2 unknown hand signals

open topic, for anything cycling related.

2 unknown hand signals

Postby worzel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:10 pm

So I just returned to cycling after 30 years and discovered there are more than 3 signals these days! :D I have googled and found a number of common ones but two have left me stumped:

1. Right hand on backside, wrist against lycra with all the fingers waggled behind like a duck wagging its tail. Is it (a) I just farted, (b) you stink, (c) see ya later, (d) keep out the way [removed], (e) beware an obstacle, (f) none of the above. He had just flown past me weaving in and out of pedestrians/cyclists a bit on a busy narrow path.

2. Right hand behind back. Three smallest fingers in a fist but index finger and thumb extended in a V downwards. Kind of like "^" shape. We had just crossed a busy road and these 2 guys were ahead of me arriving and I let them go ahead of me and they gave this signal as they took off. Was he telling me they were in a group of 2 in case I was thinking of over-taking (like a long vehicle sign on a truck perhaps?)

Mod Says: As a family friendly forum, please check the rules regarding the language as we need to communicate without the langauge.
worzel

by BNA » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:41 pm

BNA

Re: 2 unknown hand signals

Postby sogood » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Why the double post? Another signal? :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=70568
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
sogood

Postby myforwik » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:18 pm

The first one sounds like someone just shaking there fingers and stretching their arm out.

The second on is probably just signaling to his hiding partner that he intends to move right, or does not want his partner moving to the right.
myforwik

Postby mitzikatzi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:35 pm

Were the signals like this Maybe a bit nsfw
Xplora wrote: Do not get cheap SPDs, your body will hurt you.

trailgumby wrote:29ers are awesome.
mitzikatzi

Return to General discussion