Bike Gallery

g-boaf

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby g-boaf » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:27 pm

Dan_Melb85 wrote:I bought a new Cervelo S3 from a country LBS for an absolute cracking price because it was last years colour.

Love the colour and spec. Always wanted a Cervelo. This one replaces a Giant TCR Advanced TDF.

Lovely bike. :)

ImageImage

A 2014 Giant TCR Advanced SL1 never was available like this one. SRAM Red E-tap, SRAM Red Aero Link brakes and Xentis 2.5SL wheels. Stem is Pro Vibe 7S. The cranks are standard Dura Ace 53/39 and the cassette is Dura Ace 11-25.

QuangVuong

Postby QuangVuong » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:30 am

That is one clean looking build minus the slightly dirty chain/cassette :lol: .
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

Defy The Odds

Postby Defy The Odds » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:34 pm

Dan_Melb85 wrote:I bought a new Cervelo S3 from a country LBS for an absolute cracking price because it was last years colour.

Love the colour and spec. Always wanted a Cervelo. This one replaces a Giant TCR Advanced TDF.

How do you find the Cervelo vs the TCR ?

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:48 pm

QuangVuong wrote:That is one clean looking build minus the slightly dirty chain/cassette :lol: .

I'd actually been commuting on it for a while already before those photos. :) I still haven't cleaned it, but it hasn't given dramas. And the other day I had to marvel, there was no noise at all. No gear or chain noise, totally silent. Just the tyre rolling noise. 8) I like that.

Pretty sweet running bike. But the old Trek is pretty damn good too now in its upgraded form. It also runs very nicely.

Dan_Melb85

Postby Dan_Melb85 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:07 pm

Defy The Odds wrote:How do you find the Cervelo vs the TCR ?

I would say that my immediate thoughts (only 100km ridden so far) are that this one steers slightly sharper, it accelerates noticeably quicker, and is very smooth. It is also notably lighter than the TCR. My scales (crudely) showed roughly a kilo difference between the two. These sentiments notwithstanding I couldn't honestly say that it feels a quantum leap over the TCR, as the TCR had very similar geometry and characteristics, and was an excellent bike in itself. It was sad to see it sold yesterday but I couldn't say no to the S3 at the price I paid.

I did however notice that the bike attracts attention from the big boys on the road, who can see that despite the lycra and slimmer build it's obvious that I am riding a bike WAY beyond that which my skillset and fitness deserve, and most die hard uppity cyclists appear to resent that :lol: I was told by one guy that "Cervelo's and unshaved legs are a no go", and that "if I want to ride a Cervelo I need to shave the pinz like a pro" :lol: :lol:

Looks like I'll be crackin out the trimmer.. I'm not waxing or shaving!
- 2016 Cervélo S3 Ultegra Di2
- 2015 Specialized Enduro Comp 29

Kronos

Giant Kronos

Postby Kronos » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:45 pm

My commuter bike which is a 1995 model Kronos is now 95% complete. The groupset is a mix of SRAM Rival and Apex, mostly SRAM Rival with an Apex derailleur. The shifters are SRAM DoubleTaps. I fitted platforms so I can wear regular shoes. Given that it has a 26.6 seat post I've ordered pretty much the only available decent, new seat post which is a Thomson Elite. Unfortunately that's a process of waiting for it to come from America. I'm going to try that first before I look at a Nitto quill stem.

For day to day riding this bike is incredibly smooth, I really haven't rode much better in terms of comfort and ride/shift quality in some time, and I'm giving life to a bike that most people would eventually put in the skip. Given its a low mileage bike with immaculate paint, it would be a bit of a waste to let it rot.

It's getting ready to just about be blog worthy. I've restored it to modern standard like it should have been off the shop floor.These Kronos bikes were a weird combination of half tourer, half racer. It's now just about race ready. I'll take it out tomorrow and get some better photos.

alrsv1

Postby alrsv1 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:41 pm

Can't post this on the retro forum as it has carbon wheels and bars.
Made by Joe Cozgrove in Brisbane using Columbus Max tubing from 1998.
Built it up with DA7800 and Carbon/alloy C24 wheels, weight is about 8.3 which isn't bad for steel. Rides like a dream.

Image20170808_141247 by Al Paterson, on Flickr

Image20170808_141312 by Al Paterson, on Flickr

Image20170808_141800 by Al Paterson, on Flickr
1987 Concorde Squadra PDM, 1997 Ritchey Road Logic, 1998 Frezoni MAX,
1992 Cannondale M2000, 2014 Mondraker Foxy XR.

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:02 pm

^ Boom!

Original paint? Looks mint.

alrsv1

Postby alrsv1 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:50 pm

P!N20 wrote:^ Boom!

Original paint? Looks mint.

Yeah, barely a mark on it, replaced a Merckx Leader with this and never regretted it.
1987 Concorde Squadra PDM, 1997 Ritchey Road Logic, 1998 Frezoni MAX,
1992 Cannondale M2000, 2014 Mondraker Foxy XR.

Return to “General Cycling Discussion”