Popular Bike Shops
- Posts: 164
- Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:30 am
- Location: Perth
Given this, I'll be aiming for 12k again in 2017 as I have found that 1k per month, every month, is a realistic target for me.
Looking forward to seeing the progress of others as well. All the best for 2017!
- Posts: 9369
- Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
- Location: Brisbane
skull wrote:I might need to get back into riding this year.
Dropping my expectations and aiming for 7k.
Skull - you may want join the 6k thread?
I'm in. I'll say 12k and aim to keep my run of 1000km months going (only one month below in the last 4 years)
- Posts: 769
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:51 pm
- Location: Hobart
- Posts: 2200
- Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:44 pm
- Location: Middle East, Melbourne
1k/month of commuting, and a bit left over for fun. Managed to start off well with a ride today, however it did highlight that I now lose fitness at a much faster rate than I used to...
- Posts: 3389
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
jasonc wrote:Lukeyboy wrote:15k for this year hopefully
How much climbing???
Not much for the start of this year but once the fitness is back hopefully somewhat a lot. Got the training rides over Mt Glorious and back via Mt Mee/Fernvale queued up
- Posts: 2275
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
- Location: Melbourne
Time to step up from the 6k club I suppose, wish me luck, and I'll try and get the progress bar updated.
I should be miles behind by mid Jan when I return to work and then I'll have to make it up over the rest of the year.
Cannondale Quick Speed 2, Allegro T1
- Posts: 329
- Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 2:46 pm
- Location: Melb - Werribee - City
- Posts: 1425
- Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 pm
- Location: West Gippy
- Posts: 1099
- Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
- Location: Guildford West, NSW
- Posts: 119
- Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:43 pm
I think bad diet (generally eating and drinking what ever I want when I want using cycling as an excuse to burn it off..) while trying to (badly) manage a chronic gastric condition and a total lack of any structure to include adequate rest days left me dropping in and out of some fitness plateau that I kept getting stuck in. While I wouldn't exactly call it overtraining.. I just call it a very bad training technique.
This year I'm aiming at cutting back to hit 10k, but trying to add some targeted intensity and enough slow recovery days.
- Posts: 146
- Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:39 pm
- Location: Narre Warren
Merida Scultura 904
Bianchi C2C Via Nirone
Specialized Hard Rock
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:06 pm
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.