Page 185 of 315

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:42 pm
by ldrcycles
15wilsonwu wrote:
Baldy wrote:In what way? If they are just heavy they will make good training wheels. Train heavy,race light as they say.


Every component of the wheel is too heavy and the hubs are rubbish. Rubbing sandpaper across rocks are easier than trying to spin the wheels.


I'm assuming they're loose bearing, they may just need greasing and adjusting? I say just but i remember the first time i tried to do it, horrible experience. Easy as pie with practice. That said, with the frame looking good and running 105 shifting they would need to cut costs somewhere. What are you getting to replace them?

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:58 pm
by 15wilsonwu
ldrcycles wrote:
15wilsonwu wrote:
Baldy wrote:In what way? If they are just heavy they will make good training wheels. Train heavy,race light as they say.


Every component of the wheel is too heavy and the hubs are rubbish. Rubbing sandpaper across rocks are easier than trying to spin the wheels.


I'm assuming they're loose bearing, they may just need greasing and adjusting? I say just but i remember the first time i tried to do it, horrible experience. Easy as pie with practice. That said, with the frame looking good and running 105 shifting they would need to cut costs somewhere. What are you getting to replace them?


I am custom building mine.

Rims - XR-200

Hubs - Front - UltraLight Front Hub
Rear - SuperLight Rear Hub

Spokes - Front - Sapim Laser
Rear - Sapim CX-Ray

Nipples - Sapin 12mm Brass

The total weight is 1,266.8 grams without cassett, rim tape, tubes and tyres.

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:08 pm
by ldrcycles
No way, that's an upgrade and a half!

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:36 pm
by 15wilsonwu
ldrcycles wrote:No way, that's an upgrade and a half!


Huh? what do you mean?

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:55 pm
by ldrcycles
I mean that is going to be an awesome wheelset, the difference between that and the stock wheels :shock: .

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:11 pm
by 15wilsonwu
ldrcycles wrote:I mean that is going to be an awesome wheelset, the difference between that and the stock wheels :shock: .


Definitly! Originally, I was going with the Pro-Lite Braccianos but then a very friendly user recommended me to go with custom. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:38 pm
by bosvit
Any chance we can get back to posting pictures of bikes?

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:38 am
by ZepinAtor
bosvit wrote:Any chance we can get back to posting pictures of bikes?


Why on earth would you want that ?

Come on then show us your bike. I'd show you mine, but it hasn't changed over the past 8 months & the only new one is a big old dirty MTB which has it's own little show time thread.

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:47 am
by Kenzo
bosvit wrote:Any chance we can get back to posting pictures of bikes?

there's a poster in this thread who has a pic of one or two of the same bikes posted on every page for the last few months... At least this discussion is new .... ;-)

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:35 am
by jaseyjase
Image

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:37 pm
by yarravalleyplodder
New Bar Tape new photos :D
Image
Image
Image

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:06 pm
by bosvit
Kenzo wrote:there's a poster in this thread who has a pic of one or two of the same bikes posted on every page for the last few months... At least this discussion is new .... ;-)

And they were very clean on each occasion too..... :wink: :lol:

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:28 pm
by 15wilsonwu
yarravalleyplodder wrote:New Bar Tape new photos :D
Image
Image
Image


Is the frame Alloy?

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:22 am
by visrealm
This used to be my ride before getting a road bike, then it became my commuter:
Image

Then decided to give mountain biking a go, so she got a minor transformation:
Image

Post-ride shot
Image

Changes include:
    Front - Maxxis Ignitor UST 26 x 2.1"
    Rear - Maxxis CrossMark UST 26 x 2.1"
    SPD's
    Lost the "couch" saddle
    Lost the bar ends

Since trying mountain biking (6 rides total), I've had several stacks, injuries include many scrapes and a broken rib.. but man it's fantastic fun. :D

Due to this transformation I've kinda lost my commuter, so will be looking for a dedicated commuter in coming months.. n + 1 :)

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:24 pm
by DTdotcom
Love seeing bikes well used!

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:25 pm
by jasonc
visrealm wrote:Due to this transformation I've kinda lost my commuter, so will be looking for a dedicated commuter in coming months.. n + 1 :)


or just get a second wheelset (but n+1 is cool too)

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:43 pm
by visrealm
jasonc wrote:
visrealm wrote:Due to this transformation I've kinda lost my commuter, so will be looking for a dedicated commuter in coming months.. n + 1 :)


or just get a second wheelset (but n+1 is cool too)


Yeah, I'm thinking flats, mudgards, racks, etc. too though.

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:56 pm
by jaseyjase
day pics

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:42 pm
by adrian_d
Wow that is delicious..... I love it.

What an awesome package

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:38 pm
by schroeds
Hay Rabo, wondering about those American Classic Wheel, same sooo close to getting some, they're amazing value, just wasn't sure about the aesthetics...how are you finding them, and can you post a couple more pics of the bike with them on

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:37 pm
by rabobank89
Sexy BMC Jase, not to mention some nice artistic shots :)

schroeds wrote:Hay Rabo, wondering about those American Classic Wheel, same sooo close to getting some, they're amazing value, just wasn't sure about the aesthetics...how are you finding them, and can you post a couple more pics of the bike with them on


I have only tried them on one ride and they are a fantastic wheel. Fast, good in cross winds. Great training wheel!

Only downside I found to the wheels was the narrow braking surface..

As requested;

Image
Image
Image

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:55 pm
by yarravalleyplodder
15wilsonwu wrote:
yarravalleyplodder wrote:New Bar Tape new photos :D


Is the frame Alloy?

Yep, certainly is, carbon forks though

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:03 pm
by jasonc
rabobank89 wrote:Image
Image
Image


as it's almost the same bike, I'll send you a box and once you've finished with those wheels I'll pay for postage to Brisbane - they won't know the difference

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:31 pm
by hitchhiker
jaseyjase wrote:Image


Now that is nice! I would like one of those frames

Re: Bike Gallery

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:30 pm
by DTdotcom
The old:
Image

The new:
Image