE or MBE is sufficient, and the knighthoods can be reserved for those who have made a truly exceptional contribution to society.

You don't think being the first Brit TdF yellow is enough to earn a good hard dubbing from Her Maj?

Neither do I.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

by BNA » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:22 am

BNA

Postby gorilla monsoon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:22 am

Nah. But the Brits don't have a lot of real heros these days, do they?
Some days you are a big, strutting rooster, some days you are a bit chicken and some days you are just a complete cocque. Roger Ramjet: 2009 Giant CRX3 Spockette: 2009 Trek FX 7.3 (WSD, property of Mrs Monsoon) Lady Penelope: 2011 Avanti Cadent 1.0 TdF
gorilla monsoon

Postby Thrilloilogy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:45 pm

I never really liked Wiggins or team sky for that matter. Just read that Wiggo only recently paid Froome his TdF bonus. I feel justified in not liking Wiggo now.

I wish Froome completed his attack on Wiggo on that famous day in the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thrilloilogy

Previous

Return to General discussion