Bike Gallery

Thomas

Bike Gallery

Postby Thomas » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:12 pm

Hey all,

Thought it would be a cool idea to give people a chance to show off their rides :D

EDIT: perhaps for your caption you could include "my favourite thing about my bike is..." (thanks Munga)

I'll get the ball rolling with a pic of my inherrited-from-a-friend KHS (to answer the question I get all too often, yes, KHS used to make road bikes :)).

Slowly accessorising it (pedals, bottle cage, pump (not shown here), saddle bag with spare tube, cateye computer) but at the moment, its more than enough bike for me to commute to and from uni and to go on my weekend warrior rides :) Its nothing flash, but it gets me to where i need to go and I love it!

EDIT: Favourite thing: its RED, +1 for going faster. oh yeh and it was a free :)

For any newbies, to post pics, you need to be a member of the forum for at least seven days and have ten posts to your name. Then, to post a pic, you have to upload your pic/s to any free photosharing service (i.e. photobucket.com). Once you do this, copy the URL of your image and paste it into your post. Make sure you hit the little button which says "img", once in front of the URL, and once again after the URL so the image code before posting will look something like this:

I'm not sure how clear my photo uploading instructions were but make sure you preview your post before hitting submit just to be sure.

Take care all,

look forward to checking out your bikes!!

EDIT: New bike...

Specialized Tarmac Comp... in terms of the feel of the ride, it's a major upgrade...

Favourite thing? Among many other things (i.e. pleasure to ride, it's great etc etc), it hangs above the desk that I spend a lot of time at (when im not on the bike)
Last edited by Thomas on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

thepj

Postby thepj » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:28 pm

ye seem pretty clear to me, as soon as i can post pics i will lol.
2012 Merida Big Nine| 2011 Merida Sculpture 904
"If it doesn't scare you, Its not heavy/steep Enough" - Unknown.

Lark2004

Postby Lark2004 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:32 pm

edit: my favorite thing is that this bike only cost me $10.00 ( all up about 100 after I bought new tyres and some pedals, and some new brake cables)
Last edited by Lark2004 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew

munga

Postby munga » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:36 pm

cool, but can we add something like "My favourite thing about this bike is...."

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:45 pm

OK, my favourite thing about his bike is it's 28 years old and 95% original components, even including the brake pads with SunTour Superbe logo 8)
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

deks

Postby deks » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:49 am

My favorite thing about my bike is that its my first road bike and it cost me less then 2k and it gets me where i need to go!! :lol:

vx255

Postby vx255 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:15 pm

My favorite thing is I have plenty more room for more bikes :lol:
The spesh is awesome for long rides, faultless.
The Royal Eagle has history about it
The Ricardo is 20yrs old and nice steel frame
The MTB is nice to to get out on trails
The Repco SS is just plain fun
Striving for mediocrity.

531db

Postby 531db » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:49 pm

il padrone wrote:Image

OK, my favourite thing about his bike is it's 28 years old and 95% original components, even including the brake pads with SunTour Superbe logo 8)
Ahh, SKS Chromoplastic mudguards, Sanyo Dynapower, Zefal HPX pump, Brooks Pro saddle, I had all those along with Suntour Vx gearing and Dia Compe brakes on a c1978 Falcon (Reynolds 531db main tubes) in the late 1980's. My long Audax and winter training bike, sadly no more as it (and myself) were hit and runover by a car at a stop sign in 1994.
Actually I still have the rear derailleur on my Apollo IV and the Dynapower generator is still around the place somewhere.

crog

Postby crog » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:41 pm

My 1970 Cecil Re build (Now fitted with brooks Saddle,bar tape & Ultegra pedals (will edit and put later photo on at a later date

Thing I like best about this is I built it from a frame sourced on Ebay

My Avanti mountain bike and kiddy trailer

The bash around bike, best thing is being able to tow kid so it is probably the trailer

My Trek Hybrid

Saves the need for a car in Sydney and bought near new for 1/2 price from somebody who liked the idea of cycling , although needs a service soon.

The Cecil and Moutain live in Melbourne, the Trek is my get around Sydney Bike where i live a couple of weeks a month.

Soon to add to Sydney Stable a Surly Steam Roller Fixed by a while away

Che

kukamunga

Postby kukamunga » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:30 pm

1995 Giant Sedona had since new; Cromoly frame, seatpost and derailleur hanger only original parts. Commuting, touring, off-roading.... it sees it all

It is bit long in the top tube & short in the chain stays, I feel (as MTBs of that era tended to be). I do have an '97 Sedona frame (the last decent Cromoly MTB Giant ever made) which is a tad shorter in the top tube and a tad longer in the chainstays, which should suit me better (another project) :roll:

Bitsa this.... bitsa that. Yep.... they're ever reliable 1991 XT 7speed thumbies shifting 8 x 3 speed nicely 8)

lukas

Postby lukas » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:37 pm

My favourite things about this bike are the bailout gears.. :oops:
Cervelo R3
Canyon Ultimate AL

RideLikeTheWind

Postby RideLikeTheWind » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:48 pm

Oh, pick me!

This pic is a bit outdated - so I will get one up that is better once I get some taken (maybe tonight when I get on my rollers for the first time).

It is pretty stock, I have changed the seat (not in this pic) and put on some lights, new tyres and saddle bag... Getting a new pump tuesday and some bling specialized transitions sunnies...

My favorite thing is that it pushes me hard to do more.. I love it.

That's all folks.

Joe

jeanrilo

Postby jeanrilo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:40 pm

My daily commuter
Felt F85
Malvern Star excel

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:59 pm

My toy...... 8)

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:59 am

far out... thats a beast Jeremy!

excuse my ignorance to veladrome cycling, but how fast can you go on that and how long can you maintain the speed?

Thomas.

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:56 pm

Thomas wrote:far out... thats a beast Jeremy!

excuse my ignorance to veladrome cycling, but how fast can you go on that and how long can you maintain the speed?

Thomas.

Speed is relative to your power output and length of time is dictated by the length of the event you are doing.....or maybe fitness :lol:

In a typical scratch race at training, we will sit on approx 47kph in a rolling paceline (swapping leader at end of a lap) and do that for around 30 laps or so before sprinting to the finish.....although there can be breakaways etc which change things a bit......a lap is 250m.

Last week I hit 60kph on a 90in gear.....at which time my legs were doing approx 140rpm :twisted:

vx255

Postby vx255 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Jeremy wrote:My toy...... 8)

That is one seriously awesome bike there, looks like it's doing 40 just standing there.

hey whats with the brake on the back wheel, you know fixies aren't ultra cool with brakes, and the low spoke count wheels obviously are no good for jamming cards into either :wink:
:lol:
Striving for mediocrity.

Lark2004

Postby Lark2004 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:33 pm

vx255 wrote: hey whats with the brake on the back wheel
I think you should closer at that pic. The brake isn't on the bike, it's on the starting block. It prevents a rider from jumping the start.
Andrew

vx255

Postby vx255 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:04 pm

Lark2004 wrote:
vx255 wrote: hey whats with the brake on the back wheel
I think you should closer at that pic. The brake isn't on the bike, it's on the starting block. It prevents a rider from jumping the start.
wow, the wink didn't give the joke away

Knew I should have stuck a Just kidding in there
Striving for mediocrity.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:14 pm

Jeremy wrote:My toy...... 8)

I'm jealous... except for the gloves cos I've got the same ones.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

aimeebear

Postby aimeebear » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:31 pm

He has a twin though :wink: Even rides out at the same track hehe...Bike with brakes are over rated :P

My favorite thing about my bike is how awesome it feels when it is flying along the boards at god knows what speed :twisted:

ps, nice photography Jeremy :P
on ya bike!

Lark2004

Postby Lark2004 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:41 pm

gimme a break, I had a 3am start this morning..... and am just a little sleepy at the moment......so subtle things are just over head right now................. :wink: :roll: :P :? whatever.....
Andrew

lukas

Postby lukas » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:58 pm

Damn, these BT track bikes are sweet.

How much does a top end track bike cost?
Cervelo R3
Canyon Ultimate AL

wintal

The ungainly beast...

Postby wintal » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:58 pm

Here's my bike, in full commuting trim.

Best thing about it - completely problem free, all I've ever had to do is oil it, and replace worn out cogs/chains. Those gear cables have _never_ been adjusted and it shifts perfectly.

Worst thing about this bike... the spacer stack's a bit... high... I feel it's balanced a little by the seat post :P

Cheers,
Leighton...

aimeebear

Postby aimeebear » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:04 pm

lukas wrote:Damn, these BT track bikes are sweet.

How much does a top end track bike cost?
A kidney, and your second born child :D

I picked up a pretty sweet deal on mine from a girl who had only ridden it a few times and is now in the talent group for MTB'ing so has no time/use for it. I got everything on the bike, including the shamals for just over $3k. They retail new for a lot more.

Mine is the smallest size you can get, and they don't come up very often (other than Jeremy's as ours are the same).

Before the BT, I had a standard Hillbrick Pista track bike - I rode it at nationals this year and it was a great bike, but boy the BT is so much better so suffice to say I am very happy with my purchase!!
on ya bike!