2017 - 10k Plus Club

User avatar
kb
Posts: 2417
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby kb » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:21 pm

Rocky start this year but it looks like I’ll just scrape in before visiting the in-laws for Christmas
Image

jasonc
Posts: 9617
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby jasonc » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 pm

Finally hit 200k of elevation for the year
Image

TheWall
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby TheWall » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:27 pm

Finally made it to 100k elavation by adding 2k+ this morning - did a full course Buderim9 reco ride.

11268 distance ytd so 8klm behind the run rate for 12k. It is going to be close (fam commitments over Christmas). I think I am going to have to bust out a double metric at some point to bring it home.

User avatar
cancan64
Posts: 1672
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby cancan64 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:26 am

I passed 16,000 km and 250k elevation on Saturday. with 3 weeks to go I should end up around 17,500 km, subject to being able to handle Brisbane's weather next week
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

g-boaf
Posts: 9413
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:42 am

Well done all - big kms and elevation happening here.

I've got over 14,000km.

User avatar
Mugglechops
Posts: 2954
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:20 am

Still managing to stay in the green.

My elevation is only 90k, I don't like hills.
Image

Cyclophiliac
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:48 am

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Cyclophiliac » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:52 pm

So far for me this year it's 13,400km with about 166,000m climbing (at least according to SportTracks, which doesn't always get the climbing amount right). One more week of commuting will add another 310km and 3600m climbing.

jasonc
Posts: 9617
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby jasonc » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:45 pm

14k with 205k of up
Image

User avatar
Tim
Posts: 1913
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:02 pm
Location: Gippsland Lakes

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Tim » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:41 pm

Clocked 12,000 today. 11km's of climbing.
Had hoped for an extra thousand but I'll settle on this.
Started training for a criterium a couple of months back, knee went touchy so I backed off.
The criterium was called off due to rain anyway.
Take it easy for a week or two and it all starts again. :D
Heavier focus on gradually building intensity for the new year.

Cyclophiliac
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:48 am

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Cyclophiliac » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:00 am

Cyclophiliac wrote:So far for me this year it's 13,400km with about 166,000m climbing (at least according to SportTracks, which doesn't always get the climbing amount right). One more week of commuting will add another 310km and 3600m climbing.

Next year, my total will probably be more like about 15,500km instead of this year's 13,500km, as my commute recently increased to about 310km per week. That should keep me fit and lean! :)

jasonc
Posts: 9617
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby jasonc » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:04 am

Cyclophiliac wrote:Next year, my total will probably be more like about 15,500km instead of this year's 13,500km, as my commute recently increased to about 310km per week. That should keep me fit and lean! :)

Endomondo commuter challenge for you
Image

Cyclophiliac
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:48 am

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Cyclophiliac » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:33 pm

jasonc wrote:
Cyclophiliac wrote:Next year, my total will probably be more like about 15,500km instead of this year's 13,500km, as my commute recently increased to about 310km per week. That should keep me fit and lean! :)

Endomondo commuter challenge for you

Does Endomondo support direct upload of .FIT files to the web site, or do I have to use the phone app? I already record my rides with a Garmin Edge 800.

jasonc
Posts: 9617
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby jasonc » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:09 pm

Cyclophiliac wrote:Does Endomondo support direct upload of .FIT files to the web site, or do I have to use the phone app? I already record my rides with a Garmin Edge 800.


if you upload to garmin connect. you can get it to automatically to upload to endomondo. unfortunately you do have to change the activity type from "cycling" to "cycling (transport)" manually
Image

User avatar
kb
Posts: 2417
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby kb » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:40 pm

3 rides left for the year. Barring misfortune should scrape in :-)
Image

Cyclophiliac
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:48 am

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Cyclophiliac » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:04 pm

jasonc wrote:
Cyclophiliac wrote:Does Endomondo support direct upload of .FIT files to the web site, or do I have to use the phone app? I already record my rides with a Garmin Edge 800.


if you upload to garmin connect. you can get it to automatically to upload to endomondo. unfortunately you do have to change the activity type from "cycling" to "cycling (transport)" manually

Thanks again for the info. :)

I don't use Garmin Connect. I just joined Endomondo, though, and manually uploaded this morning's commute to it, directly from the Garmin's card. I then created a route from the imported workout, but I can't seem to link the new route to the new workout.

I also installed the Endomondo app for my Android phone, and will give it a try this week.

By the way, where's the Endomondo Challenge and how do I register for it?

Hergest
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Guildford West, NSW

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Hergest » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:54 pm

kb wrote:3 rides left for the year. Barring misfortune should scrape in :-)


According to your progress bar you've already got there by one whole kilometre :D Well done
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

Image

Hergest
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Guildford West, NSW

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Hergest » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:14 am

Went out at 4-30 this morning to beat the heat. Passed through 16,000 kms forwards and 118k metres upwards.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

Image

jasonc
Posts: 9617
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby jasonc » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:26 am

Well done hergest
Image

g-boaf
Posts: 9413
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:07 am

Hergest wrote:Went out at 4-30 this morning to beat the heat. Passed through 16,000 kms forwards and 118k metres upwards.


Way to go - good work. :) 4:30am would have been pretty peaceful too.

Cyclophiliac
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:48 am

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Cyclophiliac » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:38 pm

Total for the year, after my last commute just finished: 13,712km with 169,445m climbing.

TheWall
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby TheWall » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:37 pm

I have mentioned here before that a buddy is working his ring off to clock more klm than me this year...me? My I'm was simply to pass 12k for the first time...

All the chatter has got pretty annoying (I was overseas for 5 weeks so not really a fair contest) so I have gone radio silence this week and his 150k+ is actually a 80-90k shortfall :-) - I just haven't uploaded to Strava the 3 x101klm rides I have clocked this week (yes, all before work!).

And I am riding from Sunny Coast to Brisvegas tomorrow so my lead should increase further...whilst I cross the 12k mark with a week spare.

Should I feel bad?

User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12936
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney & Frankfurt
Contact:

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:58 pm

In 2018, the 10K Plus club is being combined with other longer-distance challenges:
2018 - 6,000km, 10,000km and 18,000km Clubs

As these are stickies and take a bit of space in the General Cycling Discussion forum sections, the compact format makes sense and you can simply define your goal for 2018 in that thread. There might be prizes / incentives as well!

Cheers
Christopher

g-boaf
Posts: 9413
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby g-boaf » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:56 pm

TheWall wrote:I have mentioned here before that a buddy is working his ring off to clock more klm than me this year...me? My I'm was simply to pass 12k for the first time...

All the chatter has got pretty annoying (I was overseas for 5 weeks so not really a fair contest) so I have gone radio silence this week and his 150k+ is actually a 80-90k shortfall :-) - I just haven't uploaded to Strava the 3 x101klm rides I have clocked this week (yes, all before work!).

And I am riding from Sunny Coast to Brisvegas tomorrow so my lead should increase further...whilst I cross the 12k mark with a week spare.

Should I feel bad?


He probably has seen this and has a few hundred kms of rides left to upload.

I'm not going to make 15,000km this year, I'm at 14,500 at the moment but lower back niggles have slowed me a little bit. Should be okay in a few days, but what I've got in kms is still good. :)

User avatar
fingy
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:59 pm

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby fingy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:31 pm

Thought I was running out of time, but am pleased to
be back on track for 20,000km this year. :D
Image

User avatar
Mugglechops
Posts: 2954
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Mugglechops » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:20 pm

65kms to go after a 120km ride today. Hoping I can get there. Had to do a manual up load on Monday as my garmin thought I was in 1999.....
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arbuckle23, caneye, Google [Bot], piledhigher