Bike Gallery

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby nezumi » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Hopefully this works.

My new commuter, bought on Saturday. Still waiting on SPD pedals and SKS Longboards. I have an MTX bag to go onto that rack, although I'm not totally happy with the fit of the rack.
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4

I am a Merida Ambassador - ask me why I love them enough to volunteer for this! :)
nezumi

by BNA » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:38 pm

BNA

Postby hosko » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:38 pm

My Birthday today! and after 3 years on the Allez, managed to find something in the budget that was full carbon, Di2 and is very nice to ride.

Bike snobs will not like this one being a Malvern Star, however I certainly do :) Ultegra Di2 with a few changes to the stock - Compact Cranks, 11-28, Selle Italia "Most" Seat

Yes I know it's not one of their great seats, but the shop asked if I wanted that or the original one. This one is a heck of a lot more comfy!

New pedals are on their way from Wiggle so just waiting for them. Mavic Aksium wheels and also have my other set of RS80's anyway. Both have 11-28 so easy when changing wheel sets.

2013 Malvern Star Oppy Di2
hosko

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:05 pm

hosko wrote:My Birthday today! and after 3 years on the Allez, managed to find something in the budget that was full carbon, Di2 and is very nice to ride.

Bike snobs will not like this one being a Malvern Star, however I certainly do :) Ultegra Di2 with a few changes to the stock - Compact Cranks, 11-28, Selle Italia "Most" Seat

Yes I know it's not one of their great seats, but the shop asked if I wanted that or the original one. This one is a heck of a lot more comfy!

New pedals are on their way from Wiggle so just waiting for them. Mavic Aksium wheels and also have my other set of RS80's anyway. Both have 11-28 so easy when changing wheel sets.

Looks nice!
Dan

Postby Dimis » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:12 pm

hosko wrote:My Birthday today! and after 3 years on the Allez, managed to find something in the budget that was full carbon, Di2 and is very nice to ride.

Happy birthday!!
... And congrats. :)

Am I still a bike snob if I tell you the only thing I don't like about your bike is the Di2?
:p

Enjoy
Dimis

Postby hosko » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Dimis wrote:Happy birthday!!
... And congrats. :)

Am I still a bike snob if I tell you the only thing I don't like about your bike is the Di2?
:p

Enjoy

Thanks guys! Nar ya not a snob. It was more about the stigma some people have with the brand. Have seen a few comments floated around.

I find it amusing as the Malvern Star's haven't done too bad in this years NRS, however even the mechanic at the bike shop said "I like them but even I wouldn't ride one..."

They have I feel an obligation I suppose to prop up their more expensive brands.

I do love the Di2 shifting....wow. Apparently the Campag one is a bit of a b!tch to work on according to the LBS.
2013 Malvern Star Oppy Di2
hosko

Postby giantcfr1 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:51 pm

This is my 2004 Orbea Mitis out on an early morning ride a couple of weeks ago
(well half of it)

giantcfr1

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:04 pm

Wow, that's actually the first Orbea I've ever seen that I like the look of!
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
ldrcycles

Postby giantcfr1 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:14 pm

ldrcycles wrote:Wow, that's actually the first Orbea I've ever seen that I like the look of!

Thank you. It's one of the alloy models (carbon stays) from the Basque region, before they moved manufacturing to China.
giantcfr1

Postby briztoon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:07 am

Nice bike and nice scenery. You'll have to put some effort in to thinking of spots where you can take some full bike shots. 8)
briztoon

Postby Slowcoach » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:28 am

Actually I don't mind the look of that saddle at all. Profile wise looks very much like the FIZIK Airone - which is one of the most popular seats going around for a good reason IMO
Goal:ride to work >2times per week for next 6 months - starting September 23rd2013
Slowcoach

Postby Slowcoach » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:30 am

....and otherwise a really nice no nonsense bike (although the electronic shifting not my cup of tea - must be my version of the inner bike snob you are referring to ;)
Goal:ride to work >2times per week for next 6 months - starting September 23rd2013
Slowcoach

Postby CXCommuter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:13 pm

My 2011 Jamis Eclipse (not quite complete- needed bar tape and changed to a Garmin 510). Reynolds 853 Steel, Sram Red/Force, Ritchey/Easton parts, Bracciano wheelset. Estimated low to mid 7 kilos. Fast and classy (unlike me) :oops:

CXCommuter

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:24 pm

CXCommuter wrote:My 2011 Jamis Eclipse...

Damn! Where's that bloody "LIKE" button gone?
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Zynster » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:10 pm

New tires on the Farrago. Thanks Munga.
Next thing on the list is some new cranks.
Fausto Coppi Reparto Corse | Giant Farrago Cross
Zynster

Postby CXCommuter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
CXCommuter wrote:My 2011 Jamis Eclipse...

Damn! Where's that bloody "LIKE" button gone?

Thanks for the comment- must say I loved researching, buying and putting it all together- only thing left to do is get the steerer cut once I get the height sorted (almost there).
CXCommuter

Postby booge » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:03 am

I'll be expecting a ride report on the Jamis once it's ready to ride. Always wanted an Eclipse but wife won't allow another bike.
booge

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:34 am

Zynster wrote:New tires on the Farrago. Thanks Munga.
Next thing on the list is some new cranks.

Looks rad, D. I have just the thing for you, too - white & tan.
Dan

Postby CXCommuter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:52 am

apologies the bike was completed about 6 weeks ago, posting this made me realise I had no up to date photos (too busy riding). So apologies again for the double post but took some photos at home and on the way in this morning (at Lake Monger which appears to be a regular photo spot for those in Perth NOR).

What can I say about the ride- it is fast without comprising ride quality, as happy pulling out a 110km ride (last Monday) as a short sharp 20km commute on rough concrete paths. Three items left to fiddle with, cut the steerer, put some rubber donuts on the down tube as the cables can twang a bit on rough ground and adjust the front derailleur (just put a chain catcher on to hopefully protect the frame and need to readjust the derailleur), otherwise an absolute blast and light. Note it is not really a sprinters bike but a good all rounders/climbing bike
CXCommuter

Postby redcorpsjames » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Very nice, but can you please put some white bar tape on the bars.
Merida Scultura 905 2013
cell messenger fixie 2013
redcorpsjames

Postby VRE » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:27 pm

giantcfr1 wrote:This is my 2004 Orbea Mitis out on an early morning ride a couple of weeks ago
(well half of it)

I like the look of where you were riding :D . Just out of curiosity, how do motorists in Japan get on with cyclists?
VRE

Postby giantcfr1 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:51 pm

VRE wrote:... Just out of curiosity, how do motorists in Japan get on with cyclists?

Much different to back home on the Gold Coast.
The reason may be becuase the majority of drivers are in fact also cyclists. I have never had anyone abuse me or swerve at me here. Blowing the horn does occur, but is a different fashion. It's not a BLAST, more like a toot, advising caution if the car is passing on a narrow street.
BTW I'm only speaking out of experience in my city Kyoto. I've never ridden in Tokyo, and only once in Osaka.
giantcfr1

Postby CXCommuter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:11 pm

giantcfr1 wrote:
VRE wrote:... Just out of curiosity, how do motorists in Japan get on with cyclists?

The reason may be becuase the majority of drivers are in fact also cyclists. I have never had anyone abuse me or swerve at me here. Blowing the horn does occur, but is a different fashion. It's not a BLAST, more like a toot, advising caution if the car is passing on a narrow street.
BTW I'm only speaking out of experience in my city Kyoto. I've never ridden in Tokyo, and only once in Osaka.

Firstly lucky bugger to be living in Kyoto been twice and love the atmosphere/scenery but can be rather touristy, family in law is from Nagoya and must say I agree with you, cycling is an integral part of the culture and pretty much everyone has a mamachari. Looking forward to next visit actually (for family and to visit bike shops and Tackle Shops)
CXCommuter

Postby visrealm » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:58 pm

Finally got to take some shots of my new commuter - 2013 Specialized Secteur Expert Disc. (Disc Roadie)

I've added:
- Topeak Explorer disc-specific rack
- SKS Chromoplastic 35mm guards
- Shimano A530 (dual sided) SPD's
- AY-UP headlight (borrowed from the roadie).

Absolute joy for my regular commute from Crafers (Adelaide Hills) to Adelaide CBD. Similar to a CX I suppose, however it's running 28mm slicks. Probably has the clearance for semi off-road 35's, however my regular route is all bitumen.

The guards took some time to fit (probably 3 hours all up), but the rack was cake.

Cheers

Troy
'12 Avanti Cadent 1.0 (Roadie)
'13 Specialized Secteur Disc (Commuter)
'04 Giant Yukon (MTB)
visrealm

Postby munga » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:26 am

giantcfr1 wrote:

my brother lives in yokohama, and says he won't ride on the roads back home when he visits. thinks i'm mad for riding a road bike.
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
munga

Postby PommieYeti » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Here is my first Road bike :D

Got it from Gumtree here in Perth, its got carbon forks and rear seat stays are carbon, full ultegra groupset (not that i would be able to tell difference from cheaper sets) the front levers have ultegra flightdeck printed on them as well as the bike computer, And its got little press indents on the inside of the levers in the rubber hoods, not sure what these do ?

just need the shoes now to fit the pedals,I've ridden it around the block with my trainers/sneakers on, the gears and brakes will need a little getting used to( last time i was on a racer the gears were on the frame down tube :oops: ) but other than that it rides really smooth, thinking of getting it serviced before i go riding whats the average price of a service and anyone know any good ones in Perth Midland area.

just waiting for my mate to get his reid falco elite and we can start doing a little riding, slowly and steady to begin with :)

PommieYeti
PommieYeti

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion