Road Bike Party II

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Road Bike Party II

Postby andylo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Image
andylo
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:07 am

by BNA » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:26 pm

BNA
 

Re: Road Bike Party II

Postby nezumi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:26 pm

2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4

I am a Merida Ambassador - ask me why I love them enough to volunteer for this! :)
nezumi
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Heidelberg, Melbourne

Re: Road Bike Party II

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:27 pm

Great video. Get well soon, Mr Ashton. Remember being wowed watching you at Bike95 and/or Bike96 as a kid. Inspirational guy.
Image

Just Riding Along
User avatar
GeoffInBrisbane
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Re: Road Bike Party II

Postby Marto » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Martyn Ashton's Colnago C59 Disc from Road Bike Party 2 video

Despite the absolute brutality that this bike was subjected to, the only failures are said to have been punctures along with one brake line that was pulled out as a result of a crash.


http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/article/pro-bike-martyn-ashtons-colnago-c59-disc-from-road-bike-party-2-video-39275/
Image
User avatar
Marto
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:08 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Road Bike Party II

Postby 15wilsonwu » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:48 pm

I heard that his lower body was paralysed after an accident during filming... :(
Hope he gets well soon!
I love riding, not training
User avatar
15wilsonwu
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: Road Bike Party II

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:28 pm

He is unfortunately paraplegic and wheelchair bound as a result if the accident. The video features two other riders and was different than originally plan as a result.
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8914
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Road Bike Party II

Postby Robinho » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:18 am

He suffered a fall during a demo event in September and fractured his spine. Long term prognosis is uncertain from what I've read, but atm he has no feeling below the break. The road bike party 2 vid was largely complete at the time of the accident, which wasn't part of the video or during filming, and he did bring in a couple of guys to help finish it off. What all 3 of them acheive on a road bike is incredible, I hope Martyn is able to recover some or all sensation and ride again. Road bike party the original is also as impressive imo
Image
Robinho
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Road Bike Party II

Postby 15wilsonwu » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Robinho wrote:He suffered a fall during a demo event in September and fractured his spine. Long term prognosis is uncertain from what I've read, but atm he has no feeling below the break. The road bike party 2 vid was largely complete at the time of the accident, which wasn't part of the video or during filming, and he did bring in a couple of guys to help finish it off. What all 3 of them acheive on a road bike is incredible, I hope Martyn is able to recover some or all sensation and ride again. Road bike party the original is also as impressive imo


Thanks for the info
I love riding, not training
User avatar
15wilsonwu
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: Road Bike Party II

Postby jimsheedy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Marto wrote:Martyn Ashton's Colnago C59 Disc from Road Bike Party 2 video

Despite the absolute brutality that this bike was subjected to, the only failures are said to have been punctures along with one brake line that was pulled out as a result of a crash.


http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/article/pro-bike-martyn-ashtons-colnago-c59-disc-from-road-bike-party-2-video-39275/



I'm not surprised. Those things are built like tanks. Certainly not a lot of money going into R&D.
Image
User avatar
jimsheedy
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:01 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Road Bike Party II

Postby Rhubarb » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:15 pm

AUbicycles wrote:He is unfortunately paraplegic and wheelchair bound as a result if the accident. The video features two other riders and was different than originally plan as a result.


Oh dear - that is tragic news :-(

His skills are awesome, but clearly a risky endeavour.

I hope he gets to ride again.
Rhubarb
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Road Bike Party II

Postby jimsheedy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:39 am

Image
User avatar
jimsheedy
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:01 pm
Location: Sydney


Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU



InTouch with BNA
“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter