Need some hate

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Need some hate

Postby InTheWoods » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:25 pm

Can a few people post (or PM me if they're really bad) some short anti-cyclist hate messages that have appeared in the media or on facebook/twitter pages? I don't mean make up new ones, either :)

I don't need names, but I do need real quotes.

Thanks.
InTheWoods

by BNA » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:41 pm

BNA

Re: Need some hate

Postby goneriding » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Cockroaches on 2 wheels - Derryn Hinch Sunday Channel 7
goneriding

Postby SquareWheels » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Emma Way (posted to her twit account) : Definitely knocked a cyclist of his bike earlier - I have right of way he doesn't even pay road tax
SquareWheels

Postby trailgumby » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:33 pm

"Cockroaches on wheels" -- Derryn Hinch
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
trailgumby

Postby HappyHumber » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:37 pm

"Cockroaches on wheels" -- Beligerent Vulture with Facial Hair
FTFY
Do you enjoy talking in circles? Love arguing over silly semantics with like minded people?
Try an online forum today!
HappyHumber

Postby Bah77 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:38 pm

https://twitter.com/CycleHatred

This account retweets "hate"
Bah77

Postby trailgumby » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:23 pm

HappyHumber wrote:
"Cockroaches on wheels" -- Beligerent Vulture with Facial Hair
FTFY

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
trailgumby

Postby marinmomma » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:44 pm

The following are off the Seven News Brisbane Facebook page when they did their story about cyclists, early August:-

Jude Burke actually I drive a 4WD that could go straight over a push bike and not really feel it and boy with some of the wonderful people and how unpredictable they are im surprised it has only been near misses
Like · 1 August at 17:06

Leticia Walker this topic has annoyed me for many many years and I can understand that cyclist want to remain fit and BUT most cyclist that I see ride in the middle of the rode and I am sorry but I will hit a cyclist if there is no room before myself in my car loaded with my family doing 100K's on the highway will run into another family packed car doing 100K's towards me...why can't politician create a permanent and separate path beside all major roads so that the cyclist and the drivers are not in each others way and safe ??? is it so hard that politician cut all their wages by 10% each and do this??? They are already paid way too much for the crap job they do, why not do something that needs to be done??

Chris Evans I try hit them with my mirror the pull up an say 'got a problem mooiitteee??' hahahaha

Ian Didd I like to see how close i can get to cyclist when I'm overtaking them

Jozef Nooyen lol you're a moron, if i have to move to overtake a cyclist who's too far right i get pissed, it wont hurt me if i run one over
Like · 2 · 2 August at 10:10

Peter Roche Pay a rego, use the money to put a cycle lane in and maintain it, around town no rego open road rego, user pay, it is a hard decision wether to crash head on into the family coming towards you in there car or run over the single cyclist that is in the middle of the road traveling at 10km on a corner in a 100km zone, what would you do, i see this weekly some times daily in the warmer months mostly tourist,

Philip McCracken Roberts Let them ride on the road. They provide great amusement when I see how close I can get. Especially when you clip them with the wing mirror.

Wons Cram Truck should have run him over

Tina Swinson They should just not be on the bloody road.. their idiots & then blaim the poor driver for hitting them. They should NOT be on the road PERIOD bloody idiots

From the Triple M Facebook Page after Marto call for rego early August...there was more hate comments looks like their lawyers probably told them to take them down, there was one comment from one driver stating he'd use his car as a bowling ball to knock down the cyclists (pins)

Shannon Gurdler Don't worry I just got a 4x4 with a 2inch lift next time cyclist ride's up mt glorious and is in the middle of the road on a blind corner I won't be held accountable for he's death

Wayno Schmitt 100 points per cyclist! Mission accepted
Lisa
marinmomma

Postby casual_cyclist » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:31 pm

marinmomma wrote:The following are off the Seven News Brisbane Facebook page when they did their story about cyclists, early August:-

Wow. Attitude much? Spelling much? That's quite a spray!
<removed by request>
casual_cyclist

Postby InTheWoods » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Thanks marinmomma that was what I wanted. I'll read some of those out while holding a picture of my kids at the inquiry...
InTheWoods

Postby briztoon » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:40 pm

InTheWoods wrote:Thanks marinmomma that was what I wanted. I'll read some of those out while holding a picture of my kids at the inquiry...

Excuse my ignorance, but what inquiry?
briztoon

Postby The 2nd Womble » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:45 pm

"I know where you live you dumb f*** (petitioners details on the 1.5m petition). You won't see it coming ***t."
"Love Lycra f****? Me and a few mates can rape that out of you. Get off the road f*****".
"You'd be worth the month I'd get in prison"

That's just since the start of May this year to me personally.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
The 2nd Womble

Postby InTheWoods » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:48 pm

briztoon wrote:
InTheWoods wrote:Thanks marinmomma that was what I wanted. I'll read some of those out while holding a picture of my kids at the inquiry...

Excuse my ignorance, but what inquiry?

Parliamentary Inquiry into Cycling Issues. Public hearing tomorrow. Over 100 submissions. See more at http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/work-o ... es/INQ-CYC
InTheWoods

Postby biker jk » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:57 pm

casual_cyclist wrote:
marinmomma wrote:The following are off the Seven News Brisbane Facebook page when they did their story about cyclists, early August:-

There seems to be a strikingly high correlation between being ignorant and anti-cyclist.
biker jk

Postby briztoon » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:02 pm

Is it open to the public? Could I walk in with my shirt off tomorrow morning.

This was actually my sisters suggestion. Unfortunately I have a mid day doctors appointment and would be unable to get in to and out of the city in time.

InTheWoods, what you need to do is print off screenshots and read these comments out. You want the full impact from these comments, you need to have the newspaper or radios website logos all over the paper, not just printed lines.
Last edited by briztoon on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
briztoon

Postby The 2nd Womble » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:04 pm

briztoon wrote:Is it open to the public? Could I walk in with my shirt off tomorrow morning.

This was actually my sisters suggestion. Unfortunately I have a mid day doctors appointment and would be able to get in to and out of the city in time.

InTheWoods, what you need to do is print off screenshots and read these comments out. You want the full impact from these comments, you need to have the newspaper or radios website logos all over the paper, not just printed lines.

The Subshine Coast hearing is open to the public and is on August 27 - Tuesday. If you're pretty banged up I say do it! Take the opportunity to show them the consequences of their inaction this far.
Maurice Blackburn will be representing SCA on the day as unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow or next week.

The 2nd Womble

Postby marinmomma » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:27 pm

casual_cyclist wrote:

Yup, the Triple M FB page was much more colourful as well, but the worst of it was taken down.
Note to self, take a screen shot of the comments next time :roll:

Many comments there about the poor grammar and spelling evident in many of the cyclist hating bogan's posts.
Lisa
marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Thanks to Big Red for posting this in the thread I started on August 1 when Ch 7 ran their story....

>>>>Gobsmacked by this comment by Harlee Rhodes - I would love to play bowling on the road! Use the cyclists as pins and the car as a bowling ball! Get in my way and a strike is wat im gonna get! My mum neally hit an old dude on a bike and without warning he swerved infront of her and she and i neally crashed into a post trying to avoid him! I have never sworn so much at a person before! A road is for cars not <censored> bikes! Get off the road and onto a bike lane or foot path!<<<<<

I couldn't find this comment on the Ch7 FB page today but thanks to Big Red for posting it in the other thread...this comment was probably the most concerning
Lisa
marinmomma

Postby The 2nd Womble » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Literally just saw this on my timeline. I don't recall seeing the story on 7 News tonight, but I'm sure there's a gold mine in the comments to this.
https://www.facebook.com/SevenNewsBrisb ... 26341593:0

The 2nd Womble

Postby Mugglechops » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:59 pm

From the local PowerFM facebook page in Nowra.

If a cyclist gets hit in Nowra and the car drives off I am giving the cops this screenshot.
Mugglechops

Postby Duck! » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Geez, there'd be good evidence for an attempted murder (or murder if the worst was to happen) charge if those ratbags actually got in an incident with a cyclist!
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.
Duck!
Expert

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed are they?
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Big_Red » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:54 am

marinmomma wrote:Thanks to Big Red for posting this in the thread I started on August 1 when Ch 7 ran their story....

>>>>Gobsmacked by this comment by Harlee Rhodes - I would love to play bowling on the road! Use the cyclists as pins and the car as a bowling ball! Get in my way and a strike is wat im gonna get! My mum neally hit an old dude on a bike and without warning he swerved infront of her and she and i neally crashed into a post trying to avoid him! I have never sworn so much at a person before! A road is for cars not <censored> bikes! Get off the road and onto a bike lane or foot path!<<<<<

I couldn't find this comment on the Ch7 FB page today but thanks to Big Red for posting it in the other thread...this comment was probably the most concerning

Lisa, I reported that comment to FB as 'containing a credible threat of violence' at the time. As a FB noob i don't know if anything gets done if reported, but a dig through his FB page indicates that he 'graduated' from Redcliffe State High School in 2011 (is boganism a subject at school these days?) so any 'bowling' he'd do would likely be in mummy or daddy's car. Just shows what a big man he is sitting behind a keyboard and putting a comment like that out there. The line i'd say to him if i ever met this miserable piece of excrement was "do you need some tweezers for next time you need to take a leak"?
Big_Red

Postby InTheWoods » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:22 am

The comment is still there. Next it can get recorded on hansard...
InTheWoods

Postby TTar » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:22 am

Big_Red wrote: his FB page indicates that he 'graduated' from Redcliffe State High School in 2011 (is boganism a subject at school these days?) so any 'bowling' he'd do would likely be in mummy or daddy's car.

Most of these posters are such or very immature adults with all sorts of frustrations that they relieve by making those moronic comments. But the media outlets that host that bigotry have no excuse for publishing that bile -- the lycra louts here at BNA do a better of moderating this forum than any of the big media mobs with all their resources.

Briztoon's suggestion of displaying the hosting media's logo as the comments on their site are read is a good one -- they're culpable; in many ways they "set the agenda" by giving those (obviously warped) opinions a platform. All the while making a handy little profit for themselves.

If it's too late to print up logos at least mention the media host of the comments as they're read out.

Tear 'em a new one, InTheWoods.
TTar

Next

Return to General discussion