New rider in Cairns

Giddyarp

New rider in Cairns

Postby Giddyarp » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:58 pm

Hi all,

After a rather confronting Dr's appointment I have decided it is time to do something to reverse years of abuse :-) I was a water truck driver for the cardiac challenge here in Cairns in 2012 (Couldn't do this year due to work) and had been toying with the idea of getting a bike and starting to ride since being involved in that event. The Dr's prognosis certainly made me think about it all a bit more seriously !!!

I havent ridden a bike without a motor for about 15 years, and never anything other than a k-mart special. After a few late nights researching and hours of checking out the local bike shops I have just bought myself a 2014 Giant Roam 2 and love it. Have been easing into it and have done about 30 km since getting it on friday.

Hope to see some of you out and about :-)

Dane

rumble11

Re: New rider in Cairns

Postby rumble11 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Gday Dane,

A good place to start for a social ride is the Cardiac Challenge training rides. They leave from the hospital on a Sunday morning. They are very social rides and have a pace to cater for all skill levels (including beginner). Give the hospital foundation a call and they will let you know where and when.

Ride safe.

Mick

Giddyarp

Postby Giddyarp » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:01 am

Mick,

Thanks for that info !!! once I have a few more rides under my belt I will come down for a ride....

Dane

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:57 am

Good onya Giddyarp, welcome to the fold. 8)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km