What did you do with your bike(s) today?

10speedsemiracer

Re: What did you do with your bike(s) today?

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:22 pm

What did I do to my bike today? Well Friday night actually. I ruined it.

Avoiding an oblivious Camry driver, I ended up horizontal. Rear derailleur contact on impact resulted in hanger thread being stripped. Surprisingly the hanger didn't bend but frame is now junk, technically. Pissed off because I'd only recently finished it (last weekend) by fitting new brakes and 8sp dt shifters.
I'm not going to make a decision on it until the ribs heal up a bit (bruising) but am a bit sad.
The bike is nothing special, a 90s Shogun Samurai but had cool wheels and everything was just right, 8sp Rx100, 5700 series 105 brakes, custom wheels, 28mm Vittorias etc.
Mmm, SunTour

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:38 pm

10speedsemiracer wrote:What did I do to my bike today? Well Friday night actually. I ruined it.

I'm not going to make a decision on it until the ribs heal up a bit (bruising) but am a bit sad.

The bike is nothing special, a 90s Shogun Samurai but had cool wheels and everything was just right, 8sp Rx100, 5700 series 105 brakes, custom wheels, 28mm Vittorias etc.

Know the sad feeling from a recent bike loss but also glad you are (relatively) unscathed.

Heal well.

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:59 pm

TheWall wrote:
Know the sad feeling from a recent bike loss but also glad you are (relatively) unscathed.

Heal well.

Thanks. Had forgotten how shabby a rib injury makes you feel.
Mmm, SunTour

Arbuckle23

Postby Arbuckle23 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:37 pm

Dropped the stem 15 mm. A long way, but that is the spacer size :)
Felt OK on a 30 km ride, longer one tomorrow to test the new position

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:08 pm

Had to get my chain replaced as I noticed it had 2 split/cracked links:

This was after a 40km ride and shifting didn't feel sloppy in any way. I'm glad I noticed it before next week's hills event.

I've only done ~4000km on this bike, is that about normal for an 11 speed chain and a low powered rider?
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Finally got around to lacing up the rear.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:50 pm

Mububban wrote:Had to get my chain replaced as I noticed it had 2 split/cracked links:

This was after a 40km ride and shifting didn't feel sloppy in any way. I'm glad I noticed it before next week's hills event.

I've only done ~4000km on this bike, is that about normal for an 11 speed chain and a low powered rider?

No it doesn't seem normal. I've not had that happen to me. I have multiple bikes on 11 speed chains (two Shimano, another KML X11SL and the last one on SRAM 11 speed) and none of them had problems. I'm not the most powerful rider out there, but I can go quickly when I want to.

Yesterday I cleaned up the cassette, chain and the pulley wheels on the RD, the bike is now running smoothly and silently again.

Recycler

Postby Recycler » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:38 pm

I started to make a boat trailer, to fit onto my Giant "Innova".
Have not finished the boat yet. :)