Brisbane North bike shop for a beginner

fergy1987

Brisbane North bike shop for a beginner

Postby fergy1987 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:46 pm

So I recently got back into cycling and am trying to increase my knowledge. So basically I spend a lot of time on here asking opinions and questions which although may seem tedious and dumb i always receive helpful responses.
My issue is when I go to a bike shop and ask questions or try and learn things about how to look after and do adjustments on my bike after they have serviced it I always feel like the guy in the shop thinks I am an idiot. The simple question about how to adjust something for it to be met with, you bring it here and we do it makes it hard to remain enthusiastic about cycling.
I get that these guys are trying to make a living and basically I'm searching for free information but I hear your stories of the relationships you have with the local bike shop and how they teach you the basics and its actually a great place to just visit and wonder what I am doing wrong.
Sure I am not showing up with a 5000 dollar bike looking to buy all the best new parts but still, think I should be treated like the rest because we all start somewhere.
Anyways, can anyone suggest a Brisbane north side bike shop where I might be able to pick up a few tips and pointers about bikes for a beginner.
End of rant! :-)

fishguy23

Re: Brisbane North bike shop for a beginner

Postby fishguy23 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:22 pm

99 bikes offer instructional classes if you're in there club. Although I dont know how they work as I've only looked at the pamphlets. But for $5 joining its probably worth looking into

Dean Learner

Postby Dean Learner » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Ridgeway cycles in Stafford are a good option. Old school bike shop that have been there for generations and I have always found them helpful and willing to assist, and best of all zero attitude. They're one of the few shops I actually enjoying giving my hard earned $$ to.
Sent from my RM-915_apac_australia_new_zealand_215 using Tapatalk

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:13 pm

Ridgeways are good. Especially if you like a chat.

dinga78

Postby dinga78 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:54 pm

Tom wallace cycles at lutwhyche