Insurance Bikes Australia ?

Jesmol

Insurance Bikes Australia ?

Postby Jesmol » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:15 pm

So after a little bingle, it appears my bike is being replaced under my house and contents insurance, but through an intermediate company called "Insurance Bikes Australia"

Trying to work out which bikes stores they work with so I can research my options.

Anyone had any dealings with them at all ?

bianchi928

Re: Insurance Bikes Australia ?

Postby bianchi928 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi Jes,

Last week in fact.

I dealt with Michelle who was excellent to deal with.

She did say which bike shop but I can't remember, however her number is 1300 306 964. Give them a bell and I'm sure they can assist.

Cheers
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:56 pm

From what I understand IBA is part of Chain Reaction bikes out of Sydney. I believe it's a group of former cyclists (Olympians etc) who run it. I know in SA they have relationships with a handful of the local stores covering off most brands. So depending where you are, chances are they'll be dealing with your LBS to secure a deal on a replacement for you.

Jesmol

Postby Jesmol » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:48 pm

They just rang and I spoke to Michelle Ferris, she's sending me some details of options, but looks like its a much simpler way of doing things.

Devodave52

Postby Devodave52 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:55 pm

3 years later, today. Insurance Bikes Australia own Chain Reaction, Cronulla. I wanted a replacement for my stolen Giant. IBA said we can get you a new one from Chain Reaction for an extra $150 over the insured value. I said I can get one up the road from 2 Monkeys Alexandria for $100 less than the insured value. Phoned NMA and got the money direct from them in 10 minutes. Shop around before you let IBA's shop charge you full price.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Insurance Bikes Australia are a business and their service is to insurance companies to make it easy to look after any bicycle claims. For the insurance companies it can be an advantage when they don't feel they have this expertise so can be cheaper to get, what they feel is a fair and trustworthy evaluation for replacing a bike. The other way Insurance Bikes Australia benefit is but purchasing at wholesale rather than retail prices. It means it isn't surprising or unfair that they orientate themself on the RRP.

As a customer (or claimant), you ultimately need to be happy if they make a proposal or deal. Glad you got a good solution.
Cycling is in my BNA