Bike Gallery

ACT SC600

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby ACT SC600 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:16 pm

My Oppy C5

Running Ultegra 6700 grouppo, Edge carbon intergrated bars, Alien carbon post, prologo carbon saddle, Bontrager Aeolus 5s

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:17 pm

Hey, those look familiar! They are reasonably good wheels too. Nice bike.

I barely use mine anymore. The alloys on the Giant are lighter and I've not noticed much of an aero difference. The alloys also don't cost much.
Original size: http://reheatimages.smugmug.com/photos/ ... 9WJwRz.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I haven't got the carbon bars yet.

booge

Postby booge » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:45 am

The million dollar question....which bike do you think is better, the Giant or Trek??

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:04 am

Giant or Trek? That's like asking if you'd prefer the Black Plague or Spanish Flu :lol: .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

TonyMax

Postby TonyMax » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:06 am

Interesting that the Giant has a built in longer seat post in the frame I haven't seen a bike like that before.

Anywho, here's my new toy, it might as well be a picture from the Reid website as it's completely stock at the moment, but at least it's in front of my garage door :).

I just want to get some SPD pedals and maybe a new saddle and then I'll be off onto the roads.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:31 am

ldrcycles wrote:Giant or Trek? That's like asking if you'd prefer the Black Plague or Spanish Flu :lol: .
Just as well you can ride very fast... :lol: Cheeky bugger! :D :D Heh.
booge wrote:The million dollar question....which bike do you think is better, the Giant or Trek??
Ah, it's no contest. Giant easily. It's like comparing a Toyota 86 to a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. The Toyota is decent, but the other one is in another world altogether.

The Trek was my first step back into riding bicycles probably 15 years. They are both good bikes, but the Giant is lighter by quite a bit and has Di2.
TonyMax wrote:Interesting that the Giant has a built in longer seat post in the frame I haven't seen a bike like that before.

Anywho, here's my new toy, it might as well be a picture from the Reid website as it's completely stock at the moment, but at least it's in front of my garage door :).

I just want to get some SPD pedals and maybe a new saddle and then I'll be off onto the roads.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2888/1027 ... c0b2_c.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Giant has what they call integrated seat post (ISP). So the seat post is part of the frame and the only adjustment of it involves cutting the seat-post to correct height after being fitted on a non-ISP bike. After the fitting, I ended up going back a few days later and getting them to chop another 5mm off the seat post as it was too high for me to clip in easily to the left pedal. (the right was okay). Kind of unnerving the first time they do that. You get changed back into normal clothes after the fitting and here they are taking to your new pride and joy with a saw! There is a bit of adjustment in the seat clamp, but not a whole lot.

Your Reid looks pretty decent.

snark

Postby snark » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:34 am

g-boaf wrote:The Giant has what they call integrated seat post (ISP). So the seat post is part of the frame and the only adjustment of it involves cutting the seat-post to correct height after being fitted on a non-ISP bike. After the fitting, I ended up going back a few days later and getting them to chop another 5mm off the seat post as it was too high for me to clip in easily to the left pedal. (the right was okay). Kind of unnerving the first time they do that. You get changed back into normal clothes after the fitting and here they are taking to your new pride and joy with a saw! There is a bit of adjustment in the seat clamp, but not a whole lot.
This might be a silly question, but what would have happened if you went back a few days later and said "add another 5mm on to the seat post"?

Cheers,
Simon.
Phil Liggett, TdF 2011, Alpe-d'Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow."

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:49 am

I believe you can add slightly different size clamps on top of it (or adjust the existing one a bit. There is a little bit of adjustment, but not much.

All that said, it's better to get it right first time - which they just about did.

No sooner I got it, then the Propel was in store. I really did want to cry. :oops: It's like buying the beautiful new Porsche 959 and then seeing the Ferrari launch the F40.

ACT SC600

Postby ACT SC600 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:59 pm

g-boaf wrote:Hey, those look familiar! They are reasonably good wheels too. Nice bike.

I barely use mine anymore. The alloys on the Giant are lighter and I've not noticed much of an aero difference. The alloys also don't cost much.

I haven't got the carbon bars yet.
I actually dont mind them at all... my prev rims were 38mm tubs and some alloy EDGE SLR300 (which I still have)... on the hills on Sunday they were quite alright and I had my best times on 3 of the 4 hills....

but they do look like they are doing warp 7 just standing still!!!! (plus the colours match the OPPY really well)

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:18 pm

g-boaf wrote:I believe you can add slightly different size clamps on top of it (or adjust the existing one a bit. There is a little bit of adjustment, but not much.

All that said, it's better to get it right first time - which they just about did.

No sooner I got it, then the Propel was in store. I really did want to cry. :oops: It's like buying the beautiful new Porsche 959 and then seeing the Ferrari launch the F40.
In cars I would take the 959 over an F40

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:40 pm

ldrcycles wrote:Giant or Trek? That's like asking if you'd prefer the Black Plague or Spanish Flu :lol: .
I think we just named your bikes, boaf!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:00 pm

You two are both trouble! :lol: :D

adrian_d

Postby adrian_d » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:30 pm

I haven't posted for ages, but I thought i'd post my only ride at the moment:

Anyone recognise a trademark item in the picture? LOL
REVISED GOALS FOR THIS/NEXT YEAR
2. Attend 250km Bupa 2014

My Cycling Journey Blog (Needs Updating)

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:34 pm

washing basket - check
no cat, no garage door
oh and no lense flair

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:36 pm

jasonc wrote:washing basket - check
no cat, no garage door
oh and no lense flair
And nó funny accents ón the names! :lol:

michelle_s

Postby michelle_s » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:46 pm

My new ride. I think I'm more in love with this bike than my boyfriend!Image

adrian_d

Postby adrian_d » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:17 pm

michelle_s wrote:My new ride. I think I'm more in love with this bike than my boyfriend!Image
Wow thats stunning I love it. The red, white and black colour scheme is just awesome.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:48 am

michelle_s wrote:My new ride. I think I'm more in love with this bike than my boyfriend!
Makes sense, he'd have to be pretty damn hot to compete with that! :lol:
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:17 am

michelle_s wrote:My new ride. I think I'm more in love with this bike than my boyfriend!
Fair enough

Why would your boyfriend like your bike more than you do..? :wink:

Cul

Postby Cul » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:23 am

Here is mine...

My "New" Norco CRR SL I just recently built up with full Ultegra 6700, and Cosmic Carbon SL wheels. Love the ride compaired to my old TCR Alliance, so much stiffer and the thing just gets up and goes when you start hammering on the pedals.

My MTB, Titus Racer-X Ti, predominantly Shimano XT build, its due to get some upgrades over the MTB Endurance "off season".
(I've since slammed the stem :P )
My Training & Racing Blog: http://mountainbikemediocrity.wordpress.com
Fuelled By: Pro4mance

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:24 am

Cul wrote:Here is mine...

My "New" Norco CRR SL I just recently built up with full Ultegra 6700, and Cosmic Carbon SL wheels. Love the ride compaired to my old TCR Alliance, so much stiffer and the thing just gets up and goes when you start hammering on the pedals.
Cul, your chain is too short, doesn't even look like you are on big/big either, which would stretch it even further.

adrian_d

Postby adrian_d » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:10 pm

Crawf wrote:

Cul, your chain is too short, doesn't even look like you are on big/big either, which would stretch it even further.
x2 I had the same issue when I first put my chain on the bike. You might be able to get away with a chain extender but i'd just get a new chain it wouldn't cost much.

Such a nice bike though. Absoute piece of art

Cul

Postby Cul » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:55 pm

adrian_d wrote:
Crawf wrote:

x2 I had the same issue when I first put my chain on the bike. You might be able to get away with a chain extender but i'd just get a new chain it wouldn't cost much.

Such a nice bike though. Absoute piece of art
Chain has since been fixed lads, seat has also been lowered a touch to suit my short yet muscular legs :wink:

Thanks for the compliments on it, its a joy to ride and looks great to boot.
My Training & Racing Blog: http://mountainbikemediocrity.wordpress.com
Fuelled By: Pro4mance

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:07 pm

:D

TonyMax

Postby TonyMax » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:11 am

I thought I should put a photo up of my fitness hack. I've put 860km on this in the last three months, mostly around Lake Tuggeranong at lunch times.

I'm looking forward to riding the roadie on longer rides, including some during my 4 weeks leave coming up soon, but this one will probably stay at work for lunch time training.

Cheers,

Tony