Is there such a thing as weight limits to carbon road bikes

human909

Re: Is there such a thing as weight limits to carbon road bi

Postby human909 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:35 pm

I'll happily have a rational scientific debate with a willing and able participant.

But when it comes to my personal preference. I like the aluminium noodles. But I won't say it is better or worse than your carbon, steel or Ti, frame. :wink: My frame preference has more to do with emotion rather than rigorous scientific analysis. :mrgreen:

Nobody

Steel is real!

Postby Nobody » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:40 pm

clackers wrote:So I'll let you have the last post here, and my reply if any will only be by PM.

There's a deal. :wink:
Great, now I can post. :D

warthog1 wrote:Who ever is wrong or right, it's probably not black and white anyway, we are getting pretty deep here into material properties for the normal "my steel bike is better than your carbon bike"- "you what? my carbon is better than your steel"- "you are both fools my ti is better than anything" discussion :o
We don't need deep material property discussions to know that for most current frames:
Steel is real.
Ti is real, but expensive.
Al is just a crack waiting for enough stress cycles.
C is easy to damage and goes soft eventually.

Winner - steel.
/thread. :mrgreen:

Of course, if you're a "racer" then none of the above applies. All that matters is which is the lightest and has the most bling. :P

singlespeedscott

Is there such a thing as weight limits to carbon road bikes

Postby singlespeedscott » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Nobody wrote:Of course, if you're a "racer" then none of the above applies. All that matters is which is the lightest and has the most bling. :P

As the saying goes, "Know your s##t and look good. If you don't know s##t, just look good." :lol:

warthog1

Re: Is there such a thing as weight limits to carbon road bi

Postby warthog1 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:41 pm

^^ bloody rusty old knuckle heads :x
:P