Re: Bike Gallery

Postby rabobank89 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:46 pm

jaseyjase wrote:giving shimano a whirl

mmmmmm nice

Slowcoach

Postby Slowcoach » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:28 am

...yes very nice.
Goal:ride to work >2times per week for next 6 months - starting September 23rd2013

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:10 pm

TMjpn wrote:Looks Good Briztoon!

Gotta love a matte Black Scott!

IMG_4636 by TMjpn, on Flickr
That's a awesome looking bike TMjpn. Matte Black very understated, but looks killer when tricked out.

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:13 pm

jgon286 wrote:
briztoon wrote:Nothing special like some of the bikes here. This is my new Scott CR1.

]
No way! A new bike is ALWAYS special! Enjoy the new ride!
:D Cheers dude. I lurv the ride.

pawnii

Postby pawnii » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:06 pm

Nice Scott.

all you need is a nice Garmin to go with it :)
yes, I'm an overweight weight weenie
2012 Scott Foil Premium

pawnii

Postby pawnii » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:07 pm

rabobank89 wrote:
jaseyjase wrote:giving shimano a whirl

mmmmmm nice
wow that is a really good photo. Wish i could take a pic like that of my bike.
yes, I'm an overweight weight weenie
2012 Scott Foil Premium

TMjpn

Postby TMjpn » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:47 pm

KOM by TMjpn, on Flickr

Took a nice cruisy pedal on the Sunday, and stopped for a pic.

Found out today that my left ACL is ruptured - so it helps having a nice motivator in the KOM to help keep my pre-hab and re-hab activites going to bounce back a bit quicker. Popping my right ACL is how I got into cycling in the first place..

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:38 pm

Ooooh, nice Kuota, one of my favourite bikes.

alkhoo

Postby alkhoo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:22 pm

I was offered a price I couldn't refuse. Specialized Crux Expert Carbon Disc - made some changes with the bike store. We upgraded the gruppo to full SRAM Force. The saddle will be replaced with a black Romin saddle soon-ish and I'm still trying to decide on a lighter wheelset.

The plan is to run the stock wheelset with Conti 4-Season 28s for the weekday commute and then run a lighter/aero wheelset with maybe 25s or 26s for weekend rides. Still tossing between getting a custom wheelset built up (H Plus Son Archetype with Chris King R45 Disc/DT Swiss 240s Disc) or look at the Roval Rapide CLX40 Disc.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Nice bike Alkhoo

vbroom

Postby vbroom » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:19 pm

alkhoo wrote:Image
wow. first time i've seen disc brakes on a road bike. have these been around long?

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:30 pm

Pretty sure it's a cycle cross bike. But there are pure road bikes with disc brakes.

alkhoo

Postby alkhoo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 am

Thanks guys. I'm very happy with it. It's heavier than my Oppy C6 but the disc brakes are awesome when you need to stop. A few weekends ago, my mate and I had planned to ride up Mt. Macedon but the weather was shocking. We decided to ride in the rain anyway, but no Mt. Macedon. It was a good decision we didn't because I had zero brakes on the Oppy - rim brakes on carbon clinchers.

Briztoon is correct. It's a cyclocross bike but most manufacturers make disc-brake road bikes now.

Dan

Postby Dan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:59 pm

First foray into aluminium. CAAD7. 2nd generation ergo - Centaur 10s. Some interim Khamsins. Deda bars/stem, Cinelli post, San Marco Concor. Haven't weighed it - guessing about 8 1/2 kg as is.

rangersac

Postby rangersac » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:08 pm

My one experience in the CAAD range was a Saeco team edition CAAD3 fitted with Spinergy RevXs. Great wheels, but the frame was without a doubt the harshest ride I've ever been on, filling loosening stuff on coarse chipseal. Hope yours is much smoother!
De Rosa Macro | Intense Primer | Wayward Cape York | Cotic Rocket

Calvin27

Postby Calvin27 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:57 pm

briztoon wrote:Pretty sure it's a cycle cross bike. But there are pure road bikes with disc brakes.
It's marketed as road. Quite a few road bikes with disc coming out now as opposed to cyclocross. Specialized has them starting from $1200 (Secteur sport disc with sora) up the the roubaix and obviously the crux (pictured). All running 135mm hub width which means mountain bike spec technically but probably just an effort to reduce costs by not having to develop a new hub - not exactly a bad thing I would think.
Heavy road bike
Cushy dirt bike
Very cushy dirt bike
Bike crushed by car (RIP)
No brakes bike
Ebike

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Calvin27 wrote:
briztoon wrote:Pretty sure it's a cycle cross bike. But there are pure road bikes with disc brakes.
It's marketed as road. Quite a few road bikes with disc coming out now as opposed to cyclocross. Specialized has them starting from $1200 (Secteur sport disc with sora) up the the roubaix and obviously the crux (pictured). All running 135mm hub width which means mountain bike spec technically but probably just an effort to reduce costs by not having to develop a new hub - not exactly a bad thing I would think.
just frustrates me that MOST roadies with disc have a relaxed geometry
/rant

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:55 pm

Dan wrote:First foray into aluminium. CAAD7. 2nd generation ergo - Centaur 10s. Some interim Khamsins. Deda bars/stem, Cinelli post, San Marco Concor. Haven't weighed it - guessing about 8 1/2 kg as is.

bad ass, love it.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:39 pm

jasonc wrote:
Calvin27 wrote:
just frustrates me that MOST roadies with disc have a relaxed geometry
/rant
For now...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
jasonc wrote:just frustrates me that MOST roadies with disc have a relaxed geometry
/rant
For now...

HURRY UP
:evil:

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:27 pm

Speaking of disc brakes... the mechanic at my lbs reckons that disc brakes could be in use at the TDF as early as next year. Either way, he says it is inevitable that rim brakes will go the way of the dinosaur. So I am guessing that my next bike will be DI2 and disc brake equipped. Quite a revolution. And even if his forecast is over optimistic, I am sure most would agree that it is certain to happen in the near future. I must say that when I bought my GT MTB, the first experience I had with hydraulic disc brakes, I was amazed at their stopping power.

rabobank89

Postby rabobank89 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Paul B wrote:Speaking of disc brakes... the mechanic at my lbs reckons that disc brakes could be in use at the TDF as early as next year. Either way, he says it is inevitable that rim brakes will go the way of the dinosaur. So I am guessing that my next bike will be DI2 and disc brake equipped. Quite a revolution. And even if his forecast is over optimistic, I am sure most would agree that it is certain to happen in the near future. I must say that when I bought my GT MTB, the first experience I had with hydraulic disc brakes, I was amazed at their stopping power.
Forces generated from braking on a carbon front fork with disk brakes cant result in good things :|

Croweater

Postby Croweater » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:04 am

Here's a photo of my Wilier GranTurismo, with Dura Ace/Ultegra groupset. Also threw a pair of Fulcrum Racing 3's on for good measure.

An absolute pleasure to ride.

[img]file:///C:/Users/Rodney/Pictures/IMG_0708.JPG[/img]

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:15 am

Moutain bikes have been using carbon forks with discs for years and I haven't seen to many breakages. It's just s matter of good design. They are particularly strong if they are used in conjunction with a through axle.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:49 am

Paul B wrote:Speaking of disc brakes... the mechanic at my lbs reckons that disc brakes could be in use at the TDF as early as next year. Either way, he says it is inevitable that rim brakes will go the way of the dinosaur. So I am guessing that my next bike will be DI2 and disc brake equipped. Quite a revolution. And even if his forecast is over optimistic, I am sure most would agree that it is certain to happen in the near future. I must say that when I bought my GT MTB, the first experience I had with hydraulic disc brakes, I was amazed at their stopping power.
Depends how light they can make them.