2014 Blayney To Bathurst, Hillclimb and Criterium

open topic, for anything cycling related.

2014 Blayney To Bathurst, Hillclimb and Criterium

Postby Tarquin » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:43 pm

Only a week away now, but it clashes with the NRS in Adelaide. Bit daft to timetable them as such, but maybe as its such a distance it won't make too much difference.

I wasn't sure about what to enter, the list of entrants for the 70km wasn't very high. The 110km I could do, but based off previous years I would want to go in the front group to avoid a crash fest or just riding on my own (which I can do for free, not $90!), With numbers being limited to 120 for the gold wave I don't know if I would make the cut or not, I would think I would be just outside.

I've been struggling with some lower back/perineum issues on rides over 3 hours so don't want to ruin myself before I go on holiday either, bike fit when I come back!

So I procrastinated and didn't enter either.

The good news is that rather than rolling road closures, this year the roads are to be closed if the news report was accurate.

I entered the Criterium on the Saturday but not the hill climb. I'm too heavy to generate a decent power to weight to have a chance at that, but might go OK in the Crit, not sure on where I am graded yet, I would guess B as I am towards the back of club A grade now.
Tarquin

by BNA » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:44 am

BNA

Re: 2014 Blayney To Bathurst, Hillclimb and Criterium

Postby Ross » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:44 am

Tarquin wrote:Only a week away now, but it clashes with the NRS in Adelaide. Bit daft to timetable them as such, but maybe as its such a distance it won't make too much difference.

Like having F1 GP om the same weekend as V8 SC...different types of races in different locations. so not really a clash at all.
Ross

Re: 2014 Blayney To Bathurst, Hillclimb and Criterium

Postby Tarquin » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Well I have been graded to race the B Crit. Not sure who does the handicapping, but of the A grade racers at our club, one is in D, two are in C and all but one of the rest are in B grade!

If this is the same for everyone it's going to make for some very mixed ability races!

I was sick as a dog Thursday and Friday. Feeling better today but not 100%, autumn blues I think as lots of people at work have been ill, have been riding well to date as well so it's a little frustrating but I'll try my best and see how I go. Just hope we don't get any more rain.
Tarquin

Return to General discussion