What did you do with your bike(s) today?

bychosis

Re: What did you do with your bike(s) today?

Postby bychosis » Tue May 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Mububban wrote:iRamp 2.0 - I shallowed out the steep departure angle, added some internal bracing for the slopes, and vajazzled it with some paint I had in the shed.
I've got spare stuff lying around, what's the best angle?

In my bike shed I have sold 3 bikes in the last week. Just flippers, nothing flash. But I'm clawing back some space!
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Tue May 16, 2017 10:30 pm

CKinnard wrote: Cool. Are the rugrats getting any 'air' yet?
Does stacking it off the side and eating dirt count as "getting air" on the way down? :D
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Tue May 16, 2017 10:33 pm

bychosis wrote:
Mububban wrote:iRamp 2.0 - I shallowed out the steep departure angle, added some internal bracing for the slopes, and vajazzled it with some paint I had in the shed.
I've got spare stuff lying around, what's the best angle?
Approach angle is 20 degrees and departure angle is 27 degrees according to the trusty iPhone. The departure side, while shorter than the approach side, is now double the length on the base than the original design (I made it as long as I could with the scraps I had left over). My son liked the big SLAM off the end of the original, but my daughter hated it, so I decided to change it to encourage her rather than have her stop completely. And before my son buckled his back wheel :)
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Wed May 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Paid for all the bits to convert the rear end of the Twinzer (steel hardtail 29er) to 142x12 thru-axle. Sliding dropouts and modular hubs really do allow for some interesting conversions...
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

IamGroot

Postby IamGroot » Fri May 19, 2017 1:55 am

New Maxxis tyre and Sunrace chain in preparation for a Cross Country competition on Sunday.

grt046

Postby grt046 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:47 am

Achieved a landmark during a pleasant ride around the Redcliffe Peninsula yesterday ..... rolled through 50,000 km since I started riding in 2010.
Giant Defy Advanced 1 (2014) Orbea Gain M20 (2021)

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Fri May 19, 2017 10:06 pm

grt046 wrote:Achieved a landmark during a pleasant ride around the Redcliffe Peninsula yesterday ..... rolled through 50,000 km since I started riding in 2010.
Great stuff grt046! Well done.

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:34 am

Start of cyclocross racing on Sunday and partner needed the car so I was stuck trying to work out how to get to the race, 120km away... so mounted a roof rack bicycle mount to the motorbike... worked a treat and legal as well

“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

Arbuckle23

Postby Arbuckle23 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:13 pm

Need a ducking for cover smiley.

Some might suggest you could have ridden your CX bike to the race :P :D

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:18 am

Arbuckle23 wrote:Need a ducking for cover smiley.

Some might suggest you could have ridden your CX bike to the race :P :D

Funny but that was suggested... and I have cycled it a few times but nice gravel route is over 200km
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:27 pm

:roll: Nothing!!!!!

Felt like a loosening cleat in the last couple of kilometres of my last ride...but post ride inspection showed I have managed (clearly ttttoooooo mmmuuuccchhh POWAH!!!! :lol:) to split my left hand carbon SWorks crank arm...and the pedal is coming out!

Bike is 14 months and 13000klm old....off to Specilaized tomorrow morning! Grrr

Patt0

Postby Patt0 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:54 pm

Been raining most of the week, so my bike didn't get the detailed clean it normally would. So today I finished the job by cleaning the spokes and hubs. Crankset looked to bit dirty on the inside of the rings so I took it offfor a clean. When I took off the left-arm little safety pin fell to the ground in four pieces. Made a new safety pin out of some piano wire, cleaned crankset and repacked secondry seals on bottom bracket. Finished off with wax lube on shifting cable guide on BB and inside the hex screws on stem that were looking a little rusty red. As I was leaving work it rained for the first 500 metres :lol: .

tcdev

Postby tcdev » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:20 pm

grt046 wrote:Achieved a landmark during a pleasant ride around the Redcliffe Peninsula yesterday ..... rolled through 50,000 km since I started riding in 2010.
Nice work! 8) My landmark pales in comparison; in January my goal was 2,000km for the year and today I hit 1,500! As a result this afternoon I've adjusted my goal to 3,000km. I started in 2014 and am yet to ride 2,000km in a calendar year (though obviously this year is looking good). I decided this morning that next year I'll aim for 3,650km!
2015 Giant XTC Advanced 29er 1 (2016 frame)
2011 Schwinn Sporterra Comp
2021 Giant Contend AR1

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:17 pm

Fixed up the toe in on the brakes, must have not set it correctly last time I swapped brakes over. Braking does feel a lot nicer now, more progressive.

Other than that, clocked up 276km this weekend.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:56 am

Rode my bike. It was good :D

Neddysmith

Postby Neddysmith » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 am

Well not today but over the weekend i did my longest ride so far.....a massive distance of 48km, hahahaha

Although it is only the 4th time i been out of my roadie as im just starting out.

But did realise it isnt shifting into the lowest gear, so will have to look into that and adjust the rear derailer im thinking.

Sirrus

Postby Sirrus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:40 pm

Neddysmith wrote:Well not today but over the weekend i did my longest ride so far.....a massive distance of 48km, hahahaha

Although it is only the 4th time i been out of my roadie as im just starting out.

But did realise it isnt shifting into the lowest gear, so will have to look into that and adjust the rear derailer im thinking.
Nice work Neddy.

I just bought myself a roadie. Second hand specialized. Spent my Sunday giving it a bit of a clean and fitted my bottle cages and under seat bag.

Battling the man flu so have only ridden it once in the 2 weeks I've had it.

gsxrboy

Postby gsxrboy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Took my old HT Rockhopper 29er out to the dirty stuff to try and remember how to ride on the slippery stuff in prep for next MTB bike. Managed to survive the ordeal and will venture out again next weekend. Back to commuting today.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Sirrus wrote:
Neddysmith wrote:Well not today but over the weekend i did my longest ride so far.....a massive distance of 48km, hahahaha

Nice work Neddy.

I just bought myself a roadie. Second hand specialized. Spent my Sunday giving it a bit of a clean and fitted my bottle cages and under seat bag.

Battling the man flu so have only ridden it once in the 2 weeks I've had it.

It has been going around- half my office has been sneezing, wheezing, coughing, sniffling, etc. And I have been crook myself.

We've just resorted to sending clearly unwell people home so they can rest up and recover quickly.

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:59 pm

fat and old wrote:Rode my bike. It was good :D
Did the opposite. Could not even bring myself to look at it after the brutal last day of the Velothon here on the Sunny Coast. And I only did the 1day ride!

Sirrus

Postby Sirrus » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:37 pm

g-boaf wrote: It has been going around- half my office has been sneezing, wheezing, coughing, sniffling, etc. And I have been crook myself.

We've just resorted to sending clearly unwell people home so they can rest up and recover quickly.
That's the best way go about it.
Unfortunately I'm a self employed tradie so no work=no money plus people think the world is going to end when their tradie needs a day off.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:26 pm

I almost hit a crack. Cracking weather for a ride.

tez001

Postby tez001 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:12 pm

Time to bin the rear tyre I think and do the rotation. It's got a total of 14,000kms out of it (about half on the front, half on the rear).

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:03 am

I've gone all technological now and received a torque set, so that means I can now be sure not to over or under tighten ma nuts. :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

BradL

Postby BradL » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:58 am

Replaced a worn chainring on the commuter with a barely used biopace chainring. I'd heard that in their intended orientation they aren't as effective as current osymmetric rings, so I rotated it to suit. Given that I don't track speed/power/cadence any comparisons are based purely on feel. Kinda smoother through the pedal stroke, and easier at lower rpm. I like it.