Lower cost store for clothing

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Lower cost store for clothing

Postby nirismo » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Hey guys,

I tried looking for a thread about this but couldn't find anything. If you do however, please feel free to re-direct me! I'm currently looking for places to pick up cheaper clothing such as jerseys, bibs and socks. I really want to get a good stock of these so I'm never short. At the moment I use the Bellwether Axiom Bib and was hoping to pick up a couple more for cheaper (online) if possible. Jerseys (for training) and Socks (Tall Cut) I'm fine with any brand just cheap so I can pick up several.

So pretty much I'm just on the hunt for that one stop place to pick up GOOD but LOWER PRICED jerseys and socks.

Any help is much appreciated and thanks again!

nirismo. :D
Mavic Zxellium | Bell Volt
nirismo

by BNA » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:31 pm

BNA

Re: Lower cost store for clothing

Postby cancan64 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:31 pm

I buy cell jerseys and bibs...the jerseys are normally on special for $16.50. They have sponsors on them but for the price I am more than happy to be a mobile bill board...I otherwise I check a few of the online stores, wiggle, chain reaction and probike for more specific clothing but always buy on special and I buy enough to cover freight
cancan64

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:40 pm

+1 for Cell gear, their knicks in particular are the most comfortable I've tried at any price.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
ldrcycles

Postby nickobec » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:32 pm

You mean the cheap jersey thread which has link to the cheap short thread in the first post.

Personally I bought a bunch of cheap loud older jerseys off ebay, mainly ebay.co.uk for commuting/training

knicks was happy with the DHB ones from Wiggle (did not like the others I tried including Cell). Then I bought a pair from Castelli, what an improvement, now own three pairs from Castelli, then T7 had Assos on special, so own a pair of them. Now offically a bib snob only Castelli & Assos will do.

Do have some nice jerseys for racing & group rides. But happy with dodgy old jerseys for training and commuting. But knick wise it is only the good stuff, Castelli and Assos that gets used.
nickobec

Postby lobstermash » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:03 am

Keep your eye on Aldi catalogues. The gear they get in is pretty good. I'm a fan of the Cell knicks as well.

Just to boast, I picked up Spalding long jerseys and knicks for $8 a piece from Target last week, reduced from $69. But that was a matter of being in the right place at the right time...
Passing on your right - me, said just about never...
lobstermash

Postby nirismo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:34 am

CellBikes looks like an awesome spot. Ordered some socks just then.

When it comes to jerseys I always go for the non-logo ones. Just not that good enough to be rocking pro team jerseys, lol.
Mavic Zxellium | Bell Volt
nirismo

Return to General discussion