Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby Derny Driver » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:18 pm

Why do people ask a question and then never repost / reply after members spend time typing up detailed answers?
Maybe they ...a) are rude b) don't like the answer they got c) forgot they started the thread?
Derny Driver
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:18 am
Location: Wollongong

by BNA » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:20 pm

BNA
 

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby Xplora » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:20 pm

d) got distracted by Friday drinks ;)
Xplora
 
Posts: 4662
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby sogood » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:21 pm

They came back, they read, they left again... Got scared off by the response.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16796
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby The 2nd Womble » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:30 pm

Where did he go?!
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
User avatar
The 2nd Womble
 
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby casual_cyclist » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Derny Driver wrote:Why do people ask a question and then never repost / reply after members spend time typing up detailed answers?
Maybe they ...a) are rude b) don't like the answer they got c) forgot they started the thread?

Maybe they are a professional internet super-troll. They do it to drum up some business for their youtube channel and/or web site. They troll so many web sites that they forget that on the forum they are almost universally dispised. :lol:

For the other ones... all of the above?
<removed by request>
User avatar
casual_cyclist
 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:41 am
Location: Kewdale

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby Derny Driver » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:46 pm

Ummmm I feel I should say something now by way of reply
Derny Driver
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:18 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby casual_cyclist » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:47 pm

Derny Driver wrote:Ummmm I feel I should say something now by way of reply

:lol:
<removed by request>
User avatar
casual_cyclist
 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:41 am
Location: Kewdale

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby KenS » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:55 pm

I think that because all threads go OT so quickley, It's not worth following up beyond reply number one or two
KenS
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:38 am

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby The 2nd Womble » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:00 pm

KenS wrote:I think that because all threads go OT so quickley, It's not worth following up beyond reply number one or two

I haven't heard your opinion on smooth Peanut Butter yet.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
User avatar
The 2nd Womble
 
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby trailgumby » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:00 pm

Because they have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. And because eating thirty bananas a day leads you to spend all your time in the smallest room in the house.

Tapatalk ... how is it supposed to be better?
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
User avatar
trailgumby
 
Posts: 9888
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby Derny Driver » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:05 pm

trailgumby wrote:... eating thirty bananas a day leads you to spend all your time in the smallest room in the house.

My uni student boarder is on the banana loading diet. Now I know why he's using a dunny roll per day. It had me baffled. I thought he was possibly a scruncher rather than a folder ...
Derny Driver
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:18 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby trailgumby » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:03 pm

Derny Driver wrote:
trailgumby wrote:... eating thirty bananas a day leads you to spend all your time in the smallest room in the house.

My uni student boarder is on the banana loading diet. Now I know why he's using a dunny roll per day. It had me baffled. I thought he was possibly a scruncher rather than a folder ...

Durianrider is your boarder? And he's a uni student? :shock:
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
User avatar
trailgumby
 
Posts: 9888
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby biker jk » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:36 pm

Alzheimer's?
User avatar
biker jk
 
Posts: 2174
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby schroeds » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Kidnapping? Malfunctioning brakes?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
I'm not so much a cyclist..more of a sit down comedian
User avatar
schroeds
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby The 2nd Womble » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:54 pm

Western Australians? 1400 of them recently disappeared.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
User avatar
The 2nd Womble
 
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby RonK » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Derny Driver wrote:Maybe they ...a) are rude b) don't like the answer they got c) forgot they started the thread?


In our modern world of the self-absorbed and self-centered, many would be blithely unaware that it's good manners to acknowledge the responses.

If they even know what manners are.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
User avatar
RonK
 
Posts: 4904
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane, Queensland

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby jasonc » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:50 pm

The 2nd Womble wrote:
KenS wrote:I think that because all threads go OT so quickley, It's not worth following up beyond reply number one or two

I haven't heard your opinion on smooth Peanut Butter yet.


green
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 5117
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby g-boaf » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:00 pm

Did something happen while I was out riding my bike on a Friday night.

Xplora wrote:d) got distracted by Friday drinks ;)


Not today. :lol:
Image
g-boaf
 
Posts: 3326
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:28 pm

sogood wrote:They came back, they read, they left again... Got scared off by the response.


I blame sogood. He comments on every thread and scares people off. Who the hell has time to make so many posts? This guy must live on the forums, or he's a dangerous stalker. Either way, it's sogood fault. /thread.
User avatar
bigfriendlyvegan
 
Posts: 2887
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: Denistone, NSW

Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby warthog1 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:57 pm

jasonc wrote:
The 2nd Womble wrote:
KenS wrote:I think that because all threads go OT so quickley, It's not worth following up beyond reply number one or two

I haven't heard your opinion on smooth Peanut Butter yet.


green


Crunchy or super crunchy.
If you must go smooth, whipped is ok I spose.
Peanut butter that is :mrgreen:
User avatar
warthog1
 
Posts: 2219
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby zozza » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:48 am

Because TimW knows where you live.
User avatar
zozza
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby sogood » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:32 am

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:
sogood wrote:They came back, they read, they left again... Got scared off by the response.

I blame sogood. He comments on every thread and scares people off. Who the hell has time to make so many posts? This guy must live on the forums, or he's a dangerous stalker. Either way, it's sogood fault. /thread.

Tell me about it! A real problem when being continuously reminded of this courtesy need to reply... :mrgreen:
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16796
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:55 am

The 2nd Womble wrote:Western Australians? 1400 of them recently disappeared.


:lol:
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 5798
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby RonK » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:00 am

ldrcycles wrote:
The 2nd Womble wrote:Western Australians? 1400 of them recently disappeared.


:lol:

Lost in the mines...:lol:
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
User avatar
RonK
 
Posts: 4904
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane, Queensland

Re: Why do people start a thread and then disappear?

Postby TimW » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:11 pm

zozza wrote:Because TimW knows where you live.



Thats it!!!! I'll be seeing you tonight Pal :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
TimW
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:37 pm
Location: Near the M7C

Next

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: birdbrain, cp123, MSNbot Media, rangersac, roonroonroon



Top Bikes & Gear
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Cell Bikes Cell Bikes AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Ebay Ebay AU
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist