I want a ...

you cannot be sirrus
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Re: I want a ...

Postby you cannot be sirrus » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:55 pm

I want my MTB
Kuota Kharma, Fuji Altamira and an MTB thingy.

jack11
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: I want a ...

Postby jack11 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:57 am

It would probably be faster to list the cycling related things that i dont want!

But most of all I want uni exams and assignments to be out of the way so i can spend my free time on the road instead of in the library!

westab
Posts: 1532
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Blacktown, NSW

Re: I want a ...

Postby westab » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Nice long ride with only mrs westab :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

User avatar
g-boaf
Posts: 6728
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: I want a ...

Postby g-boaf » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:44 pm

New brake calipers - 150g. However I've got other spending priorities first. After that, should be just about set. Maybe a new pair of shoes as well.

westab wrote:Nice long ride with only mrs westab :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Haha. :lol: Errr... that could be interpreted in other ways...

Parker
Posts: 1616
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:25 pm

Re: I want a ...

Postby Parker » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:58 pm

moosterbounce wrote:
Parker wrote:A bike like moo's.. it's all I want, is to be like moo...


Friends who aren't stalkers.

Friends who swim slower

westab
Posts: 1532
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Blacktown, NSW

Re: I want a ...

Postby westab » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:37 pm

g-boaf wrote:New brake calipers - 150g. However I've got other spending priorities first. After that, should be just about set. Maybe a new pair of shoes as well.

westab wrote:Nice long ride with only mrs westab :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Haha. :lol: Errr... that could be interpreted in other ways...


But shouldn't be - to clarify - Mrs Westab & bike (nice pink beach cruiser type) along with Westab on 1991 model repco superlite riding along at about 15-20 km/h with lunch and picnic rug in the panniers of Repco on a shared path somewhere having a chat. Stop for lunch in the shade of a nice tree on mentioned rug. Ride to the shops chain up bikes, chat some more, take in a movie, ride home at about the same speed where a friend is babysitting three rug rats. Be pestered about what we did by before mentioned rug rats till our 16th Wedding aniversary when they stop asking about this one and move on to the next. :mrgreen:
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

User avatar
hannos
Posts: 4085
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:18 am
Location: Sydney

Re: I want a ...

Postby hannos » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:56 pm

westab wrote:
g-boaf wrote:New brake calipers - 150g. However I've got other spending priorities first. After that, should be just about set. Maybe a new pair of shoes as well.

westab wrote:Nice long ride with only mrs westab :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Haha. :lol: Errr... that could be interpreted in other ways...


But shouldn't be - to clarify - Mrs Westab & bike (nice pink beach cruiser type) along with Westab on 1991 model repco superlite riding along at about 15-20 km/h with lunch and picnic rug in the panniers of Repco on a shared path somewhere having a chat. Stop for lunch in the shade of a nice tree on mentioned rug. Ride to the shops chain up bikes, chat some more, take in a movie, ride home at about the same speed where a friend is babysitting three rug rats. Be pestered about what we did by before mentioned rug rats till our 16th Wedding aniversary when they stop asking about this one and move on to the next. :mrgreen:



boring... :lol:
2010 BMC SLC01

westab
Posts: 1532
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Blacktown, NSW

Re: I want a ...

Postby westab » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:05 pm

hannos wrote:boring... :lol:


Like most of my life - especially the bits put on the interweb -

the other 2% you will have to use your imagination :wink:
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

User avatar
TonyMax
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:23 am
Location: Northside Canberra

Re: I want a ...

Postby TonyMax » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:09 pm

... pony.

Or a cushy job that I can do 2 days per week and still keep my family in a manner which we are accustomed to.

Or something pushy related I want smoother roads out in the mountains to the west of town so I can practice my climbing in better conditions.
Image

User avatar
BastardSheep
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:54 pm
Location: Sydney.
Contact:

Re: I want a ...

Postby BastardSheep » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Drop-bar bike that can fit a pannier rack & front mudguard. As much as I drool over websites and shop windows, I'm forcing myself to wait until I'm not ridiculously slow, especially on hills. Going by the spring cycle yesterday I'm more than fast enough. Going by my usual evening rides, I have a LONG way to go.
n=1 | 2006 Learsport TR3240 Hardtail

User avatar
ColinOldnCranky
Posts: 5701
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Re: I want a ...

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:13 pm

I want a clean, clear and finalised route around the Elizabeth Quay (aka "Betty's Jetty") works in Perth.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle
Image

nezumi
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Eltham, Melbourne

Re: I want a ...

Postby nezumi » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:40 pm

... well constructed network of bicycle only paths around Melbourne, three lanes wide to provide a lane each way and a consolidated passing lane.

This would make commuting much easier. :)
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

User avatar
MattyK
Posts: 1987
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:07 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: I want a ...

Postby MattyK » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:11 pm

...a set of Versa VRS-8 levers. And all the rest to convert my bike to a drop bar... (bars, stem, cables, TRP HyRd or Spyre, grip tape)

Constantheadwind
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:19 am

Re: I want a ...

Postby Constantheadwind » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:27 pm

A beard, so I could ride a recumbent.

arkle
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Bridgewater, SA

Re: I want a ...

Postby arkle » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:33 pm

I want a (titanium) 2014 Moots Vamoots DR.

Image

arkle
http://www.facebook.com/SteveHargreavesArtwork
instagram: @stevehargreavesartwork

JessicaAlba
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:40 am
Location: Cans

Re: I want a ...

Postby JessicaAlba » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:25 pm

you cannot be sirrus wrote:I want my MTB


Clearly went straight past everyone, did this!! Lol.

Felt AR/FRD, please. Not much to ask is it??

Image
Felt F2/DuraAce/FSA/DA C35s/Gatorskins

2014 Scott Addict Team Issue/DA9000/Syncros RL1.1/Zipp 404/Gatorskins

User avatar
AKO
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Re: I want a ...

Postby AKO » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:38 pm

nezumi wrote:... well constructed network of bicycle only paths around Melbourne, three lanes wide to provide a lane each way and a consolidated passing lane.

This would make commuting much easier. :)

I suppose you want them to glow in the dark too? :roll:

Oh wait.......

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/2 ... -beautiful
Giant TCR Advanced 1 (2014)
Malvern Star XCS 5.0 MTB (2012)
Malvern Star Path Racer 1 (2015)
ProLite Cuneo

User avatar
bollo
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:35 pm
Location: St Clair
Contact:

Re: I want a ...

Postby bollo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:01 pm

i have an orsome bike now that i love it has all i need , BUT if i was aloud to buy this Image i sure as hell would , not sure if it is GENUINE or not i am sure there are people on hear that can tell me it is or isn't
but i live the bike & love the colour
2013 Cube Lightning HPC SL Race
2012 Merida Scultura Evo 905

Ken Ho
Posts: 1297
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:28 pm
Location: Pikey, based on Southern Gold Coast

Re: I want a ...

Postby Ken Ho » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:08 am

marinmomma wrote:Healed collar bone and radius, strength back in my right arm ready to ride again and to have no loss of fitness....












Not wanting much really..... :roll:


Not you too ??!!??
What happened ?
You have officially become your parents.

User avatar
Ross
Posts: 4446
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: I want a ...

Postby Ross » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:24 am

Roads without gravel and general debris strewn on them or potholes and no moron motorists.

User avatar
Toolish
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Mildura, Victoria

Re: I want a ...

Postby Toolish » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 am

A right shoulder that lasts longer than 90 minutes on the bike without hurting and kids that actually sleep at night.
Image

User avatar
Ross
Posts: 4446
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: I want a ...

Postby Ross » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:05 pm

I want a Specialized Tarmac SL5 with hydraulic disc brakes and Di2

User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 28083
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: I want a ...

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Toolish wrote:A right shoulder that lasts longer than 90 minutes on the bike without hurting and kids that actually sleep at night.

Got the second but some of the first would be sweet.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

jasonc
Posts: 8330
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: I want a ...

Postby jasonc » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Ross wrote:I want a Specialized Tarmac SL5 with hydraulic disc brakes and Di2

I'll say a plus 1 to that. They can keep the roubaix with disc brakes. I want something that handles
Image

User avatar
g-boaf
Posts: 6728
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: I want a ...

Postby g-boaf » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:25 pm

nezumi wrote:... well constructed network of bicycle only paths around Melbourne, three lanes wide to provide a lane each way and a consolidated passing lane.

This would make commuting much easier. :)


That would be one for many cities. But it won't happen in mine or your lifetime.

After today, I'm thinking I've got nearly everything I want in bikes. I'm not racing (too scared of crashes, and the possibility of losing my job because of that) so I don't need anything better than what I have. And besides, the rider is too damn slow to do it any proper justice. Apart from a few fast strava segments here and there.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Johnj, schroeds, tbohlsennswssrg