Bike Gallery

User avatar
g-boaf
Posts: 9837
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby g-boaf » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:29 am

Cardy George wrote:
g-boaf wrote:I wish there was a better way of fixing the Garmin to the stem instead of using that ugly OEM garmin mount. If only there was something like those Fetha adaptors for the Garmin that would work with the Vibe 7S stem.

https://www.bikeradar.com/au/road/news/article/f3-formmount-bike-computer-mount-48456/
Caught my eye the other day......


That is perfect! 8) Thanks.

User avatar
Cardy George
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: Red Cliffs, Vic

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Cardy George » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:20 pm

g-boaf wrote:
Cardy George wrote:
g-boaf wrote:I wish there was a better way of fixing the Garmin to the stem instead of using that ugly OEM garmin mount. If only there was something like those Fetha adaptors for the Garmin that would work with the Vibe 7S stem.

https://www.bikeradar.com/au/road/news/article/f3-formmount-bike-computer-mount-48456/
Caught my eye the other day......


That is perfect! 8) Thanks.


That's exactly what I thought too!

Gambelli
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Gambelli » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:47 pm

HI All,

I'm new to the forum and cycling in general. I bought my first proper bike off my friend in November, Norco Tactic 2. I just bought new wheels/tyres for it last weekend and entered the Wollongong Try A Tri with it. I was absolutely delighted to find that out of 91 entries I was 3rd fastest on the bike leg, I give all the credit to my great little bike...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ooe0o6y1mr9e ... 0N9Ta?dl=0

I'm doing Bobbin Head this weekend but only the 58km ride as I have only every done 40km in one go, but I'm looking forward to it!

Cheers

Steve

Kronos
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Kronos » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Image

misterblack
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:03 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby misterblack » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:52 pm

IncognitoMosquito wrote:My Battaglin Marosticana, firstly on her maiden outing in King's Park and then near Cape Town in South Africa last month.






Love it Incognito Mosquito. Pretty.

User avatar
biker jk
Posts: 6193
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:18 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby biker jk » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:45 am

Kronos wrote:The 2007 5200/Mad one replica made it out of the shed today. My 6770 groupset parts (front and rear shift kit) arrived in Brisbane yesterday, it wont be too long until the mad one replica gets a Di2 groupset upgrade to electronic shifting and I'll never have to worry about tuning the thing again. It's also my internal routing project. I'm going to drill a few holes in this one and probably have the only 2007 Team Disco bike with DI2 in the world. Those 6700 shifters are soon set to be mothballed for another bike owner who wants them.

The out front computer is going to be mounted pretty soon on a 3T stem mount to go with it being a 3T eye, I just have to work out what 3T bars I want to suit the stem. The bars on it are 44 wide :shock: so I'm going to be downsizing to something a little nicer and with a bit more of a compact drop.

Image


I think you meant 6600 shifters.

Kronos
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Kronos » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:49 am

biker jk wrote:
Kronos wrote:The 2007 5200/Mad one replica made it out of the shed today. My 6770 groupset parts (front and rear shift kit) arrived in Brisbane yesterday, it wont be too long until the mad one replica gets a Di2 groupset upgrade to electronic shifting and I'll never have to worry about tuning the thing again. It's also my internal routing project. I'm going to drill a few holes in this one and probably have the only 2007 Team Disco bike with DI2 in the world. Those 6700 shifters are soon set to be mothballed for another bike owner who wants them.

The out front computer is going to be mounted pretty soon on a 3T stem mount to go with it being a 3T eye, I just have to work out what 3T bars I want to suit the stem. The bars on it are 44 wide :shock: so I'm going to be downsizing to something a little nicer and with a bit more of a compact drop.


I think you meant 6600 shifters.


There were/are two types of Shimano 10 Speed shifters and yes these are the early type 6600 shifters.

User avatar
Trev Campbell
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: Strathalbyn, SA

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Trev Campbell » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:38 pm

Picked up a new commuter the other day for $380. Malvern Star Oppy C5, 105 running gear, Mavic Aksium's, In almost perfect nick, Super Happy.

Image
Great Jens Voigt Quotes:
"I get paid to hurt other people, how good is that?"
"Shut up legs"

User avatar
foo on patrol
Posts: 6407
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:30 am

That's a good buy Trev. 8)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
Image

User avatar
10speedsemiracer
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:38 pm
Location: Melbourne, in the suburbs, near some hills

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:39 pm

Trev Campbell wrote:Picked up a new commuter the other day for $380. Malvern Star Oppy C5, 105 running gear, Mavic Aksium's, In almost perfect nick, Super Happy.

Image


Done well. Very durable combination (105 + Aksiums). Now just need some Gators and you would have a bulletproof commuter...
Mmm, SunTour

User avatar
rodneycc
Posts: 2789
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:50 pm
Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs, Victoria

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby rodneycc » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:13 pm

10speedsemiracer wrote:
Trev Campbell wrote:Picked up a new commuter the other day for $380. Malvern Star Oppy C5, 105 running gear, Mavic Aksium's, In almost perfect nick, Super Happy.

Image


Done well. Very durable combination (105 + Aksiums). Now just need some Gators Conti 4Seasons and you would have a bulletproof commuter...


There you go fixed it for you... :-)
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

User avatar
10speedsemiracer
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:38 pm
Location: Melbourne, in the suburbs, near some hills

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:13 pm

rodneycc wrote:
10speedsemiracer wrote:
Trev Campbell wrote:Picked up a new commuter the other day for $380. Malvern Star Oppy C5, 105 running gear, Mavic Aksium's, In almost perfect nick, Super Happy.

Image


Done well. Very durable combination (105 + Aksiums). Now just need some Gators Conti 4Seasons and you would have a bulletproof commuter...


There you go fixed it for you... :-)


Thank you for that RodneyCC.

Was only using the Gators as a continuation of the bulletproof theme. I wouldn't actually fit Gators to anything I would ride, prefer a Vittoria in most cases unless more than 32mm, then I splurge on Schwalbe. Have had less than stellar results with Conti (mainly their tubes) and have gone off them.
Mmm, SunTour

User avatar
Trev Campbell
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: Strathalbyn, SA

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Trev Campbell » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:32 pm

Thanks Guys, Isn't it funny how our own experiences define our likes. I've had nothing but trouble with Vittoria tubes and tyres. Also had a bad Michelin. So I now only buy Conti or Maxxis tyres and tubes, I've never had a problem with them !!!
Great Jens Voigt Quotes:
"I get paid to hurt other people, how good is that?"
"Shut up legs"

IncognitoMosquito
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby IncognitoMosquito » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:08 am

Uncle Just wrote:Thanks for the reply and extra photos. I agree a proper quill stem (an XA perhaps) can only add to a very nice bike. :wink:

Kronos wrote:A nicer quill stem is the order of the day. Thankfully Nitto still manufactures really high quality stems. Or another alternative is to get an oversized quill from Factory Five and run a 31.8 bar. If you don't want to go down that pathway then you can always get a vintage stem off ebay.


Had a very unfortunate moment at a coffee stop which resulted in loss of paint down the drive side seat stay and the fork so she has been stripped and touched up. Took the opportunity to fit her up with a Cinelli quill stem and bars.


donnaeastman
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby donnaeastman » Tue May 01, 2018 7:56 pm

misterblack wrote:
IncognitoMosquito wrote:My Battaglin Marosticana, firstly on her maiden outing in King's Park and then near Cape Town in South Africa last month.






Love it Incognito Mosquito. Pretty.

Wow! your photos are so amazing! I hope you can post more photos in your cycling.

NhiTrac
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: Chatswood, NSW

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby NhiTrac » Thu May 03, 2018 10:33 pm

IncognitoMosquito wrote:
Uncle Just wrote:Thanks for the reply and extra photos. I agree a proper quill stem (an XA perhaps) can only add to a very nice bike. :wink:

Kronos wrote:A nicer quill stem is the order of the day. Thankfully Nitto still manufactures really high quality stems. Or another alternative is to get an oversized quill from Factory Five and run a 31.8 bar. If you don't want to go down that pathway then you can always get a vintage stem off ebay.


Had a very unfortunate moment at a coffee stop which resulted in loss of paint down the drive side seat stay and the fork so she has been stripped and touched up. Took the opportunity to fit her up with a Cinelli quill stem and bars.



Im more interested in those watanabes... What do you have them mounted to?
FOCUS Cayo Expert

IncognitoMosquito
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby IncognitoMosquito » Fri May 04, 2018 11:58 am

NhiTrac wrote:Im more interested in those watanabes... What do you have them mounted to?

I have a Westfield kit car as my first mid-life crisis solution. Started riding as a cheap way to get the power to weight ratio of it up a bit. The cheap bit didn't work out so well. Don't have an online photo of mine, but it looks much like thisImage

User avatar
Defy The Odds
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Defy The Odds » Fri May 04, 2018 12:19 pm

IncognitoMosquito wrote:
NhiTrac wrote:Im more interested in those watanabes... What do you have them mounted to?

I have a Westfield kit car as my first mid-life crisis solution. Started riding as a cheap way to get the power to weight ratio of it up a bit. The cheap bit didn't work out so well. Don't have an online photo of mine, but it looks much like thisImage


No such thing as a mid life crisis.

End of the day you are at an age where you cam afford these toys and so why not?
Looks cool !

NhiTrac
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: Chatswood, NSW

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby NhiTrac » Fri May 04, 2018 1:35 pm

IncognitoMosquito wrote:
NhiTrac wrote:Im more interested in those watanabes... What do you have them mounted to?

I have a Westfield kit car as my first mid-life crisis solution. Started riding as a cheap way to get the power to weight ratio of it up a bit. The cheap bit didn't work out so well. Don't have an online photo of mine, but it looks much like thisImage


Very nice! Congrats mate
FOCUS Cayo Expert

donnaeastman
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby donnaeastman » Tue May 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Kronos wrote:Image

I like this shot! It's so beautiful. Would love to see more photos from you.

IncognitoMosquito
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby IncognitoMosquito » Wed May 23, 2018 4:34 pm

A couple of my other bike.

Early morning at the sundial on the Perth Foreshore


Morning stop in Victoria Park


Another early morning start in Perth

IncognitoMosquito
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby IncognitoMosquito » Wed May 23, 2018 4:38 pm

A couple from a recent trip to Eritrea
How do you get your bananas to market?


No mandatory helmet laws here in Asmara and no shortage of cyclists


This chap is on the way to compliance however

User avatar
Cardy George
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: Red Cliffs, Vic

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Cardy George » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:37 am

Took six weeks but finally got the bike and camera in the same space at the same time
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

stevebni
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 6:55 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby stevebni » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:15 am

My Ritchey Swiss Cross, all ready for my trip to Aus (Melbourne). Arriving (from Ireland) on Monday and planning to get in plenty of dirt road miles.

Image

IncognitoMosquito
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby IncognitoMosquito » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:36 pm

stevebni wrote:My Ritchey Swiss Cross, all ready for my trip to Aus (Melbourne). Arriving (from Ireland) on Monday and planning to get in plenty of dirt road miles


Enjoy your holiday.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users