2017 - 18,000 KMs Road/Zwift combo.

Discodan

Re: 2017 - 18,000 KMs Road/Zwift combo.

Postby Discodan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:39 am

+1 to Zwift and TodaysPlan being a good combo. I've been playing with the 2 week TP trial and was manually exporting the TP workout file to Zwift (still easy to do), now that your next weeks' of workouts appear automatically in Zwift it's even easier. Interestingly the auto generated ones are using my old FTP, I may need to regenerate the training plan.

Now it's time to decide whether to commit fully to Today's Plan...

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:47 am

Discodan wrote:+1 to Zwift and TodaysPlan being a good combo. I've been playing with the 2 week TP trial and was manually exporting the TP workout file to Zwift (still easy to do), now that your next weeks' of workouts appear automatically in Zwift it's even easier. Interestingly the auto generated ones are using my old FTP, I may need to regenerate the training plan.

Now it's time to decide whether to commit fully to Today's Plan...

It helps when you have Queequeg's coach - who is an absolute top bloke.

Training Peaks you can also do workouts, but it's not so easy to put them into other apps, you've got to export the file as one of the many formats. I think Zwift is one of them, but I've only done Zwift once. Hated it, but was pretty quick up the mountain none the less. :)

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:16 am

I ended up doing Zwift again. Probably will use it once a week for a longer indoor training session. Nothing specific, just smash myself as much as possible.

thatmdee

Postby thatmdee » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:47 pm

Over the past few months, have done the 6 week beginner FTP builder plan, followed by the 4 week FTP booster plan.

I should have done more regular FTP tests, but it looks like I've gone from an FTP of 160w to 176w.. Still fairly low, but I'm happy with that. I was starting out from nothing and at least feel I have some base level fitness now.

Currently trying to decide on another plan to follow, but for now doing a lot of SST, McCarthy Special (ouch), High Intensity Recovery and other workouts in the 60 - 90 minute range.. Definitely feeling it a lot more after having adjusted up my FTP

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:15 pm

thatmdee wrote:I should have done more regular FTP tests, but it looks like I've gone from an FTP of 160w to 176w.. Still fairly low, but I'm happy with that. I was starting out from nothing and at least feel I have some base level fitness now.

Currently trying to decide on another plan to follow, but for now doing a lot of SST, McCarthy Special (ouch), High Intensity Recovery and other workouts in the 60 - 90 minute range.. Definitely feeling it a lot more after having adjusted up my FTP

That sounds awesome. Having a crack and getting fit. Gotta be happy with that :D Try getting into a few of the races for a bit of a challenge.

Return to “General Cycling Discussion”