Bike Gallery

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby briztoon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:20 am

I thought it would more likely depend on the UCI approving them for the WT.
Image
briztoon
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Belmont, Brisbane

by BNA » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:42 pm

BNA
 

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Croweater » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:42 pm

How do you post pictures?

I attemped to upload a photo of my bike, but it didn't seem to work.
2013 Wilier GranTurismo- Dura Ace/Ultegra
2011 Orbea Carpe- Sora/Tiagra

Peter Sagan showman appreciator!
Croweater
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:15 pm
Location: St. Georges, South Australia

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby jasonc » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Croweater wrote:How do you post pictures?

I attemped to upload a photo of my bike, but it didn't seem to work.


upload it here:
http://img.acianetmedia.com/

and post the link (it'll even give you a "BB forum link" with the code already encapsulated that you just copy and paste in
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6013
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Croweater » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Thanks mate.

So here's a couple of photo's of my Wilier GranTurismo with Dura Ace/Ultegra groupset. Also threw on a pair of Fulcrum Racing 3's for good measure.

Rides like a dream.


Image Image
2013 Wilier GranTurismo- Dura Ace/Ultegra
2011 Orbea Carpe- Sora/Tiagra

Peter Sagan showman appreciator!
Croweater
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:15 pm
Location: St. Georges, South Australia

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Emjay57 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:55 pm

Nice I love my Fulcrum R3s, just roll forever.

Here's my recent addition.
Image
Image
TCR Adv 0 - 2013
Image
Emjay57
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Penrith NSW

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Croweater » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:14 am

Emjay57 wrote:Nice I love my Fulcrum R3s, just roll forever.

Here's my recent addition.
Image
Image


Yeah, they're fantastic.

I'm a pretty practical spender. I'll spend the money, I just want a good product for a reasonable price.

The hubs are great, the aero spokes are fantastic, the wheels are pretty damn light, they're stiff but not at all harsh.

I tried the 3's, 1's and the Zero's and I could not see much difference between the 3's, 1's and Zero's. Certainly not $700 difference anyway! Haha.
2013 Wilier GranTurismo- Dura Ace/Ultegra
2011 Orbea Carpe- Sora/Tiagra

Peter Sagan showman appreciator!
Croweater
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:15 pm
Location: St. Georges, South Australia

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Emjay57 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:21 am

Haha, yeah I looked at the R1s myself, I like the R3s better.

I think the no rim tape in the R3s is great, had one flat in 4000km on there and that was glass straight through the tread.
The R3s rims have a nice low whirring sound too.
TCR Adv 0 - 2013
Image
Emjay57
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Penrith NSW

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby munga » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:27 am

Dan wrote:First foray into aluminium. CAAD7. 2nd generation ergo - Centaur 10s. Some interim Khamsins. Deda bars/stem, Cinelli post, San Marco Concor. Haven't weighed it - guessing about 8 1/2 kg as is.

Image


needs more garage door #youredoingitwrong
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
User avatar
munga
 
Posts: 6643
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: wowe

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby munga » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:31 am

on the subject of old bikes ;)

Image
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
User avatar
munga
 
Posts: 6643
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: wowe

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Dan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:46 am

I have no garage door!
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby adamr » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:54 am

Paul B wrote:Speaking of disc brakes... the mechanic at my lbs reckons that disc brakes could be in use at the TDF as early as next year. Either way, he says it is inevitable that rim brakes will go the way of the dinosaur. So I am guessing that my next bike will be DI2 and disc brake equipped. Quite a revolution. And even if his forecast is over optimistic, I am sure most would agree that it is certain to happen in the near future. I must say that when I bought my GT MTB, the first experience I had with hydraulic disc brakes, I was amazed at their stopping power.


But what is the point? Rim brakes can lock up a road bike tyre easily enough. Good rim brakes are well modulated. The only possible advantage I see is when used with carbon rims in the wet, when some wheel and rim brake combination have no stopping power. But then you negate half the purpose of lightweight rims.
adamr
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Dimis » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:11 am

adamr wrote:
But what is the point? Rim brakes can lock up a road bike tyre easily enough. Good rim brakes are well modulated. The only possible advantage I see is when used with carbon rims in the wet, when some wheel and rim brake combination have no stopping power. But then you negate half the purpose of lightweight rims.


The point is 2 fold.

1) it isn't solely about weight, but (peripheral weight) inertia. It therefore allows you (general public) to run lighter rimmed carbon clinches, as they don't have to build the rim with extra layers for carbon and resin to dissipate the heat build up. Particularly important on descents.

2) "they" get to keep themselves employed by selling people more stuff they don't need. ;)
Dimis
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby gossy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:13 pm

munga wrote:on the subject of old bikes ;)

Image



Nice bike, my brother had one of them stolen from his garage 10 years ago. :(

Brought back some nice memories.
gossy
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:45 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby munga » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:56 pm

sorry to hear about that, gossy, but glad to have taken you down memory lane momentarily.
this one is full superbe pro, as the pro's might have used, were they not actually using campag..
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
User avatar
munga
 
Posts: 6643
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: wowe

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby antipodean » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:01 pm

2013 Oppy SL - Size S
DA7900

Image
2013 Oppy SL
2013 Boardman CX Pro
2012 KHS Yuma 29er
antipodean
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:48 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby rabobank89 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:27 pm

^^ Nice..

How does it ride? Seems to be a few framesets/complete SL's on sale..
User avatar
rabobank89
 
Posts: 940
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:20 am
Location: Perth

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby HAKS » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:31 pm

rabobank89 wrote:^^ Nice..

How does it ride? Seems to be a few framesets/complete SL's on sale..


+2. Seem a lot of framesets going on ebay/bike exchange and grabbing one has crossed my mind
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)
User avatar
HAKS
 
Posts: 2324
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:28 pm
Location: Canberra, AUS

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:21 pm

munga wrote:on the subject of old bikes ;)

Image


Should be in the big ring #you'redoingitwrongtoo :D
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 6680
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby antipodean » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:37 pm

HAKS wrote:
rabobank89 wrote:^^ Nice..

How does it ride? Seems to be a few framesets/complete SL's on sale..


+2. Seem a lot of framesets going on ebay/bike exchange and grabbing one has crossed my mind


Loving the ride, feels really light but not twitchy at all. Only 2 rides so far got wet both times.
Bought the frame from Bikeforce $699+$50 freight (to Tassie)
2013 Oppy SL
2013 Boardman CX Pro
2012 KHS Yuma 29er
antipodean
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:48 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:21 pm

ldrcycles wrote:
munga wrote:on the subject of old bikes ;)

Image


Should be in the big ring #you'redoingitwrongtoo :D

:lol:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 25812
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby maninlycra » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:45 pm

antipodean wrote:2013 Oppy SL - Size S
DA7900

Image




That is a beautiful bike
maninlycra
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:15 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby The 2nd Womble » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:56 am

Lukeyboy wrote:
Paul B wrote:Speaking of disc brakes... the mechanic at my lbs reckons that disc brakes could be in use at the TDF as early as next year. Either way, he says it is inevitable that rim brakes will go the way of the dinosaur. So I am guessing that my next bike will be DI2 and disc brake equipped. Quite a revolution. And even if his forecast is over optimistic, I am sure most would agree that it is certain to happen in the near future. I must say that when I bought my GT MTB, the first experience I had with hydraulic disc brakes, I was amazed at their stopping power.


Depends how light they can make them.

The manufacturers represented by the ProTour teams can easily build bikes lighter than the UCI's 6.8kg weight limit. Discs won't make any difference to that. Besides, now that they look set to make an entry into professional road racing you'll see lighter, better 10 piston Carbo-Tanium disc brake systems from god knows how many different brands.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
User avatar
The 2nd Womble
 
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby jasonc » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:11 am

The 2nd Womble wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:
Paul B wrote:Speaking of disc brakes... the mechanic at my lbs reckons that disc brakes could be in use at the TDF as early as next year. Either way, he says it is inevitable that rim brakes will go the way of the dinosaur. So I am guessing that my next bike will be DI2 and disc brake equipped. Quite a revolution. And even if his forecast is over optimistic, I am sure most would agree that it is certain to happen in the near future. I must say that when I bought my GT MTB, the first experience I had with hydraulic disc brakes, I was amazed at their stopping power.


Depends how light they can make them.

The manufacturers represented by the ProTour teams can easily build bikes lighter than the UCI's 6.8kg weight limit. Discs won't make any difference to that. Besides, now that they look set to make an entry into professional road racing you'll see lighter, better 10 piston Carbo-Tanium disc brake systems from god knows how many different brands.


http://www.canyon.com/_en/technology/project68.html

PROJECT 6.8

Canyon is the first manufacturer in the world to develop a road race bike which features hydraulic disc brakes that are controlled by the brake/shift levers. Thanks to this technology the safety of bike racers is significantly raised as disc brakes clearly function better than traditional brake systems on wet courses and on long descents. They also radically reduce the wear on the rims. The weight of the complete bike – despite being extremely robust – is still under the UCI limit of 6.8kg.


note: the above is a few years old, but still relevant.
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6013
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Slowcoach » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:18 am

Croweater wrote:Thanks mate.

So here's a couple of photo's of my Wilier GranTurismo with Dura Ace/Ultegra groupset. Also threw on a pair of Fulcrum Racing 3's for good measure.

Rides like a dream.


Image Image


'Greengrocer Cycling' - is that the shop down Goulburn way?
Goal:ride to work >2times per week for next 6 months - starting September 23rd2013
User avatar
Slowcoach
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Croweater » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:36 am

Slowcoach wrote:
Croweater wrote:Thanks mate.

So here's a couple of photo's of my Wilier GranTurismo with Dura Ace/Ultegra groupset. Also threw on a pair of Fulcrum Racing 3's for good measure.

Rides like a dream.


Image Image


'Greengrocer Cycling' - is that the shop down Goulburn way?


It sure is.

Got the bike posted over as I live in Eastern Adelaide. They have the best prices. There is a Wilier dealer near my place on The Parade in Norwood, but they don't move on the price at all.

So I got myself a great deal from Greengrocer!
2013 Wilier GranTurismo- Dura Ace/Ultegra
2011 Orbea Carpe- Sora/Tiagra

Peter Sagan showman appreciator!
Croweater
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:15 pm
Location: St. Georges, South Australia

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hannos, JohnJoyner, Nate



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit