Bike Gallery

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:51 pm

g-boaf wrote:
Scott233 wrote:Yep it's marks old one. I have only had it about a week.


It's very nice! 8)

I only changed the stem on my Giant for a 90mm carbon job. Much prefer the slightly shorter stem:

Image

If that's not the bulkiest stem in the world, I don't know what is. I was initially going to put FSA Plasma Black/white/green bars on it since they match the scheme of the bike perfectly, but the $600+ cost put me off that. :shock:


Mines bigger!
Image
:P :P :P :lol:
Image

jasonc
Posts: 8362
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby jasonc » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:53 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Mines bigger!
Image
:P :P :P :lol:

and typically all held together by ELASTIC BANDS. get a proper mount

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:57 pm

Can't :( Aerobars. It's basically the shape of an airplane wing. Very difficult to fine external mounts for them. Notice how far they stick forward and behind from the standard handlebar mount attachment.
Image

jasonc
Posts: 8362
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby jasonc » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Can't :( Aerobars.


I did see that. just found an excuse to stir you up and took it. looks like you need to find someone with a 3D printer

http://fairwheelbikes.com/forum/viewtop ... f=6&t=8842 (there are other ones of these around)

or the 3T mount with integrated garmin mount

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Haha. Yeah, I've seen a few alternatives but I really can't be arsed mucking around with them. The awful brakes I need to do something about though :P
Image

Le Mong
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Le Mong » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Can't :( Aerobars. It's basically the shape of an airplane wing. Very difficult to fine external mounts for them. Notice how far they stick forward and behind from the standard handlebar mount attachment.


Try to get one of these.

Image

Image

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... &start=120

Or damage the wallet with.

Image


Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 4

User avatar
g-boaf
Posts: 6738
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby g-boaf » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:25 pm

jasonc wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:Can't :( Aerobars.


I did see that. just found an excuse to stir you up and took it. looks like you need to find someone with a 3D printer

http://fairwheelbikes.com/forum/viewtop ... f=6&t=8842 (there are other ones of these around)

or the 3T mount with integrated garmin mount


You never used to be able to use the 3T Integra LTD stem with Giant bikes, it just didn't fit.

Le Mong's suggestion first suggestion is a good one.

Mulger bill wrote:
g-boaf wrote:If that's not the bulkiest stem in the world, I don't know what is.

Image


Good god! :shock: :shock: :shock: Yikes. :shock:

jasonc
Posts: 8362
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby jasonc » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:28 pm

g-boaf wrote:You never used to be able to use the 3T Integra LTD stem with Giant bikes, it just didn't fit.

Le Mong's suggestion first suggestion is a good one.


ah yes you are correct re the stem - 1 1/4" headset (vs 1 1/8")

and I suggested that stem that Le Mong showed first :cry:

User avatar
g-boaf
Posts: 6738
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby g-boaf » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:34 pm

jasonc wrote:
g-boaf wrote:You never used to be able to use the 3T Integra LTD stem with Giant bikes, it just didn't fit.

Le Mong's suggestion first suggestion is a good one.


ah yes you are correct re the stem - 1 1/4" headset (vs 1 1/8")

and I suggested that stem that Le Mong showed first :cry:


Can you guess how I know that? :lol: I had it on my other bike, thought about transferring it. Unfortunately not. :(

User avatar
ldrcycles
Posts: 8140
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:58 pm

g-boaf wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:
g-boaf wrote:If that's not the bulkiest stem in the world, I don't know what is.

Image


Good god! :shock: :shock: :shock: Yikes. :shock:


I don't know if that's bulkier, but it's definitely uglier :) .
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.

User avatar
Dan
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:30 pm

I reckon if you were riding that look, the appearance of the stem would be the last thing on your mind...

Le Mong
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Le Mong » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Dan wrote:I reckon if you were riding that look, the appearance of the stem would be the last thing on your mind...


The aching wallet?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 4

Paul B
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:51 pm
Location: Hobart

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Paul B » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:45 pm

Dan wrote:I reckon if you were riding that look, the appearance of the stem would be the last thing on your mind...


It is a little out of context, isolating it in that way. Overall, the Look bikes are quite aesthetically appealing.

User avatar
Dan
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:46 pm

Exactly. And the knowledge that you could make bar adjustments without affecting the headset bearing preload. Woop.

User avatar
ldrcycles
Posts: 8140
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:13 pm

Dan wrote:Exactly. And the knowledge that you could make bar adjustments without affecting the headset bearing preload. Woop.


You can already do that, they're called quill stems. Look a damn sight better too :D .
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.

User avatar
HAKS
Posts: 2348
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:28 pm
Location: Canberra, AUS

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby HAKS » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:25 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Can't :( Aerobars. It's basically the shape of an airplane wing. Very difficult to fine external mounts for them. Notice how far they stick forward and behind from the standard handlebar mount attachment.


Might want to keep an eye on Bar Fly in the coming months. They showed this at Interbike just recently. Couldn't find many details but appears to mount between the stem face plate so might work with Giants stem.

Image
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

User avatar
g-boaf
Posts: 6738
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby g-boaf » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:11 pm

ldrcycles wrote:
I don't know if that's bulkier, but it's definitely uglier :) .


It is certainly different. The one above might be too narrow to work with the Giant stem going by the look of it. Just had a look at mine and it is much, much wider.

The 90mm stem feels like it was the right choice after a longer ride today in the gusty conditions. I was feeling like the bars were a little bit too far forward. Yet I was able to drop a spacer out of the stack as well.

User avatar
jaseyjase
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby jaseyjase » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:25 pm

1994 2.8 / Force / F1s

Image

rabobank89
Posts: 1045
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby rabobank89 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:38 pm

^^ Nice. Your collection is getting larger..

slau73
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:32 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby slau73 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Specialized Venge Expert Di2 with Reynolds FortySix

Image

User avatar
munga
Posts: 6916
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:17 pm
Location: wowe
Contact:

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby munga » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:05 am

jaseyjase wrote:1994 2.8 / Force / F1s

Image


Like.
take my advice - i don't need it!

User avatar
Dan
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:53 am

ldrcycles wrote:
Dan wrote:Exactly. And the knowledge that you could make bar adjustments without affecting the headset bearing preload. Woop.


You can already do that, they're called quill stems. Look a damn sight better too :D .


FFS do I need a standing sarcasm alert?

jasonc
Posts: 8362
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby jasonc » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:49 am

slau73 wrote:Specialized Venge Expert Di2 with Reynolds FortySix

Image


I hate you.

Crunched
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Crunched » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:40 am

slau73 wrote:Specialized Venge Expert Di2 with Reynolds FortySix

Image


Now that is nice!

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:15 pm

Dan wrote:
ldrcycles wrote:
Dan wrote:Exactly. And the knowledge that you could make bar adjustments without affecting the headset bearing preload. Woop.


You can already do that, they're called quill stems. Look a damn sight better too :D .


FFS do I need a standing sarcasm alert?


Image
Image

Return to “General discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, northvegas_12, Patt0