Punishment pass

TheShadow

Re: Punishment pass

Postby TheShadow » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:20 pm

That's pretty good. The best part is you were able to avoid him in the first place. The violent brake-checking seems not uncommon out there these days. Getting rammed or clipped from behind seems very rare, but much more deadly. If you'd wanted to get it all on video, wouldn't you have needed a Front camera? I can't bring myself to buy one (or two) yet.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:50 pm

Hopefully he will blab to one of his mates who punch him in the face for being a dangerous animal.

I can appreciate that some people get frustrated having to share their world with other people... But Cmon. Only the Hannibals and Milats actually want to murder people.

Trevtassie

Postby Trevtassie » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:05 am

Well, when I was in hospital last night having been punched in the face and hit over the head with a piece of pipe by some fwit who said I'd pulled out of in front of him in my van 10 days ago!!! (very distinctive van on account of the 1.3m wide bike clearance sticker across the back door), I got talking to the nice German nurse. She said the first day she got to Tassie she jumped on her bike to ride to the shops. Within 5 minutes a bogan in a ute did a punishment pass withing 15cm of her and abused her. She was like "no more bike riding in Australia for me, too dangerous"

GeoffInBrisbane

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:51 am

ft_critical wrote:Police called me today. Quite funny really... The renderer indicated that, that morning he had travelled the other direction that morning not using the roads in my report. The police asked how the rego, discription etc was such a match to him? He struggled with this for some time but then indicated that I must have had a vendetta against him from some other road rage incident??? Police gave him a solid warning which meets my expectations. They were very nice. They did say it was a shame I didn't have video otherwise they could have done more.
Does he regularly get involved in road rage incidents then? :lol: Well done for getting him a warning.
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.

rangersac

Postby rangersac » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:58 am

Trevtassie wrote:Well, when I was in hospital last night having been punched in the face and hit over the head with a piece of pipe by some fwit who said I'd pulled out of in front of him in my van 10 days ago!!! (very distinctive van on account of the 1.3m wide bike clearance sticker across the back door), I got talking to the nice German nurse. She said the first day she got to Tassie she jumped on her bike to ride to the shops. Within 5 minutes a bogan in a ute did a punishment pass withing 15cm of her and abused her. She was like "no more bike riding in Australia for me, too dangerous"
Bugger, where was this? Being a local I'm interested to know where to avoid!
De Rosa Macro | Intense Primer | Wayward Cape York | Cotic Rocket

rangersac

Postby rangersac » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:58 am

rangersac wrote:
Trevtassie wrote:Well, when I was in hospital last night having been punched in the face and hit over the head with a piece of pipe by some fwit who said I'd pulled out of in front of him in my van 10 days ago!!! (very distinctive van on account of the 1.3m wide bike clearance sticker across the back door), I got talking to the nice German nurse. She said the first day she got to Tassie she jumped on her bike to ride to the shops. Within 5 minutes a bogan in a ute did a punishment pass withing 15cm of her and abused her. She was like "no more bike riding in Australia for me, too dangerous"
Bugger, where was this? Being a local I'm interested to know where to avoid! Cops onto it?

EDIT: Just seen your explanation in the MM thread. Heal up well. At least you were in a car when it happened, as I reckon you'll probably get a better outcome in the courts than if you were on a bike given the history of the justice system on such matters down here.
De Rosa Macro | Intense Primer | Wayward Cape York | Cotic Rocket

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:00 pm

This happened a while ago. I am told by the police that an infringement was sent to this driver.

I seem to have lost the info on how to embed the video into my post. Help appreciated. :)I coppied the utube code, came back to my post and clicked on the URL box then placed the url in between the brackets. so what am I ding wrong?

Pressing the embed on utube didn't seem to work either.I will try it with out the s on the https.
http://youtu.be/zuIz3AV8ekE
Last edited by Mulger bill on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed embed
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

Scott_C

Postby Scott_C » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:13 pm

outnabike wrote:This happened a while ago. I am told by the police that an infringement was sent to this driver.

I seem to have lost the info on how to embed the video into my post. Help appreciated. :)I coppied the utube code, came back to my post and clicked on the URL box then placed the url in between the brackets. so what am I ding wrong?
Use "shareyoutube" instead of "url".

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Thanks Scott, You know I just didn't see that.... :)

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:33 pm

SMIDSI? :D

Cheers

Cameron

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:17 pm

Scott was spot on

I fixed your embed for free Outna. This time :wink:

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Kronos

Postby Kronos » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:33 am

Morons everywhere... It happened to me just yesterday that a person in a car decided to not obey the "give way to traffic in the lane you wish to enter when exiting a zip lane" in fact they sped up. They came with inches of hitting me despite me having a dedicated cycle lane :shock:

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Bi ... 53.1000356

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:33 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Scott was spot on

I fixed your embed for free Outna. This time :wink:

Shaun
Aww shucks.....You guys..... :)

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:20 pm

I have a bit of a strange question.
Have any other members tried to get inside info using Freedom of Information (OVIC)?

I intend to pursue a decision that failed to go my way in what I reckon was a fob off by the police. I want to go to the "Freedom of Information" in Victoria to get the facts on what they did in a certain decision.

I had a four video submission of close passing which they totally rejected, and though I submitted a complaint against the police they simply investigated through their own authority, IBAC. Of course they exonerated themselves as good and popper officers. I reckon is IBAC the fox in charge of the chook house.

My claim against the police was based on what they did, the way they spoke to me, and their obvious siding with the motorists concerned.
IBAC did not even ask for, or review my recording of the police action on my door in their judgment, disregarding my evidence and not even interviewing me.
Any way that is all my problem.

Cameron Frawley who died in Brisbane did it on many occasions in Qld so it has to be the way to go.
But it looks a bit complex from the internet info.
For example you can claim directly to the police through the police system, which I don’t trust….Or….

Through OVIC, which is my preference. My claim for info is going directly to IBAC as they made the ruling. For all I know OVIC might be hand in hand with IBAC on such a matter. But OVIC seems more independent.
I have downloaded the OVIC form.

nemo57

Postby nemo57 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:13 pm

Comrade
I suggest that two FOI applications are needed: one to VicPol, the other to IBAC. Don't get your hopes up too much. You'll probably find that identities are not disclosed at all, and actions only to a limited extent, especially with IBAC.
IBAC is independent of VicPol, but has relatively limited powers of investigation, despite its name.
If - or perhaps when - the responses fail to satisfy you, you're right: OVIC is your next destination