The Clothing Thread. Show us your kit.

ItsDank

The Clothing Thread. Show us your kit.

Postby ItsDank » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:53 pm

I recently bit the bullet and bought a fairly expensive Cuore Jersey top for November's "Gran Fondo". The quality is so good, I'll be looking at getting more and more expensive bits of kit.

Medium fits me like a glove, especially around my shoulders.

The waterproof phone pocket and internal headphone cabling is ingenious as well :)

Share your latest bit of kit and where you got it!

nezumi

Re: The Clothing Thread. Show us your kit.

Postby nezumi » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Cuore kit you say? http://www.bicycles.net.au/2015-premium ... pre-order/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

ItsDank

Postby ItsDank » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:16 pm

nezumi wrote:Cuore kit you say? http://www.bicycles.net.au/2015-premium ... pre-order/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was looking at that but the boat had already sailed. I'm pretty impressed with the attention to detail with the Curore kit from the shoulder material being a different fit, air vents on the side, internal headphone routing, waterproof phone pocket etc. It's won me over for sure :)

If only I could get some Curore gloves in that pre-order.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:37 pm

Not politically correct but I don't care, plus I'm a grumpy chit. :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

cp123

Postby cp123 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:06 pm

I like that one foo!

ItsDank

Postby ItsDank » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:43 pm

I got new gloves from Black Sheep Cycling. These are insanely over engineered. There's even a towel like material on the thumb for wiping your sweat away during a ride!!!

Silicon grippers and padding on the base with a breathable fabric on the top.

Very impressed so far!

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:52 pm

I have a collection of whisky jerseys:

Some Bruichladdich:

Image Image

Ardbeg:

Image Image Image

Benromaich:

Glen Moray:

Bowmore:

I know there is a Jura jersey and Isle of Skye as well as Templeton Rye, maybe I'll get them some day. I only buy a jersey if I have tried the whisky so I suppose it is time to get some Templeton Rye . . . yum.

I also have this:

But the sizing is ridiculously small and the mob that made it seem to have gone out of business. Pity, as they also made a fe others I likes: Bauhaus, Paris-Roubaix (had one but gave it away).

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:24 pm

Nephew and Son in my own custom kit.
Last edited by Derny Driver on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim

Postby Tim » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:41 pm

ItsDank wrote:...There's even a towel like material on the thumb for wiping your sweat away during a ride!!!
More commonly used for wiping runny snot off the upper lip on cold morning rides. :)
Most gloves have the toweling.
You won't like them so much when they smell like dead wombat.

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Derny Driver wrote:Nephew and Son in my own custom kit.
Brilliant design pattern with the positive implications of that design, and I love the choice of colours. :D

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:35 pm

Love the whiskey kit - good choice with Bruichladdich at the top, their mint is in the same vein as Bianchi mint.
Cycling is in my BNA

andrewjcw

Postby andrewjcw » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:40 pm

Strava kit looks swish! Tempting.
https://www.strava.com/athletes/andrewjcw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:43 pm

2015 euro kit :-)
Better start training so I can actually fit it :|
Don't like the logo much though ... I know I live in the middle of a 1000 swamps but it is pretty naff.

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:03 pm

Mint??
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:11 pm

ItsDank wrote:I got new gloves from Black Sheep Cycling. These are insanely over engineered. There's even a towel like material on the thumb for wiping your sweat away during a ride!!!
Didn't realise they did gloves...nice and subtle...I like them.

Still working a few more kilos off my gut before I contemplate on buying one of their kits

ItsDank

Postby ItsDank » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:13 pm

andrewjcw wrote:Strava kit looks swish! Tempting.
Certainly won't be the last Strava gear I get!

I had a look at the Black Sheep Cycling Gloves, did a full review :)
dmwill wrote:
ItsDank wrote:I got new gloves from Black Sheep Cycling. These are insanely over engineered. There's even a towel like material on the thumb for wiping your sweat away during a ride!!!
Didn't realise they did gloves...nice and subtle...I like them.

Still working a few more kilos off my gut before I contemplate on buying one of their kits
Their kits are actually reasonably priced for the quality and design. I didn't get around to buying Season 2 and missed out so I guess I'll wait for Season 3.

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:33 pm

cp123 wrote:I like that one foo!
Me too- I want...

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:34 am

Silicon grippers and padding on the base with a breathable fabric on the top.

Very impressed so far!
Those gloves certainly look impressive with the padding in the right places as well as what appears to be a good non slip base.
Unfortunately I have found that gloves with a stretchy top material don't hold my hands firmly enough for my liking as they tend to slip around inside that type of glove as compared to those with firmer material on the top. :(

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:47 am

Grey man's kit.
Black knicks and unobtrusive preferably cheap jerseys. I don't want something that screams look at me. Boring hey :mrgreen:
Dogs are the best people :wink:

ItsDank

Postby ItsDank » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:58 am

greyhoundtom wrote: Those gloves certainly look impressive with the padding in the right places as well as what appears to be a good non slip base.
Unfortunately I have found that gloves with a stretchy top material don't hold my hands firmly enough for my liking as they tend to slip around inside that type of glove as compared to those with firmer material on the top. :(
I guess you could always size down? Most glove sizes are based on the circumference of your palm. One thing I've found is that the leather can get quite sweaty for a summer glove but other than that, it's been great!

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:18 pm

ItsDank wrote:
greyhoundtom wrote: Those gloves certainly look impressive with the padding in the right places as well as what appears to be a good non slip base.
I guess you could always size down? Most glove sizes are based on the circumference of your palm. One thing I've found is that the leather can get quite sweaty for a summer glove but other than that, it's been great!
Thanks, I do need a new pair of gloves and will have a closer look at a smaller size to see if that solves the problem.

silentC

Postby silentC » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:44 pm

I've got a pair of Pearl Izumi gel vent gloves that I don't mind. The back of the glove is mesh and quite stretchy so you can get a snug fit. They also have a nose wiper on the thumb. Critical bit of technology :)
"If your next bike does not have disc brakes, the bike after that certainly will"
- Me

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:22 pm

I always thought the fuzzy/towelling bit was to wipe away the nose blow? That's what I use it for :oops: :lol:

And Strava....can go &$)(AT)$ themselves. Did a 160k ride in Jan, saw the little buy me buy me jigger on Strava and thought why not? I only do this once, and if it looks dodgy I can wear it in winter. It came today, and is nice material I guess :D but they sent me a "100" top, not the "150" :lol: After the pain of that ride, that sucks :? Not to mention I didn't realise that the $$ value was American, so was another 40-60 bucks extra....no way that top is worth 200 bucks. If it said the right k's at least.....

That'll teach me for being a lair :oops:

silentC

Postby silentC » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:55 pm

I always thought the fuzzy/towelling bit was to wipe away the nose blow?
That's exactly what it's for! :)

Being a tight bum, I'm unlikely to buy any Strava kit. I recognise it's good quality kit but my $40 jerseys suit me fine. I still wear the Banesto team jersey (as worn by Miguel Indurain) that I bought from the bargain bin at Stanmore Cycles for $20 in 1995.
"If your next bike does not have disc brakes, the bike after that certainly will"
- Me

2wheels_mond

Postby 2wheels_mond » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:03 pm

fat and old wrote:I always thought the fuzzy/towelling bit was to wipe away the nose blow? That's what I use it for :oops: :lol:

And Strava....can go &$)(AT)$ themselves. Did a 160k ride in Jan, saw the little buy me buy me jigger on Strava and thought why not? I only do this once, and if it looks dodgy I can wear it in winter. It came today, and is nice material I guess :D but they sent me a "100" top, not the "150" :lol: After the pain of that ride, that sucks :? Not to mention I didn't realise that the $$ value was American, so was another 40-60 bucks extra....no way that top is worth 200 bucks. If it said the right k's at least.....

That'll teach me for being a lair :oops:
If it's any consolation, the Continental tops and bibs sold at c r c are made by Cuore but for a much cheaper price.

http://www.this link is broken/au/e ... l/clothing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;