Bike Gallery

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby open roader » Sun May 04, 2014 8:57 pm

My 20 cents worth says a stealth / muscular looking bike like this one does not run any tread / wall colour tyre other than black. :D
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking
User avatar
open roader
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Dueling Banjo Country

by BNA » Sun May 04, 2014 9:03 pm

BNA
 

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Hanibal » Sun May 04, 2014 9:03 pm

open roader wrote:My 20 cents worth says a stealth / muscular looking bike like this one does not run any tread / wall colour tyre other than black. :D


Amen!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hanibal
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 2:21 pm
Location: Penrith NSW

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Hanibal » Sun May 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Andy wrote:I know zilch about road bikes but that is stunning. Looks like HR Giger designed it. Especially that rear triangle.


That's quite a compliment. Thank you!
Hanibal
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 2:21 pm
Location: Penrith NSW

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Xplora » Sun May 04, 2014 10:07 pm

LOL
I was into stealth black a long long time before china carbon became a thing, I've just noticed a few bikes recently with pinstriping that seem to work really nicely with the sidewalls. I would not do it myself, but I wouldn't use handlebar tape that wasn't black either. ;)
Xplora
 
Posts: 5823
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 pm
Location: TL;DR

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Hanibal » Mon May 05, 2014 7:32 am

Xplora wrote:LOL
I was into stealth black a long long time before china carbon became a thing, I've just noticed a few bikes recently with pinstriping that seem to work really nicely with the sidewalls. I would not do it myself, but I wouldn't use handlebar tape that wasn't black either. ;)


Each to their own I guess. I see the practicality of using only black bar tape but I wanted to see a bit more Celeste on the bike. Might try black tape when the tape eventually needs replacing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hanibal
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 2:21 pm
Location: Penrith NSW

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Xplora » Mon May 05, 2014 1:23 pm

Each to their own is definitely the one... if you've got access to Photoshop, recolouring a couple things might make the decisions easier. Does Fizik do a black bartape with a Celeste green highlight stripe? I know they do a red stripe. I reckon a Celeste green seat, combined with the olid colour handlebar tape pushes the sidewall issue. Black seat, green highlight on black tape? Black tyres.

Anyways, we're spitballing and nothing else. Hanibal, you've got the nicest looking bike I've seen in quite a while 8) A supermodel is still a supermodel, whatever clothes they are wearing at the time :mrgreen: Hopefully see the beast out at the Regatta Centre!
Xplora
 
Posts: 5823
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 pm
Location: TL;DR

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Hanibal » Mon May 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Xplora wrote:Each to their own is definitely the one... if you've got access to Photoshop, recolouring a couple things might make the decisions easier. Does Fizik do a black bartape with a Celeste green highlight stripe? I know they do a red stripe. I reckon a Celeste green seat, combined with the olid colour handlebar tape pushes the sidewall issue. Black seat, green highlight on black tape? Black tyres.

Anyways, we're spitballing and nothing else. Hanibal, you've got the nicest looking bike I've seen in quite a while 8) A supermodel is still a supermodel, whatever clothes they are wearing at the time :mrgreen: Hopefully see the beast out at the Regatta Centre!


Lol. I love your analogy. What you see is the visualization of a bike that I have had in my head since the first iteration of the Oltre Nero was released. The only difference is that I originally had my heart set on a set of Mad Fibers.

Re colour selection; I really like this seat with a set of black bar tape.

Image

I couldn't find any two tone bar tape but I'd be happy keeping the black with this seat.

I haven't been out to the regatta for a while. I do most of my training around the northern rd and through Mulgoa. Will have to try and get out there over the next couple of weeks.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hanibal
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 2:21 pm
Location: Penrith NSW

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon May 05, 2014 4:29 pm

What kit do you wear on it??

Image

It's more green than blue in person.
Image
User avatar
Lukeyboy
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby nezumi » Mon May 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:What kit do you wear on it??

Image

It's more green than blue in person.


I still want that kit.

That and the skeleton/x-ray one. :D

http://muscleskinsuit.com/home/5-x-ray-long-suit.html
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4

I am a Merida Ambassador - ask me why I love them enough to volunteer for this! :)
nezumi
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Heidelberg, Melbourne

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby rpmspinman » Mon May 05, 2014 5:25 pm

Latest pic of my ride with recent purchase of Pro-Lite Bracciano A27's and FSA Gossamer compacts.
Image
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2011 Kona Dew Plus (commuter)
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 (road)
User avatar
rpmspinman
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:50 am
Location: on a chair in lycra

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Hanibal » Mon May 05, 2014 5:58 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:What kit do you wear on it??

Image

It's more green than blue in person.


That's one cool suit. But I'm a bit more conservative with my outfits.

Would be great for those early morning training rides before sunrise.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hanibal
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 2:21 pm
Location: Penrith NSW

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby mitchy_ » Mon May 05, 2014 6:59 pm

Hanibal wrote:Image


i'm a big Bianchi fan, but i'm more interested in the white SQ5! :lol:
Designs by Mitch - drafting specialist.
User avatar
mitchy_
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Hanibal » Mon May 05, 2014 7:38 pm

Yes, she's my other beast!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hanibal
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 2:21 pm
Location: Penrith NSW

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Xplora » Mon May 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Image

http://busymanbicycles.blogspot.com.au/ is the website. CUSTOM TAPE FROM OZ OMGosh OMGosh OMGosh OMGosh OMGosh :shock: :shock: :shock:

I make no apologies for being an enabler :mrgreen: Only for the extra large pic :roll:
Xplora
 
Posts: 5823
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 pm
Location: TL;DR

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Hanibal » Mon May 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Whoa! They are nice. Some of his saddles look fantastic too. Will have definitely be dropping some hints to the missus for Father's Day.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hanibal
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 2:21 pm
Location: Penrith NSW

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon May 05, 2014 9:33 pm

nezumi wrote:I still want that kit.


Do it!
Image
Image
User avatar
Lukeyboy
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Calvin27 » Mon May 05, 2014 10:38 pm

open roader wrote:My 20 cents worth says a stealth / muscular looking bike like this one does not run any tread / wall colour tyre other than black. :D


Did someone say stealth?

Image
Specialized Secteur Expert
Kona Hei Hei DL
Calvin27
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:45 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby bosvit » Mon May 05, 2014 11:06 pm

Calvin27 wrote:Did someone say stealth?

Image


Is that a minecraft bike?.... :roll:
User avatar
bosvit
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: Port Lincoln

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby rabobank89 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:24 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:
nezumi wrote:I still want that kit.


Do it!
Image


Did you pay $150?
User avatar
rabobank89
 
Posts: 923
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:20 am
Location: Perth

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue May 06, 2014 12:24 am

Indeed. But it never gets old riding back home after some TT practice in full tron aero kit flying past what seems like struggling commuters as one hand rests on the bars while the other hand rests under my chin with my elbow on the bar pad :P

Image

And yes the straps tuck into the helmet.
Image
User avatar
Lukeyboy
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby familyguy » Tue May 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Image

Malvern Star C5 in full ride fitout after Sunday morning maiden voyage with recently upgraded SRAM Force and new bartape. The XLR8/5700 wheels have settled in nicely after 600km.

Jim
User avatar
familyguy
 
Posts: 5053
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:30 pm
Location: Cromer, NSW

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Crawf » Tue May 06, 2014 4:17 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Indeed. But it never gets old riding back home after some TT practice in full tron aero kit flying past what seems like struggling commuters as one hand rests on the bars while the other hand rests under my chin with my elbow on the bar pad :P

Image

And yes the straps tuck into the helmet.


Now you look like your avatar! :)
Crawf
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue May 06, 2014 7:15 pm

Well there's a reason why I have an Alien on a bike as my avatar :P
Image
User avatar
Lukeyboy
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby moosterbounce » Wed May 07, 2014 12:21 am

Calvin27 wrote:
open roader wrote:My 20 cents worth says a stealth / muscular looking bike like this one does not run any tread / wall colour tyre other than black. :D


Did someone say stealth?

Image


"I only work in black. And sometimes a very dark grey."

Be the Batman!!
moosterbounce
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2458
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 8:06 pm
Location: Rivervale WA

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby PomBike » Wed May 07, 2014 1:52 am

familyguy wrote:Image

Malvern Star C5 in full ride fitout after Sunday morning maiden voyage with recently upgraded SRAM Force and new bartape. The XLR8/5700 wheels have settled in nicely after 600km.

Jim


That looks ace... awesome...


www.d2ride.co.uk
Road and Triathlon Bike Hire, Stafford, England http://www.d2ride.co.uk
User avatar
PomBike
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ironhanglider



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit