Multi bike insurance policy

Storm Boy

Re: Multi bike insurance policy

Postby Storm Boy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi Carrots,

Just curious on how long bicycle claims with CGU normally take to settle? I currently have a claim due to being T boned a week ago (I'm in Adelaide too) and am very keen to get back on the road. I should wait a few more days for the minor injuries to clear up properly, but would like to get it sorted asap. CGU have so far been very good to deal with. I have provided a quote from the bike shop I purchased from (quote provided 3 days ago) and am waiting on a call from IBA (?) for another quote or valuation.

I'm impatient I know :-)

Cheers!,

SB

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Insurance Bike Australia = IBA.

If memory serves the concept behind them is they'll look through the quote and if you're waiting on a call I assume will talk to you about the details of the bike you currently have etc. to make sure what's been quoted is like for like (as near as possible) and that the bike shop isn't having a lend on their pricing (you'd be surprised how often RRP $ on a bike suddenly becomes RRP +10%!). IBA are only a relatively new group to us but I think they may at times be a bit slow.

Did your home policy get taken out through a bike or broker or even direct with us?

If you like, send me a message with the claim number and I'll see if I can run an eye over it. Worst case scenario I can use it for any feedback on the time is might take for IBA to do their component of the claim.

Storm Boy

Postby Storm Boy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:43 pm

Thanks Carrots!

I'll PM you. Certainly no problems with CGU thus far. The insurance was taken out through a credit union but I have been dealing with CGU direct.

Regards,

SB