Queensland V South Australia

MountGower

Queensland V South Australia

Postby MountGower » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:06 pm

Quick, things have kicked off big time in the QLD forum. Admin, SupaMods, they're all involved and things are getting spectacularly out of hand. This is a virtual cyber blood bath, this thread. Possibly the biggest thing the forum has ever seen. Probably the biggest thing in the entire history of the internet and all it's inhabitants. Everyone needs to get down there right away and post up big time, even if you've got nothing much to say about it. Just get down there and post on. Get involved. HERE is a link that will take you right to the centre of world war three.

Quickly now, on ya bikes then.

Look out South Australia. I told you I'd be coming for you.

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:16 pm

... move along. Nothin' to see here folks ....

:)
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

hills

Postby hills » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:10 pm

Can we get a 1 paragraph summary, I'm not reading all that :?

How did SA get dragged into it?? 8)
Pain is inevitable, misery is optional!

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:36 pm

Sure. How about a one-sentence paragraph?

Someone has a different opinion to me. :)

SA got dragged in because you are just above QLD on the amount of activity in the state-based forums. Mountgower is doing his patriotic best to get the count higher .... :)

Cheers,
Graeme
---------------------

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:46 pm

Well that was a major let down :(

hills

Postby hills » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:42 pm

Kalgrm wrote:Sure. How about a one-sentence paragraph?

Someone has a different opinion to me. :)

SA got dragged in because you are just above QLD on the amount of activity in the state-based forums. Mountgower is doing his patriotic best to get the count higher .... :)

Cheers,
Graeme
Ahh I see, In SA we go for quality over quantity. Obviously a stark contrast to Brisvegas! :wink:
Pain is inevitable, misery is optional!

martinjs

Postby martinjs » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:57 am

Sod the states, I've lived in Victoria and now NSW, I have family in QLD, NSW and Victoria. Apparently even have some offshoot in TAS and WA. I consider my self first a Leetonian and secondly and Australian.

To many problems with state v state. :)

tuco

Postby tuco » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:07 am

martinjs wrote:Sod the states, I've lived in Victoria and now NSW, I have family in QLD, NSW and Victoria. Apparently even have some offshoot in TAS and WA. I consider my self first a Leetonian and secondly and Australian.

To many problems with state v state. :)
My sentiments exactly!
I've lived in 3 states.
I hate this interstate rivalry the media build up around sporting events and things like the old Melb v's Syd crap.

It's actually odd living in Townsville. When you first meet someone the first questions is where are you originally from? It seems people move here, have kids, the kids move away leaving a populace which is seemingly almost totally non local.
I think we can do better. I KNOW we can do better.

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:45 am

tuco wrote:It's actually odd living in Townsville. When you first meet someone the first questions is where are you originally from? It seems people move here, have kids, the kids move away leaving a populace which is seemingly almost totally non local.
Same deal in Kalgoorlie.

The irony of this thread is that MG felt he needed to post it in the general section of the forum, thereby losing all these potential posts from the QLD forum .... :)

Cheers,
Graeme
---------------------

tuco

Postby tuco » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:16 am

When I'm in power Aust will have uniform road rules, shopping hours will be the same in all states and daylight savings will be in all states (they'll get a few replies :wink: )

I still can't believe QLD don't allow alcohol to be sold in super markets (apparently the mothering QLD rulers don't think QLDers are responsible adults) Not that I'm a alco head but I found it strange when I came up here 20 years ago that it wasn't for sale and I remember Safeway stores selling it when I was a kid, not to me, but I remember seeing it in supermarkets.
We only got sunday trading last year and I remember 24 hour trading else where about 20 years ago.

Most Qlder drivers will NOT move into an intersection if turning right with no green arrow. I sat behind a stupid person doing that for 3 sets of lights before they felt it was 'safe' to go. I wasn't the only one beeping - no wonder people resort to road rage! I keep thinking I must check if that's a QLD rule or not but I keep forgetting. When I left Vic you could U turn anytime unless a sign stated no U turn. In QLD it's the opposite. You can't U turn unless a sign states you can. Surely it's not too hard to get uniform road rules in one country!

And daylight savings, I'll just say they're 100 years behind the rest of the world in that regard. I'd love to go for a long ride after work but it gets dark very early in the tropics in summer.

What else can we make uniform when oil runs out and us cyclists take control?

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:29 am

tuco wrote:....
I still can't believe QLD don't allow alcohol to be sold in super markets ..
Think it is the same here in SA :roll:

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:38 am

The worst thing about Queensland is that it is full of maoning old bags in bloke costumes that just never stop !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! on from the minute they get here until the minute they put us out of our misery and die.

It's really quite impossible to feel sorry for someone who is too lazy to get out of bed and ride their bike in the morning, which is without doubt, the best time of the day. At the end of the day (excuse the pun), how much lazier are they feeling after a days work and how likely was the ride ever at any time of the day?

tuco

Postby tuco » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:25 pm

QLD does have good points - the bloody weather is soooo much warmer and when visiting NSW and Vic I feel like I'm being watched every minute I'm on the road.

I think it would scare some people if they knew how many times they appear on camera in an average day. I worked it out one day that if I buy petrol at the woolworths servo and then drive to an other shopping centre, walk through to the supermarket to buy some food for lunch then I'd be seen by 17 cameras and that's not including the supermarket cameras and the cameras at intersections between the servo and the shopping centre.

Jean

Postby Jean » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:12 pm

MountGower wrote: It's really quite impossible to feel sorry for someone who is too lazy to get out of bed and ride their bike in the morning, which is without doubt, the best time of the day. At the end of the day (excuse the pun), how much lazier are they feeling after a days work and how likely was the ride ever at any time of the day?
I started my riding in Brisbane and as part of that I HAVE to ride in early morning - otherwise I just won't do it. The problem is I now live in Canberra which means it is not just winter when I have to ride in the dark (and cold now too), but I have to do it summer too because of daylight-bloody-saving.

(Minority opinion I know, but strongly held and strengthened by the dramas of trying to get my toddler son to go to bed in summer when it's still blazing daylight - bloody stupid system).

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:26 pm

Onya, Jean. See you when you get back.