Bike Gallery

g-boaf

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:48 pm

That Scott looks great. :)

My two rides:
Click the image for larger version.

I've taken the carbon wheels off the Giant, although I do have a set that can I use on it as well. With all the crap weather of recent, the alloy wheels are easier to live with. The Giant is awesome to ride.

albertgaleano

Postby albertgaleano » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:47 pm

It's alive!!!! After about 10 yrs of sitting in the garage I finally got the old Rocky Mountain up and running again 8)

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:53 am

albertgaleano wrote:It's alive!!!! After about 10 yrs of sitting in the garage I finally got the old Rocky Mountain up and running again 8)
That is so sweet :shock:

Rochshox, Syncro's kit, and gripshifters. Classic mid 90's mtb. It wouldn't of been cheap in its day. Makes me wish I still had my old Kona Explosif :(

How are the seals on the old Rockshox Mag 21?

albertgaleano

Postby albertgaleano » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:12 am

Yeah I had 2 Mag 21's and put the best working on there, still hold the air ok, not keen on doing a oil change on these so as soon as they had it I still have the original rigid forks so I will stick them on.

boss

Postby boss » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:30 pm

trippyho wrote:
boss wrote:
trippyho wrote:Image Upgraded to a new Scott Foil for my competition bike. The Avanti Giro will be promoted to commuting duties :)
Rule #75
race number is long gone now lol
It would wanna be! :P

Cesscargo

Postby Cesscargo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:15 pm

Okay, I'm stumped, I've been sitting here for an hour trying to figure out how to put my photo from photo bucket in here, any clues???

Crowz

Postby Crowz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Cesscargo wrote:Okay, I'm stumped, I've been sitting here for an hour trying to figure out how to put my photo from photo bucket in here, any clues???
Go into Photo bucket, then click on the photo you want to put on here. Once that photo is open, click it and press ctrl+w and then drag and drop the photo into a 'reply' here.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:21 pm

Crowz wrote:
Cesscargo wrote:Okay, I'm stumped, I've been sitting here for an hour trying to figure out how to put my photo from photo bucket in here, any clues???
Go into Photo bucket, then click on the photo you want to put on here. Once that photo is open, click it and press ctrl+w and then drag and drop the photo into a 'reply' here.
There should also be some handy link type things on the right of the image with the heading 'Links to Share' which give you the image's link as needed in different forum types (ie. in IMG format - which is what is used here). If you click in the URL box the link will automatically be copied and you can paste it into your post. If you don't have this 'Links to Share' box on the right you can add it from your Settings page I believe.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:56 pm

upload it here:
http://img.acianetmedia.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and post the direct link (you can even choose the BB one as it'll have the appropriate img code header/footer)

MREJ

Postby MREJ » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:11 pm

g-boaf wrote:That Scott looks great. :)

My two rides:
Click the image for larger version.

I've taken the carbon wheels off the Giant, although I do have a set that can I use on it as well. With all the crap weather of recent, the alloy wheels are easier to live with. The Giant is awesome to ride.
Two great bikes there. How do they differ in performance?
2016 S-Works Tarmac, 2014 Wabi Lightning SE, 2012 Felt F75, 2011 Genesis Equilibrium 20, ancient Avanti Pista track bike

Cesscargo

Postby Cesscargo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:52 pm

My cargo bike, I based it on the Bullitt but made it short enough to fit on my ute. I built this from bit and pieces I got from the local recycler. I use it to carry my gear to the local Men's Shed. The upright position from the BMX handle bars makes it comfortable for an old bloke.

Cesscargo

Postby Cesscargo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:08 pm

Thanks for the tips.

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Cesscargo wrote:My cargo bike, I based it on the Bullitt but made it short enough to fit on my ute. I built this from bit and pieces I got from the local recycler. I use it to carry my gear to the local Men's Shed. The upright position from the BMX handle bars makes it comfortable for an old bloke.
Wow!

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:24 pm

I love home built cargo bikes, but yours is a step above the usual finish.

Two thumbs up
It doesn't get easier, you just get slower

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:27 pm

That's NEAT! :D
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:28 pm

MREJ wrote:Two great bikes there. How do they differ in performance?
Not a whole lot different in most cases, except that the Trek feels more nervous in its handling, while the Giant feels like the Mercedes-Benz E-Class of bicycles, steady as she goes but with hidden talents. You can really hustle it through corners with a lot of confidence, but then you've got one as well, so you'd know what they are like. :)

When you get in the hills, you see the difference. The Trek is over 8kg according to the scale on my Prepstand Pro, the Giant (an SL3) tips in at about 7.6kg according to that with bottle cages on and all that stuff. And of course the gearshifts are way different. The 105 is quite different to the Di2 on the Giant. The Di2 is just click click click and the shifts are very dependable all the time. That helps out of corners too, though me getting better is also part of that.

I haven't really ridden the Trek since I got the Giant. But the Trek has sentimental value, it got me into this whole game when I did my typical jump in the deep end throw caution to the wind approach. You have to remember, before I got into this, I didn't ride a bike since I was a young kid. Didn't really do anything much at all in fact, and by a few years ago I was headed towards 90kg, which is bad. As you can probably guess (and from the avatar), I'm not that weight anymore. :D

The Giant got its first work on it on my part, the black bar tape replacing the white stuff, and the saddle was swapped from the Trek.

Cesscargo: Very tidy construction there - looks extremely well finished. :)

MREJ

Postby MREJ » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Thanks g-boaf. I have had two Giant TCR's and they seem like good all-rounders, between the lively (but enjoyable) handling of my Felt and the limo ride of my Genesis.
2016 S-Works Tarmac, 2014 Wabi Lightning SE, 2012 Felt F75, 2011 Genesis Equilibrium 20, ancient Avanti Pista track bike

adamr

Postby adamr » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Cesscargo wrote:My cargo bike, I based it on the Bullitt but made it short enough to fit on my ute. I built this from bit and pieces I got from the local recycler. I use it to carry my gear to the local Men's Shed. The upright position from the BMX handle bars makes it comfortable for an old bloke.

That is awesome. I have been contemplating a similar project. I rode one recently with my daughter in the front and she loved it. I would really like to see the other side so I can see how you have done the steering link. Did you follow any particular plans?

RobM

Postby RobM » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:50 pm

Nice build mate!

Cesscargo

Postby Cesscargo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:36 pm

Do a search on Google for cargo bikes, click on images, scroll down the page and the bare frame without the box shows up bright yellow on the page. If you want construction stage photos or any tips let me know, happy to help :-)

I did I lot of looking around on the net for ideas then adapted them for my purposes.

MADCAP

Postby MADCAP » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:27 pm

Latest Upgrade for my 2012 CLX3.0 - NEW Mavic Cosmic Carbone 40C Clinchers - Store in Adelaide was lucky to receive these from Mavic as Promo and i was asking a few mates to see if anyone had wheel deals available and these came up just the other day, score the whole set with tyres for $2000 - pretty happy with the price as i seen Pre-Orders starting at $2999 on bike exchange.

One thing i didint know was the decals on the wheels actually reflect - was rather spesh when i dimmed the lights, btw sorry for quality of photos was taking with iPhone 5, hope to do a better photoshoot on weekend with SLR

open roader

Postby open roader » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:39 pm

MADCAP wrote:Latest Upgrade for my 2012 CLX3.0 - NEW Mavic Cosmic Carbone 40C Clinchers
Fabulous looking ride! :D
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

MADCAP

Postby MADCAP » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:48 pm

open roader wrote:
MADCAP wrote:Latest Upgrade for my 2012 CLX3.0 - NEW Mavic Cosmic Carbone 40C Clinchers
Fabulous looking ride! :D
Cheers mate, looking to get some TRP brake Callipers or Durace, the standard Colnago are JUNK - bike is slowing getting pimped, just some more accessories and ill be stoked... But the new rollers has made a huge improvement on looks, was running Fulcrum Racing Zero Dark Edition, but will be going up for sale in a few days

open roader

Postby open roader » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:14 pm

MADCAP wrote:Cheers mate, looking to get some TRP brake Callipers or Durace, the standard Colnago are JUNK - bike is slowing getting pimped, just some more accessories and ill be stoked... But the new rollers has made a huge improvement on looks, was running Fulcrum Racing Zero Dark Edition, but will be going up for sale in a few days
You will struggle to find more stopping power than DA.

What frame size is your CLX 3?

Matt or gloss paint?

Looks truly beautiful to me I really do like the CLX frame shape............. :D
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:35 pm

Brilliant! Great work Cess :D
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011