Bike Gallery

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:37 pm

The price you pay for lightness :P
Image
User avatar
Lukeyboy
 
Posts: 2304
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Brisbane

by BNA » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:20 pm

BNA
 

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby mitchy_ » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:20 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:
That saddle looks like a cheese grater :lol:


It's actually quite comfy. Due to its Swiss cheese like nature, it flexes and conforms to my bum!
It's not carbon light, but I'm a little dubious of a solid carbon saddle.. Given saddles are so subjective and I like this one, it shall remain the only non-carbon item on the bike. :p
Designs by Mitch - drafting specialist.
User avatar
mitchy_
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby ZepinAtor » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:46 am

Image

Image

Image
Gas propulsion.......it's natural don't fight it.
User avatar
ZepinAtor
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: Brizzzzbane Everton Hillzzzz

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby brades68 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:42 am

Image

Pro-Lite Cuneo GP shod with Pro-Lite Vincenza Wheels.
Cheers
Mick
n = Specialized Tarmac SL4 (racing!), Prolite Cuneo GP (riding!)
n + 1 = Pro-Lite Trentino GP (track - woohoo)
User avatar
brades68
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:05 pm
Location: Rockhampton, CQ

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby mitchy_ » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:47 am

ZepinAtor wrote:Image


are your tyres on backwards?
Designs by Mitch - drafting specialist.
User avatar
mitchy_
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Blackrock » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:13 pm

They are compared to Mugglechops bike!
Your attention to detail and beautiful-bike-building lend me to think that you have a great design/artistic mind.
Bike: 2014 Merida Cyclocross 5

Find me on youtube and FB page; Merida Test Rider-Commuter Bikes.

www.merida.com.au
Blackrock
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:08 am
Location: Blacktown

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby ZepinAtor » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:20 pm

mitchy_ wrote:
are your tyres on backwards?


Rear tyre yes intentionally…………..front tyre oops……good spotting thanks :D now gives me an excuse to fix the front rim strip up which was the first experimental one out of 4.

Mind you grip was NOT a problem out on the trails today. Managed to ride up some seriously steep creek banks & loose gravel climbs with ease.
Gas propulsion.......it's natural don't fight it.
User avatar
ZepinAtor
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: Brizzzzbane Everton Hillzzzz

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby mitchy_ » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:31 pm

Blackrock wrote:They are compared to Mugglechops bike!
Your attention to detail and beautiful-bike-building lend me to think that you have a great design/artistic mind.


why thank you. i like to think my design skills and attention to detail is oh high quality, i often have clients commenting on it.

ZepinAtor wrote:Rear tyre yes intentionally…………..front tyre oops……good spotting thanks :D now gives me an excuse to fix the front rim strip up which was the first experimental one out of 4.


i thought the rear may have been as it often aids in grip, but wasn't sure if both were done in error as the front is usually designed that way to aid in braking!
Designs by Mitch - drafting specialist.
User avatar
mitchy_
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Le Mong » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:02 pm

mitchy_ wrote:haven't posted a proper picture of it in here. ;) (iphone doesn't count!)

Image

Image

Image

Image


Specs?
Le Mong
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby mitchy_ » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:56 pm

Le Mong wrote:Specs?


long and black. :lol:


Frame/Fork - Flyxii FR-602 Disc CX
Stem - Flyxii 80mm X -6°
Bars - Pro Vibe 44cm
Brakes -Avid BB7 S Road
Rotors - Avid HS1 160F/160R
Levers - Sram Red/Sram S900
Derailleur - Sram Rival 10 Speed Short Cage
Crank - Sram Red Black Edition
Chainring - FSA Gimondi 42t
Cassette - Shimano Ultegra 6700 10 Speed 11-28t
Rims - Light Bicycle 45mm U-Shaped Clinchers
Hubs - Novatec D711/D712
Spokes - Pillar Aero X-TRA 1420/Pillar PT 734
Tires - Continental Gatorskin 700x25c
Seat Post - Flyxii 31.6mm
Saddle - Tioga Spyder Twin Tail
Last edited by mitchy_ on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Designs by Mitch - drafting specialist.
User avatar
mitchy_
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Mugglechops » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:05 pm

ZepinAtor wrote:Image

Image

Image



I like the green. Good to see another one.
User avatar
Mugglechops
 
Posts: 2365
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Le Mong » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:15 pm

mitchy_ wrote:
Le Mong wrote:Specs?


long and black. :lol:


Frame/Fork - Flyxii FR-602 Disc CX
Stem - Flyxii 80mm X -6°
Bars - Pro Vibe 44cm
Brakes -Avid BB7 S Road
Rotors - Avid HS1 160F/160R
Levers - Sram Red/Sram S900
Derailleur - Sram Rival 10 Speed Short Cage
Crank - Sram Red Black Edition
Chainring - FSA Gimondi 42t
Cassette - Shimano Ultegra 6700 10 Speed 11-28t
Rims - Light Bicycle 45mm U-Shaped Clinchers
Hubs - Novatec D711/D712
Spokes - Pillar Aero X-TRA 1420/Pillar PT 734
Tires - Continental Gatorskin 700x25c
Seat Post - Flyxii 31.6mm
Saddle - Tioga Spyder Twin Tail


How does the Red/S900 combo feel?
Le Mong
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby mitchy_ » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Le Mong wrote:
mitchy_ wrote:
Le Mong wrote:Specs?


long and black. :lol:


Frame/Fork - Flyxii FR-602 Disc CX
Stem - Flyxii 80mm X -6°
Bars - Pro Vibe 44cm
Brakes -Avid BB7 S Road
Rotors - Avid HS1 160F/160R
Levers - Sram Red/Sram S900
Derailleur - Sram Rival 10 Speed Short Cage
Crank - Sram Red Black Edition
Chainring - FSA Gimondi 42t
Cassette - Shimano Ultegra 6700 10 Speed 11-28t
Rims - Light Bicycle 45mm U-Shaped Clinchers
Hubs - Novatec D711/D712
Spokes - Pillar Aero X-TRA 1420/Pillar PT 734
Tires - Continental Gatorskin 700x25c
Seat Post - Flyxii 31.6mm
Saddle - Tioga Spyder Twin Tail


How does the Red/S900 combo feel?


great, the current S900 lever is basically a gutted 2012/2013 Sram Red lever. same UD carbon brake lever blade, same hoods, etc.
Designs by Mitch - drafting specialist.
User avatar
mitchy_
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby aadhay » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:47 pm

Image

2012 Felt F5 :)
aadhay
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:08 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:46 pm

In need of a clean after yesterdays fun in the rain but the old girl is still going strong. Some nice DuraAce components might be going her way soon aswell.
Image
Image
User avatar
Lukeyboy
 
Posts: 2304
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby jasonc » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:16 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:In need of a clean after yesterdays fun in the rain but the old girl is still going strong. Some nice DuraAce components might be going her way soon aswell.


you can leave the old bits at my place?
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6064
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby leighthebee » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 am

I know these two aren't expensive, fast or light, but they're mine and still going strong. Well the hard rock is pretty much new despite being four years old.

According to STRAVA; Hardrock - 650klm, Roubaix - 4500klm

Image
User avatar
leighthebee
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby rkelsen » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:40 pm

mitchy_ wrote:Chainring - FSA Gimondi 42t
Cassette - Shimano Ultegra 6700 10 Speed 11-28t

Go the single! How do you find the 42t? Do you ever feel like you've run out of gears?
User avatar
rkelsen
 
Posts: 4342
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby mitchy_ » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:23 pm

rkelsen wrote:
mitchy_ wrote:Chainring - FSA Gimondi 42t
Cassette - Shimano Ultegra 6700 10 Speed 11-28t

Go the single! How do you find the 42t? Do you ever feel like you've run out of gears?


with the 11-28 cassette the range is almost identical to a 50/34 with a 11-23 cassette... i'm no speed racer though! i just love the simplicity of it.
Designs by Mitch - drafting specialist.
User avatar
mitchy_
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby eldavo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:19 pm

leighthebee wrote:I know these two aren't expensive, fast or light, but they're mine and still going strong. Well the hard rock is pretty much new despite being four years old.
According to STRAVA; Hardrock - 650klm, Roubaix - 4500klm

Don't beat yourself up, I've got original receipt from original owner of my new/unused shop clearance 2008 Roubaix S-Works Quikstep that was $8500 if you want a copy to go with your photo for insurance replacement value ;)
I'd have to use some stock photos though, as it now looks like this:
Image

Not been here for a while, this is the latest active ride though... not sure if it can be riding if there's no sitting though?
Image
eldavo
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby NhiTrac » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:15 am

eldavo wrote:
leighthebee wrote: as it now looks like this:
Image


:shock:
FOCUS Cayo Expert
NhiTrac
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby simurs4 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Heres my most recent purchase, sold my Scott Foil and now i'm on this, loving it so far. Only thing i wouldn't mind doing is chucking on a F9R front and Fast Forward Disc on the rear to finish it off.
first thing i did was ditch the 3T ski bends and got some nice Gamma extensions from TriRig, loving them so much more.

Image
Image

Need to get back into a roadie though soonish, something 90's oldschool, don't need anything fancy. hopefully will get on something soon.
simurs4
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby eldavo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:49 am

mitchy_ wrote:
Le Mong wrote:Specs?


long and black. :lol:


Frame/Fork - Flyxii FR-602 Disc CX
Stem - Flyxii 80mm X -6°
Bars - Pro Vibe 44cm
Brakes -Avid BB7 S Road
Rotors - Avid HS1 160F/160R
Levers - Sram Red/Sram S900
Derailleur - Sram Rival 10 Speed Short Cage
Crank - Sram Red Black Edition
Chainring - FSA Gimondi 42t
Cassette - Shimano Ultegra 6700 10 Speed 11-28t
Rims - Light Bicycle 45mm U-Shaped Clinchers
Hubs - Novatec D711/D712
Spokes - Pillar Aero X-TRA 1420/Pillar PT 734
Tires - Continental Gatorskin 700x25c
Seat Post - Flyxii 31.6mm
Saddle - Tioga Spyder Twin Tail


All white/black/carbon versions so far have impressed me, have you been into R/C? The purple anodized accents were the standard for "hop-ups" parts.
eldavo
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby kunama » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Wilier Gran Turismo (thanks 'openroader' )
Ultegra 6700, 6750- 50/34, BB9000, FSA K-Wing bars, Cinelli Kevlar Stem, SMP Glider saddle, RS80s, Conti GP4000/s


Image
kunama
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: Canberra

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby cavebear2 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:18 pm

Just a quick revisit to my custom Ti Burls RB
Image

Here is my new 2nd custom Ti Burls Audax RB - complete with Brooks C17 Cambium saddle, SKS P35 mudguards, Kinesis DC07 winter fork, Tomson Seat post and 6700 group set with Shimano R650 long drop brakes
note 3rd bidon holder on bottom of down tube
The 1st bike is my summer bike and the newest addition to my fleet is my long haul (brevets over 400km) and winter bike. (I won't always be living in Perth!)
Image

A peek at the Tubus Fly Rack..
Image

The Ti Stem
Image

The Ti Seat post clamp
Image
User avatar
cavebear2
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:46 am
Location: Perth

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cage, cancan64, Dirty32, human909, Kev365428, MSNbot Media, Shifter, slamtheman, zed



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit